|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Other enchantments you control have shroud.
, Sacrifice Sterling Grove: Search your library for an enchantment card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the card on top of it.
Sterling Grove Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hey, you seem to be running a good amount of enchantments and cards like Sterling Grove , along with token doublers... Have you thought about leaning a littler heavier into enchantments while running things like Sigil of the Empty Throne , Celestial Ancient , Herald of the Pantheon , Privileged Position , Ghostly Prison , Sun Titan , etc?
You could even run Vernal Equinox for some fun :D
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
3 weeks ago
Jungian_Thing You have got very good points. Timetwister is so unique that I don't think there is no close replacement. The card draw combine with shuffle effect helps a lot in my games, it's one of my most tutored instant/sorcery cards. Sterling Grove is good, I was deciding that between Perplex , since I include Timetwister it actually make Perplex better.
Walking Ballista it merge of cutting. I want to have more win-cons. With infinite creature mana, I have 3 creatures win with commanders, 2 if I can draw my whole deck. If there is a new dual-colored creature I can win with commander, I will replace it with Walking Ballista . I chose it over Hydroid Krasis because I already have 2 draw engine, plus krasis and Laboratory Maniac don't win the game unless I can draw another card with spell. However, I still think Hydroid Krasis is a very good option, I just don't know what to cut for it.
Gemstone Caverns is better than you think. This deck is not that color intensive, ramp is more important, especially not all your opening hand always useful.
Twilight Mire can be cut for your suggestion, I have it just because I have cards with double or triple black mana symbols, and it's a GBU heavy deck, especially Necropotence is really hard to cast sometimes
3 weeks ago
I like this build. Couple of general questions...
I don't have Timetwister , I see why it's an auto include but not about to fork out +$3k, any thoughts on alts, clearly not an understudy but cards that maybe you maybe'd? I was thinking Sterling Grove .
Walking Ballista , good card but without the synergy, it seems to be inconsistent. I have seen Hydroid Krasis , it's solid and can play into the combo but not an oops I win? Would be good for a color pair killer in this slot. Not sure what though, I'll start exploring but any suggestions would be cool.
Gemstone Caverns , I see this in plenty of lists but it just looks so corner case that most of the time it's a dead card. Am I missing something? I would have thought Tarnished Citadel would prove more consistent.
1 month ago
You may want to consider enchantments with mana doubling effects such as Zendikar Resurgent , Mirari's Wake . I also think hexproof creatures work best with an aura theme like Slippery Bogle , Silhana Ledgewalker , Sagu Mauler . Asceticism and Sterling Grove are also amazing for this deck. I would add more destruction like Crush Contraband or Return to Dust even Relic Crush . Reclamation Sage , Indrik Stomphowler , Acidic Slime . Maybe even Seal of Cleansing
1 month ago
Heya Balthamir, have you considered adding in some cards like Inexorable Tide for that extra proliferation triggers? Honor-Worn Shaku is another secret deck tech card that lets you tap your friends for mana as well! Sterling Grove can help with the double protection with Privileged Position or Greater Auramancy as well. For utility spells as well you can consider running cards like Nature's Claim , Assassin's Trophy , Path to Exile , and Swords to Plowshares .
Sterling Grove occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
GWU (Bant): 0.74%