|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (AC2)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Talisman of Dominance
Tap: Add (1) to your mana pool.
Tap: Add (Blue) or (Black) to your mana pool. Talisman of Dominance deals 1 damage to you.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||xpsychovampx , LTmiller , Joblaska , electrolynx , Kvothe1115 , fireborne1986 , cryptoplasm , Boza , , brokendwarf , bakunet , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , sonnet666 , corys , Sparky41 , rikertchu , tlhunter07 , golgarigirl , metlguy|
|Want (5)||Pocketmouse , samuelianstorm , Malachy_ , SirFowler , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Talisman of Dominance Discussion
6 days ago
They tap for 2 mana yes, but I wouldn't count them as two. There's a bit of adisconnect between number of sources and total produced maan, but that's a lot more complicated of a conversation. the important thing is that they techincally count for zero by themselves, as you can't play them as your only lands (they bounce themselves).
As for lands to play (within a budghet of course), Command Tower, Mana Confluence and City of Brass all tap for any mana colour you need. Exotic Orchard can also help out and Forbidden Orchard isn't bad either as your primary source of damage has flying. Hinterland Harbor and Drowned Catacomb finishes off your check land cycle (which are good), you have pain lands like Yavimaya Coast, Llanowar Wastes and Underground River. That being said, don't feel like you have to run the full cycle of a land. I would persoanlly run the full cycle of shocks and check lands, but would be reluctant to run all 3 temples.
Given that you have minimal land search ramp, I wouldn't increase the number of basics you have by too much, however you could up your total basic count by 6 (2 of each) if you included more basic land searching. You also have the Panoramas (Grixis Panorama, Jund Panorama, Esper Panorama, Bant Panorama) which gives you colourless the turn you play it, but you can later crack it for a basic.
As for ramp, Chromatic Lantern is good fixing. Nature's Lore and Farseek are both good as they can fetch shocklands. Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are both decent, as is Rampant Growth. you also have the signets (Golgari Signet, Simic Signet, Dimir Signet) as well as Talisman of Dominance and Fellwar Stone.
1 week ago
I really like this deck, I tried for a while to build an Inalla list that felt good to me, but couldn't quite manage it. Dire Undercurrents is a sweet inclusion, I feel like you could probably make some really broken things happen with it. I also like some of the more obscure wizards you slotted in here, like Aven Fogbringer or Supreme Inquisitor.
Not running Sol Ring feels weird, but most people who don't run it have a reason for doing so. I just feel obligated to mention it. Fellwar Stone, Talisman of Dominance, and Talisman of Indulgence are some other great 2-cmc mana rocks.
Dramatic Reversal feels somewhat low impact, I feel like Intruder Alarm is usually just better. Faces of the Past could even work if you played more sacrifice outlets. Trophy Mage also feels a bit weak with only two fairly weak targets. Adding Ashnod's Altar could help give it some more flexibility in its targets. Ghostly Flicker is a very powerful effect with all your etb effects, and combos with Dualcaster Mage or Naru Meha, Master Wizard to give infinite etbs and flicker another creature, artifact, or land infinitely. Using Dualcaster Mage for this also allows you to create infinite hasty tokens.
1 week ago
@Splitcell - I've considered the card but this particular build doesn't ramp very hard. That will change and I'll have to test the card at that time for it to have a fair chance.
I'm planning on upping my mana ramp but want to weed out underperformers to make room slowly. I'm probably going the artifact route for ramp and will eventually be adding Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Talisman of Dominance, Signets, and probably Copy Artifact. I'm sad Pentad Prism doesn't sac when its counters are gone, that card would be nuts. Any suggestions anyone for ramp (other than Lion's Eye Diamond lol)?
2 weeks ago
Im dont think I like Vensers Journal, Growing Rites of Itlimoc, or the newer versions of Ulamog + Kozilek - all of them are slow, and the new titans dont shuffle your library for you.
Just some thoughts!
2 weeks ago
Good start but I do have a few suggestions for you.
First, a few lands. Ash Barrens deserves a spot with this many basics. Cephalid Coliseum is a nice selective way to fill your grave. Crystal Vein is good reusable ramp here. Command Tower and Command Beacon both deserve spots here. I'd personally run off color fetches too.
Next, grave matters stuff. Necromancy and Dance of the Dead are both good options. Fauna Shaman and Survival of the Fittest (available in gold border for MUCH cheaper) are both excellent ways to selectively fill your grave. Dredge obviously is good here, try Golgari Grave-Troll and Stinkweed Imp.
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. Feedback, ideas, and upvotes are appreciated. Muldrotha's Madhouse - No Infinite
2 weeks ago
So here are some suggestions, feel free to accept/ignore them as much as you want :).
1) I think the biggest issue your deck faces is that you are running a lot of cards that aren't terribly impactful in a 40 life, multiplayer format. For example, most of your card draw is either a one-off effect or tied to another spell that doesn't do a whole lot (i.e. Peppersmoke or Brainbite). I'd suggest adding card draw effects which either accumulate you more cards (i.e. Fact or Fiction, Stroke of Genius, etc.) or even better, are repeatable effects (i.e. Greed, Mystic Remora, Bident of Thassa, etc). Repeatable effects are key in EDH.
2) You are using a lot of spaces in your deck for effects that give your creatures evasion. I don't think you really need that much because most of your creatures already have evasive abilities. If you do want to devote some space however, there are much stronger options that you could consider like Whispersilk Cloak, Mask of Riddles, Sword of Feast and Famine and its siblings, Dauthi Embrace, Thassa, God of the Sea, Cloak and Dagger, etc.
3) Here is an obligatory promotion for Cyclonic Rift and Rite of Replication in any blue deck. Also, you probably want to run a couple more board wipes. Decree of Pain, Toxic Deluge, and Black Sun's Zenith are great. You also might want some more ramp. Talisman of Dominance, Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, and Thaumatic Compass Flip are all really great options.
4) Alongside repeatable effects, flexible cards are extremely powerful in EDH. You are going tribal here, so a card like Vanquisher's Banner would be amazing. It boosts your tribe and provides card draw. Herald's Horn is another option.
5) I think you could be running a stronger removal package as well. Instead of running tap effects, why not just run straight kill spells like Hero's Downfall, Silence the Believers, Vraska's Contempt, Attrition, etc.?
Lastly, I'll leave you with my deck Pocket Sand. Feel free to take ideas from it. It isn't a rogue/faerie tribal deck and it plays a more political game than yours, but it is similar to your deck in that it likes to use small, evasive creatures to out value opponents to eventually win the game.
Good luck deck building! +1
P.S. Some of the cards that I suggested aren't very budget friendly, but there are tons of cheaper replacements that do almost the same thing.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
One of my favorite cards in Nekusar is Increasing Vengeance, since you can copy wheels for tons of damage, and even use it from the graveyard for even more copies. Mana Geyser is also really good to get you the mana to fuel a powerful combo turn. Also, when wheeling a lot, it's good to be able to dump a good portion of your hand, so mana rocks are very good, especially 2-cmc ones like Fellwar Stone, Talisman of Dominance, or Talisman of Indulgence. I also think that that primal amulet in the maybeboard should totally find a place in the main deck. Costing down all your wheels and eventually flipping to copy one feels pretty insane. Finally, Master of the Feast feels pretty weak, since the 5/5 body doesn't matter all that much to your, and giving opponents an extra draw, while it may hurt them, doesn't feel impactful enough to justify a card slot.