At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player discards a card at random.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bottomless Pit Discussion
2 days ago
DarkLaw I think it looks interesting at least because it says "nonland" casting this after a boardwipe essentially means 3 times X dmg. Having everyone at zero cards in hand isn't too hard to achieve in a mono b deck either, with stuff like Delirium Skeins, Bottomless Pit, Mind Twist, Necrogen Mists...I think I'll try it in my deck with Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed
1 week ago
Got a few ideas for you...
Gibbering Descent, Bottomless Pit, Larceny, Waste Not, Geth's Grimoire, Asylum Visitor, Squee, Goblin Nabob, Pain Magnification, Anthem of Rakdos, Metallic Mimic, Adaptive Automaton, Charmbreaker Devils, Painful Quandary, Mind's Eye, Palace Siege & Cover of Darkness.
2 weeks ago
Stax is never fun to play against: throw together a deck with Zur the Enchanter as the commander and dropping, probably in this order: Rule of Law, Spirit of the Labyrinth and finally Bottomless Pit, Oppression or Necrogen Mists. If you're having trouble attacking, Steel of the Godhead is a useful addition.
Then, when everyone is locked down and pissed off, you can either go Voltron (with Battle Mastery and Phyresis etc.) or combo (Necropotence and Phyrexian Unlife, draw half your library, and then, if you didn't draw Repay in Kind, play one of the 3 or so tutors in the deck to search for it.) If you want to piss off your opponents more, then you can always Nevermore naming their commander. Darksteel Mutation and Imprisoned in the Moon are also 3 mana enchantment commander removal that stops them just re-casting them. (NOTE: Necropotence does not count as drawing cards so Spirit of the Labyrinth doesn't trigger.)
Its quite slow, but Rule of Law will probably prevent any hate directed at you, especially this early game. Also, enchantment removal is generally not as prevalent as, say, artifact removal. Don't forget to be an arsehole and gloat over their pain, that really pisses people off and will help you return to modern.
2 weeks ago
I can only suggest making the discard spells cheaper - high mana cost discard is pretty much useless because at the time when you are able to cast These spells, player's won't have that many cards left anyway. What's also great is some sort of constant discard, as you already have in the form of Oppression and Cunning Lethemancer
I would rather play Chain of Smog, Hymn to Tourach, Thoughtseize, Delirium Skeins, Mind Twist, Liliana of the Veil, Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip, Bottomless Pit, Necrogen Mists...to use madness better I can recommend Anvil of Bogardan
I black I also like to play Dark Confidant, Dark Tutelage and Phyrexian Arena. You've got to take the risk with your high mana costs though. Doesn't matter much if you have stuff like Sorin Markov or Pox to drastically reduce your opponent's life total as well.
2 months ago
If you intend to play this is a FFA, then I would highly suggest dropping most of your targeted creature removal and discard. In 4 player, those are significantly less good since removing 1-3 cards out of the potential 21 cards in hand you are facing isn't very good. Instead, your removal should be as wide reaching as possible. A good example of this is Beast Within.
Also in 4 player you don't need as much targeted removal because there are 2 other people who can deal with it at your table. For discard, I suggest Bottomless Pit and Necrogen Mists for you discard. I'd also add artifact ramp like Sol Ring because it ramps you way faster than land ramp.
Also if you are interested, here is my Nath list, Combo? Where We're Going, We Don't Need Combo, which includes a primer at the bottom which you can take some inspiration from if you want.
Hope this helps!
2 months ago
chaosumbreon87, Um... you missed the bit where you're wrong on more than half of that...
Bontu the Glorified - T4. Sac outlets are good when they affect the board or give you card advantage. If I wanted this effect I'd play Zulaport Cutthroat and only have to pay once. Also, if I wanted a commander that's just a sac outlet in the command zone, Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim is way better. (Hell, even Yahenni, Undying Partisan is better.)
Oketra the True - T4. I don't understand how people are slapping a T5 label on her when Heliod, God of the Sun is T4. They're practically the same, but with warriors instead of clerics. (Also Oketra doesn't get a neat interaction with Skybind, which is sad, but it can't be helped.)
Temmet, Vizier of Naktamu - T5. Good colors but literally no effect on the game.
Neheb, the Worthy - T4. Even if he's just a Stronghold Rats in the command zone, stripping your opponents' hands while setting up madness and reanimation is good a 3 mana. I play all of the following in black, Oppression, Necrogen Mists, & Bottomless Pit, so Neheb should be able to function just fine.
Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons - Tentatively T2.5. Even if you just load up on tutors, stall and draw with snake tokens, and try to combo out, being half of a low-cost infinite combo in the command zone is good competitive points.
Hotcake_Gotsyrup: I mean, it doesn't stop all infinite combos, but that's a good way to look at it. Are there any Hatebear/Stax commanders in red that would like this guy?
2 months ago
sonnet666, thanks for the advice. Here's how I'll change my list, given your input.
- I'll swap out Anthem of Rakdos for Gratuitous Violence, you're right there, no contest.
- Grave Upheaval will be sticking in my list, mainly because I think the basic land cycling is how I'll quite often use it, and if I'm desperate to reanimate something, I'd rather I cast on my turn and the creature has haste. Put those two together on one card, overcosted though it is, and the modality is what has me sold.
- Dark Withering never actually made it to the previous cut, because I felt the same way about it as you. Terminate is already taking up that spot. So spot-on insight there.
- Once again, the modality on Kolaghan's Command is what has me sold and I've actually used all 4 modes in one commander game before.
- Library of Leng will be staying in my list, (I know this reason is so scrubby it's unreal) mainly because it negates the negative feeling of discarding a card I really wanted to play, my list doesn't feature much graveyard recursion.
- Larceny is just a smidge off curve for my list, so I'll not be adding it in, but it would probably go well in a different build.
- Megrim and Liliana's Caress are getting the axe, but Quest for the Nihil Stone is going to stay because it actually works well in the list. So, out come Megrim and Carress and in go your recommendations of Bottomless Pit and Bloodchief Ascension
- Finally, because of the theme that I'm trying for my list, I'm not putting cards like Phyrexian Arena or Geth's Grimoire in, but they would probably make the cut in someone else's list.
So yeah, thanks. Some pretty good suggestions. When they finally put Neheb, the Worthy in the cardlist here on TAPPEDOUT, I'll post my list on this thread.