|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Mythic Rare|
|Amonkhet (AKH)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Neheb, the Eternal
Creature — Zombie Minotaur
Afflict 3 (Whenever this creature becomes blocked, defending player loses 3 life.)
At the beginning of your postcombat main phase, add R to your mana pool for each 1 life your opponents have lost this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||Willis1994 , davir , RubyStrings , Supremespeed , jwitzleben , Vasbear1 , snackeater , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Reliva , saj0219 , damo_rox , jstn.mrrtt , sepheroth119 , Thunderbeard , L4DMalus , Dr_Doomtrain , theilluminaire , RedMulligan , Atroxreaper , AlertKnave8075 , althekoolkid , Lucan2000 , metlguy|
|Want (2)||mlouden03 , Faceless_Being|
Neheb, the Eternal Discussion
13 hours ago
If it's used with FS/SS out, I feel like it's mostly win more. The only exceptions are if you are being threatened with commander damage, which is it's main weakness, or someone is threatening an infinite combo (there should have enough removal to deal with it anyway)
I have only played the deck 3 times. But, every game, so far, my life was averaging around 175. Even with those wins on board, its a very comfortable pillow.
The Boros curse makes timing the spells very important to get the most out of them.
1 day ago
You might consider Aggravated Assault and Neheb, the Eternal to go with Radha, and Combat Celebrant to go with Reconnaissance. Bear Umbra and Sword of Feast and Famine go infinite pretty easily with Najeela out. And if you find yourself running into mana troubles, Prismatic Omen goes nicely with Chromatic Lantern.
3 days ago
Extremely excited to use this bad boy in Neheb, the Eternal:
1 week ago
Meanwhile at my lgs I'm asked to trade cards for basic lands #feelsbadman
Jokes aside you have solid card collection, but as is the deck doesn't seem very focused. The generally accepted ratios like lands-to-ramp, board wipes, draw and removal are very good but some cards seem either out of place or kind of left alone (for example you have Neheb, the Eternal but you have no big spell or finisher to utilize all the left out mana.)
If you decide to keep Neheb and Locust god (both are solid in edh) i suggest you add some mana sinks/finishers for the former (whatever you have from Torment of Hailfire (ohh the flavour) to good old Fireball) and some serious card draw for the latter (Blue Sun's Zenith, Pull from Tomorrow etc). Or you can go towards spell heavy deck (maybe switch for Kess at the helm), maybe even voltron (Bolas can do anything hehe). Up to you mate, have fun brewing!
1 week ago
Nice! I play pretty casually and play almost exclusively Boros colors, so here's my take:
- 1) 3.5. Skullclamp is really good in just about any token, sac or equipment deck.
- 2) 4. The only thing holding this back is the price.
- 3) 3. Not bad. The fact that you have to pay every time is annoying. Not quite as good as number 1.
- 4) 2.5. Not a huge fan. This basically eats up half your mana base and makes you the target of Strip Mines.
- 5) 2.5. Mask of Memory is pretty decent. Middle of the road.
- 6) 3. Solid. I like it.
- 7) 3. Good plan, Lifegain to mitigate paying life. Best with Necropotence.
- 8) 2. Still helps opponents, and normally discard outlets are useless without the deck being built around them.
- 9) 2. Tower of Fortunes is not really good if you don't have insane ramp. Better options out there.
- 10) 3.5. Nice!
- 11) 1. Just play Phyrexian Arena. Use Strionic Resonator for bigger trigger effects.
- 12) 2. Well of Lost Dreams is actually pretty good, but there are better lifegain effects than Peace of Mind. I like Inventors' Fair.
- 13) 2.5. You have to be pretty desperate to use this but it seems like it'd be okay sometimes.
- 14) 3.5. Tribal is always powerful.
- 15) 2.5. It's okay, kinda easy to interupt.
- 16) 3.5. I love Infiltration Lens!
- 17) 1. Little too janky and helps opponents.
- 18) 4. Because Slate of Ancestry is so good.
- 19) 1. I feel like there are better ways to repeat wheels. This one costs too much.
- 20) 5. My all time personal favorite. Humble Defector is good alone and my top two-drop in all my Boros/red decks.
So again, from a strictly Boros perspective, those are my thoughts. I'm sure you can see the biases and the ones I've actually tested haha!
Others to consider:
- Prophetic Flamespeaker + Sword of Fire and Ice
- Knollspine Dragon + Damage
- Commune with Lava + Neheb, the Eternal//other ramp
- Loreseeker's Stone + lots of mana
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser + lots of tokens
- Book of Rass + Lifegain if you're not in black/no necropotence
- Commander's Sphere + Sun Titan
- The Immortal Sun... alone
- Azor's Gateway Flip + Untap effects//filter effects
Hope some of this helps. This will be a good resource!
1 week ago
Hey, good deck so far. If you need ore ideas, I would look into Amonkhet and Hour of Devastation. They, along with the Theros block, have lots of Minotaurs. Some good examples of Minotaurs might be Bloodrage Brawler, Ahn-Crop Crasher, or Neheb, the Eternal. These guys might not boost up your Minotaurs like some of the ones you have now do, but they are excellent on their own. Experiment, see what works. Good luck!
2 weeks ago
Is Mark of Asylum only there to protect Firesong and Sunspeaker?If so, you might want to swap it out for an aura that gives indestructible - such as Indestructibility or Shielded by Faith.I really don't think it's worth having a creature protector for a deck with only 1 creature.Deck seems like a cool idea.I know it's supposed to be creatureless, but I have a really cool combo for winning:Neheb, the Eternal on the battlefield along with Heartless Hidetsugu and Doubling Cube. Tap Heartless Hidetsugu before combat, then you get red mana equal to the amount of damage all players took this turn - a lot. Double it withDoubling Cube, then cast Comet Storm, paying an extra 1 for each of your opponents and pour all of your mana into the lethal damage of the x cost in Comet Storm. YOU WIN!
2 weeks ago
First off, I love the deck. Yeah, Probably a little heavy on the artifacts, but maybe that is the support Grenzo's Onion Army needs.
Maybe Goblin War Drums Since you're going wide and wanna get through with some bodies no matter what (Bedlam may be strictly better for your meta, though). I didn't know War's Toll existed, but I use Mana Web occasionally for similar effect.
Neheb, the Eternal is a must for ramp from damage to play opponents spells, IMO. In addition, Things like World at War, Aggravated Assault, Savage Beating and, My favorite for hordes like this: Breath of Fury all get you exiling through people's decks and any chance of chaining together a winning combo. Stranglehold is nice, too if your meta loves tutors (like mine does)).
Happy Goading, my Mono Red Friend!