|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|Masters 25 (A25)||Rare|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Annihilation (V14)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Rare|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Each player exiles all creature cards from their graveyard, then sacrifices all creatures they controls, then puts all cards they exiled this way onto the battlefield.
|Have (4)||Mortiferus_Rosa , Forkbeard , , metalmagic|
|Want (7)||brokendwarf , Aaryanna , Kagu11 , gigimaci , Zempo , raulitin , thedeafkid101|
Living Death Discussion
1 week ago
You have uploaded a lot! Naturally this deck nodded to Lion King so I had to check this one first. This deck looks like derpy mono black good stuff and I am liking it a lot! Read the Bones and Living Death might be good here. If you want to be mean, Sheoldred is a good option.
1 week ago
Hello, first things first I must thank you for reaching out to me. Recently I got sick and tired of more casual Ur-Dragon decks and I'm very glad that someone out there also looks for ways to make it more optimized.
So let's start the analysis, creatures first:
- I feel like this deck would use more dorks like Bloom Tender and Deathrite Shaman - this brings total of non-Dragon creatures to 5 but they all have CMC 1-4 and very clear purpose as they ramp and provide other useful abilities like grave hate, trample or more than 1 mana. I perfectly understand hesitation when it comes to Bloom Tender because of it's high price but Deathrite Shaman is pure value so it gets banned everywhere, which combined with recent reprint makes it very affordable.
- Verix Bladewing - I feel like this dragon is a trap. It tempts you with 3 CMC but brings nothing more than a quasi-vanilla 4/4 with Flying and when kicked is nothing more than 1 mana more expensive Broodmate Dragon so...
In case of Broodmate... I don't think someone would use spell like this:
- Crucible of Fire - I think it's a "win more" card and sometimes you win without combat so I'd recommend Carpet of Flowers - helps estabilishing early even if it gives only 1 more mana. There are of course times that this enchantment will be useless but the times it's very powerful and helpful really outweigh the negatives so no wonder it's used in many cEDH builds
- I really like the idea of 1 CMC counterspell but how about Stubborn Denial ? Instead of giving someone body to block/sac you have Mana Tithe early (just observe if someone completely taps out) and straight up Negate later since almost every creature in the deck is able to meet that requirement.
- Also I can't recommend enough value of Vandalblast - it's very cheap removal or just artifact wipe and I'm really happy card with this flexibility exists.
- I don't really like the idea of Urza's Incubator since it helps other's cast their Dragons and I just prefer mana rocks that color fix. This might sound contradictory to the idea behind Goreclaw but she is a big body and provides slight buff and trample on top of cost reduction so it all justifies it's inclusion. For mana rock that would help maybe Mana Vault ?
- Speaking of fixing I personally use Expedition Map for this reason and when I'm done fixing I can just tutor for Cavern of Souls or Homeward Path in more control match-ups. Also I don't understand the hype behind Coalition Relic .
- Planeswalkers tend to die fast so I evaluate them as modal spells and Sarkhan Unbroken is not very impressive:
- So to the above point I'd just go for Sarkhan Vol , which has haste or Act of Treason modes or Sarkhan the Mad to just kill someone with dragons by combat without combat (like some kind of Sun Tzu xD) and if it survives for another turn then draw off of it or get token.
- Also I'm thinking about running Living Death - what are your thoughts?
And that's probably it from me, let me know what you think about these.
2 weeks ago
Looking through your deck I think for the most part it looks doable. There's a few things I would recommend cutting to kind of lower the CMC of the deck, as i noticed you've got a somewhat low land count, along with some cards I feel like are zombie traps.
Army of the Damned is something I see in a hell of a lot of zombie decks, but I never feel like it's ACTUALLY any good. Sure, 13 2/2's is nothing to scoff at, but it's so mana intensive and they enter tapped anyway that it just feels like a trap. Unless you've got a way to cheat the cost, I'd suggest trying something else - Reanimate , Unearth , Living Death , etc. Besides, I think Josu Vess is better for that kind of thing, since his horde has menace and is untapped.
Endless Ranks of the Dead is only situationally good from my experience. It's just a little too slow for me to ever really do much with it.
Empty the Pits is another I'm not too crazy about. Admittedly, self milling can make it do some work, but overall I feel like it's too expensive UNLESS you've got a good GY built up.
As far as suggestions, here's a few thoughts:
Unearth - this beauty is so synergistic with a zombie deck. The biggest problem for zombies in a 60 card format is that all of their lords are at the 3 CMC cost. In EDH we can run them all, and hey, surprise surprise, they're all targetable with this spell!
Reanimate - Basically a second Unearth, but without the 3 CMC restriction.
Flash and Rot Hulk is a pretty disgusting combination. You flash in the hulk and don't pay it's cost and since that's technically part of the resolution of the Flash spell, Hulk's ETB won't trigger until after he's in the graveyard in this instance, meaning you can target him with his own ETB, getting back it and two other zombies, then on his second ETB getting back another three zombos. All at instant speed!
Living Death - Highly, HIGHLY suggest this one. It's both a boardwipe and a finisher, all in one.
Tombstone Stairwell - THis one is a finisher in my deck. A better version of Endless Ranks of the Dead , but with the added benefit of sooooo many death triggers that if you've got a Diregraf Captain or Plague Belcher out, you'll probably win the game shortly after.
Shepherd of Rot - With all the zombies you're running, why not turn them into pure burn? Sure it hurts you too, but you can always run things like...
Whip of Erebos - Lifelink is underrated in black, and being able to reanimate anything in your GY for a burst swing is super nice.
Phyrexian Altar AND Ashnod's Altar - Both of these are great. Not only do they ramp, but with certain boardstates they go infinite for a combo win - Classics like Gravecrawler , Phyrexian Altar , and Diregraf Captain will drain the whole table pretty easily.
Nim Deathmantle - If you're running Ashnod's Altar , you should run this. This can EASILY lead to some infinite combos (with Ashnod's, this, and, say, Grave Titan you've got infinite zombies and also infinite colorless mana).
Bontu's Monument - There's probably a combo hidden with it, but cost reduction and incidental lifegain is always nice!
Talisman of Dominance - I like it better than the Dimir Signet, but running both will give you a little bit of ramp at least.
Graf Harvest - If you're going the combo route you probably don't need this but if you're wanting to just swing, this 1 CMC enchantment does some work in an aggro shell.
2 weeks ago
Gadianten: Finale is expensive and I never really bother with other people’s yards unless it helps me combo or advances the board state. Balthor is kind of neat, like a backup Living Death , but if I want to use him right away, he’s expensive and only usable once, so he probably won’t make the cut.
Morality Shift is cute and I have thought about other decks built around it but I haven’t made the time recently. It’d be bad here.
My initial reasons for not running Buried Alive is that it’s kind of a clunky Entomb and it’s super threatening. Entomb can be super threatening as well but it’s so much faster. Setting up 3 cards would be sweet but I think it’s not good for politics.
2 weeks ago
Love the deck man.
A few suggestions based on my Kresh Warrior Deck:
1) Ruric Thar, the Unbowed , why not
2) Living Death , again it has won me so many games
3) Hamletback Goliath , you MUST add this card it is NUTS (on average it grows to a 25/25-55/55 in my deck, which looks fairly similar)
multimedia on RATS!
2 weeks ago
Hey, can't get much better than Rats and Angels :) Consider more Rat Colony? 20 seems good, haha.
Cards to consider adding:
- Mogis's Marauder : there will be lots of black devotion with Rats, this guy can give all your Rats haste and you choose which ones get haste. Win from out of nowhere.
- Crypt Ghast : pretty much a staple when playing so many Swamps. Extort is some extra opponent life lose and life gain for you when casting Rats.
- Thrumming Stone : expensive price card, ripple 4 is amazing with Rat Colony.
- Living Death and Patriarch's Bidding : reanimate all Rats.
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed : anthem and give all Rats undying. When you sac a Rat it's reanimated.
- Basilisk Collar : equip to Crypt Rats, kill all your opponents and not yourself.
- Dark Prophecy : draw when you sac Rats, works with tokens.
- Jet Medallion : make all Rat Colony only cost one mana.
- Diabolic Intent
- Insidious Dreams : discard your hand to tutor for and setup the top of your library with all Rat Colony.
3 weeks ago
Looks great! Cards like Aura Shards and Return to Dust are edh allstars (I'm guessing one of the cards you skipped was Vampiric Tutor ? That one's pretty good too), and there's a bunch of gameplan-specific cards like Buried Alive and Dread Return that will work perfectly with Karador, Ghost Chieftain . Some other staples you might want to add are Eternal Witness and Sol Ring .
First thing you should probably change is playing 2x Makeshift Mannequin ... I know you're into playing banned cards and everything, but this format has RULES!
I'd also look for is more ways to get things into the graveyard. Right now, I see you've got:
The consistent options are great, since they allow you flexibility to find any answer, support synergies, and aren't going to whiff. The inconsistent options don't have the same upsides. The main reason you'd want to play them is to grind out value, so I think Perpetual Timepiece and Nyx Weaver could work (although I've been looking for an excuse to try Grindclock because I'd imagine it can take over a game if let's unintended for a few turns). Corpse Connoisseur is only useful if it's already in the graveyard, and Entomb might be a better option. Extractor Demon has the same issue where it's overcosted for a Thought Scour effect. Overall, since you only have three or so creatures that benefit from being cheated out from the graveyard, cards like Satyr Wayfinder might end up hitting things like Harrow , Buried Alive , etc. too often. This means you're probably going to have to play more self-mill type cards to justify cards like Ramunap Excavator .
Some options to get stuff into the yard: Grim Flayer Underrealm Lich Life from the Loam Golgari Grave-Troll (not my favorite since you don't draw a card, but if you have enough graveyard effects, it could work)
Sylvan Ranger seems strictly worse than both Sakura-Tribe Elder (puts the land into play and puts himself in the graveyard to reduce Karador cost) and Rampant Growth . There seem to be a couple cards like this that are meant to provide some enter-the-battlefield trigger and then get sacrificed for value, but I only see Viscera Seer , Cartel Aristocrat , and Bloodthrone Vampire . That means most of the time you play cards like Elvish Visionary , it'll just be a 1/1 on the battlefield. Viscera Seer is fantastic, but the other two outlets don't get you much value anyway, which makes cards like Yavimaya Elder more valuable. Looking into effects like Qasali Pridemage , Selfless Spirit , and maybe even Spore Frog is probably where you want to go, since they are situationally fantastic, can put themselves in the graveyard to cast karador, and are much stronger options to cast with Karador later in the game. They can subtly win you games sometimes. Maybe looking into things like Skullclamp could help if you want extra sac outlets, but you'd probably want ~10-15 cards that make 1/1's to justify it (not entirely sure though). It's wildly powerful though, especially if you can recur 1/1's with Karador.
Recursion: Unburial Rites Living Death Journey to Eternity Flip (imagine how fun turn two Sakura-Tribe Elder into card could be? Also can be used to protect Sheoldred, Whispering One or Karador later in the game)
Finally, figuring out how you want to use your toolbox cards ahead of time help. Right now, there are a couple good lines for Buried Alive , such as Dread Return + Sheoldred, Whispering One , but what happens if you don't have three creatures available? Then you want Unburial Rites in your deck so you can pay 3W next turn.
Some final things to hammer out: 1. What's the plan for early game? Is it playing sac outlets then creatures with ETB triggers for extra value? It is playing utility creatures like Qasali Pridemage to develop a relevant board and solid recur value later in the game? Is it to ramp as quickly as possible into huge threats? Is it getting creatures into the graveyard ASAP with Grim Flayer or Entomb so you can Reanimate something huge on turn three? It's not bad to dip into each method, but you can have the best synergies if you heavily commit to one strategy, otherwise you might end up with great curve like Reanimate , Bloodthrone Vampire , and Ramunap Excavator , but no real value. 2. What's the win condition? I'd expect reanimating huge things out providing too much value with Karador, but even the best reanimation target Sheoldred, Whispering One isn't going to close out a game. The other targets like Soul of the Harvest and Harvester of Souls are great value, but bashing with a 6/6 can only go so far. If you're going more the reanimation route, perhaps dreaming bigger like It That Betrays could help. If you play these big boys, playing Ashnod's Altar could be fun, plus I think it's got a bunch of infinite combos. Sadly, a lot of the best options like Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite are ~10-20 bucks. 3. My personal strategy would be to play a bunch of cheap value creatures like Selfless Spirit , ramp like Sol Ring and Sakura-Tribe Elder , the best graveyard stashers like Entomb and some self-mill cards (but only ones that can win me the game if left unattended, like Underrealm Lich ), 3-5 board wipes (you can always recur your threats) and the classic interaction package ( Swords to Plowshares , etc.), and probably 7-10 or so curve-topping creatures that can end games for you (from Grave Titan to It That Betrays ).
The deck looks great, it's gonna be scary in no time!
3 weeks ago
This past weekend saw my cube’s first seven player draft (eight had homework to finish). Now, some of them are filthy casuals but here are the deck lists drafted with (W-L) stats! No basic lands included, however.
Me – Mardu Angels (3-0)
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Assemble the Legion
Bruna, the Fading Light
Cavern of Souls
Conqueror's Galleon Flip
Gisela, the Broken Blade
Nahiri, the Harbinger
Smuggler Captain (finds Reanimate )
Sphere of the Suns
Pritch – Golgari Midrange (2-1)
Go for the Throat
Herald of Torment
Heir of the Wilds
Liliana of the Veil
Liliana, the Last Hope
Rite of Belzenlok
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Thrun, the Last Troll
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Westvale Abbey Flip
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Paul – Grixis Control (1-1)
Creeping Tar Pit
Force of Will
Lich Lord of Unx
Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Tezzeret, Artifice Master
Thassa, God of the Sea
Thing in the Ice Flip
Unscythe, Killer of Kings
Abby – Bant Midrange (0-1)
Bow of Nylea
Courser of Kruphix
Crush of Tentacles
Elixir of Immortality
Kiora, the Crashing Wave
Mikaeus, the Lunarch
Sigarda, Host of Herons
Spirit of the Labyrinth
Sword of War and Peace
Matt – Four Color Good Stuff (1-1)
Arch of Orazca
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
Birds of Paradise
Brimaz, King of Oreskos
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Maze of Ith
Odric, Master Tactician
Path to Exile
Price of Fame
Sword of Light and Shadow
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
Tetzimoc, Primal Death
Through the Breach
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Voice of Resurgence
Warden of the First Tree
Zacama, Primal Calamity
Ben – Temur Cascade– (0-1)
Akroma, Angel of Fury
Braid of Fire
City of Brass
Ghalta, Primal Hunger
Heart of Ramos
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
Pact of Negation
Sai, Master Thopterist
Search for Azcanta Flip
Sword of Fire and Ice
Urabrask the Hidden
Volatile Chimera (I forget what was on it, never came up)
Courrtney – Green Black Delirium (0-1)
Avenger of Zendikar
Empty the Pits
Emrakul, the Promised End
Garruk Relentless Flip
Great Sable Stag
Greenwarden of Murasa
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
Isareth the Awakener
Master of the Wild Hunt
Oracle of Mul Daya
See the Unwritten
Whip of Erebos
Living Death occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%