: Gain .
, Sacrifice a creature: Gain .
|Want (6)||keltuzade , spacemonkey0042 , Jinxed_07 , merdrach , Mastadontti , TheBl0b|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Phyrexian Tower occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
WB (Orzhov): 0.69%
Phyrexian Tower Discussion
1 week ago
Ladies and Gentleman of the jury,
I'm looking for some feedback on this deck. My goal is to make it more competitive. Not the the point of cEDH. Rather, I'd like to win about 50%-ish of the time.
I'd also eventually like another resilient sac outlet. Perhaps Phyrexian Tower or Phyrexian Altar. In addition, perhaps some type of Damnation board-wipe. I do have Gaze of Granite too which I'm not 100% sold on.
If I'm missing anything else please let me know.
1 month ago
Syr Konrad, the Grim would fit in good here. The deck looks good so far. But you may wanna start looking at your lands. Cabal Coffers Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth are a good start I know some of the lands can be pricey but if you acquire them over time you'll get there. Others to consider are Deserted Temple Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Phyrexian Tower .
1 month ago
Note to Self: Most recent addition is Phyrexian Tower.
1 month ago
Some things here are in and out for testing. Overall I am very much enjoying the deck, and working on acquiring the cards in the art that I like a little at a time. I'll go over the latest testing/impressions below.
- Evolutionary Leap : I have replaced Leap with Vraska, Golgari Queen . I got tired of bottoming things like Dictate of Erebos or any of the other 34 non-creature cards. My creatures are all powerful, granted, but passing over my key enchantments is very much a no-go. I have yet to play her, but I am hopeful.
- Xenagos, the Reveler : absolutely earned his place. The rate with which he lets me turn land-light board states into multi-action haymakers is unreal.
- Mana base: I'm trying to rework this again, I find it incredibly painful and while that is largely OK for the 1v1s that I commonly run, I'm not sure if that's ideal for the true multiplayer environment. I have added Yavimaya Hollow for the regen effect, and still want to find a home for Phyrexian Tower . My priority is still ETB untapped lands, so it will probably remain painful. Just want to go over it again, is all. Probably adding all of the applicable fetches and shocks, and then basics instead of the odd check lands? Not sure yet. I know the quantity is right, though.
- The Death Priest is bonkers. I already had him in the win-con field but twice he came out in testing yesterday and was absolutely nuts. Its even better with Reyhan out, of course, but even on his own he ramps up any sac outlets really, really fast.
- The deck doesn't feel like it has a nut-draw, exactly. It can come from so many different angles, and can function on hands that are literally all lands, thanks to my 2-card hand in the command zone. I've had games that were straight aggro, drawing nothing but beating down with Reyhan and Tana until I did draw into something good. I tend to prefer the non-combat win-cons, as its super annoying to stack up a dude and get your creatures tapped down or bounced. Purph and a big Tana is my single favorite win-con if I have to do it via combat damage.
- My curve feels pretty nice. Yeah, sometimes I draw all my 6-drops but most of the time I don't have a problem with curving out into something unmanageable.
I'm getting to the point where I'm seeing fewer things that need to come in and out for testing, and I think its largely going to be waiting on new sets to really drop bombs if I don't take the deck a different direction, which I don't think I want to. I really like its toolbox. Wouldn't mind a proper tutor instead of Diabolic Intent , but I don't want to be more oppressive than this can already be and that is on flavor and synergistic with the rest of the deck.
1 month ago
I have a lot of recommendations for you. These may be pricey so I apologize if they're out of your price range but here you go:
Cards To Add Show
Add Reyhan, Last of the Abzan . If you can put +1/+1 counters on your creatures, your devourer will get HUGE real fast! Gets crazy too if you eat everything with Mycoloth and all those extra +1/+1 counters go to him.
Add Triumph of the Hordes . This cards a no brainer for token swarms and huge powerful armies. Remember, it only takes 10 infect to kill someone.
Add Moldervine Reclamation . Just a simple life gain/card draw engine for your devourers.
Cards To Swap Show
Replace Thorn-Thrash Viashino with Bloodspore Thrinax . Viashino doesn't provide any positive effects for devouring. Bloodspore Thrinax on the otherhand can push a token deck into an absurd board state.
Replace Mother Bear with Jade Mage . Mother Bear is situational and requires her to be in the graveyard prior to using her. And the value isn't all that great. With Jade Mage you can use all of your mana every turn to do at least something.
Replace Emrakul's Hatcher with Tendershoot Dryad . Emrakul isn't that great for your token production. Tendershoot on the other hand can buff all of your saprolings and in a 4 player game, it'll produce 3 tokens by the time it comes back to you.
Replace Algae Gharial with Poison-Tip Archer . You won't get much value out of Gharial. Poison-Tip Archer on the other hand can be lethal if kept on the board. It's basically a stronger Mayhem Devil .
Cards to Cut Show
Mana Rocks Show
Wayfarer's Bauble , Arcane Signet , Chromatic Lantern , Commander's Sphere , Darksteel Ingot , Thran Dynamo , Worn Powerstone , Fellwar Stone , Golgari Signet , Gruul Signet , Rakdos Signet , Talisman of Impulse , Talisman of Indulgence , Talisman of Resilience , Heraldic Banner
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth , Fabled Passage , Castle Embereth , Dwarven Mine , Bojuka Bog , Grim Backwoods , Phyrexian Tower , Kessig Wolf Run , Volrath's Stronghold , Overgrown Tomb , Stomping Ground , Woodland Cemetery , Blood Crypt , Dragonskull Summit , Command Tower , Savage Lands , Rootbound Crag , Rakdos Carnarium , Gruul Turf , Golgari Rot Farm
1 month ago
Nice list, kudos especially to that average CMC! Hopefully no-one hits a Chalice of the Void against you anytime soon... :^)
Also, a couple of tips from a seasoned Farmer:
- If looking for more fast mana sources, try Phyrexian Tower / Ancient Tomb for lands ( Crop Rotation becomes a ritual that way, even without too many creatures).
- Seeing you usually have a lot of dudes and both Growth & Sprawl handy, have you considered an Earthcraft package with basic lands + Prismatic Vista ? That represents a lot of mana during your Naus turns, and accelerates your gameplans on the side pretty well.
- Finally, Grace+Naus into Sickening Dreams is somewhat challenging to assemble without Yawgmoth's Will most of the time. 80+% of my Dreams kills go by Naus -> Will -> Grace -> Naus -> Dreams. Of course those kinds of stormy wins often require more fast mana like Mana Vault / Grim Monolith too, but I recommend trying Will out here seeing a lot of cards like Extortionist can be abused with it.
2 months ago
So Scarab God is one of my favorite commanders so you're in luck. I have a lot of recommendations for you. Lets start off with creatures. Creatures: Though you want mostly zombie tribal, you do want a few largely impactful cards that you can discard into your graveyard and recast with The Scarab God . Some cards I'd recommend are Sheoldred, Whispering One , Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur , Sower of Discord <--- This card in combination with Paradox Haze + Wound Reflection make for an extremely quick kill for 2 people, Noxious Ghoul , Ghoulcaller Gisa , Eternal Skylord , Gleaming Overseer , Undead Alchemist , Corpse Connoisseur , Lord of the Accursed , Lich Lord of Unx and Gisa and Geralf
Lands: First of all your Crypt of the Eternals isn't legal in your deck as it has red mana. Now lands are usually the most expensive part of a deck but also the most important part of the deck. If you're willing to cough up the money or want to get proxies of them here's my recommendations: Cabal Coffers , Command Tower , Crypt of Agadeem , Fabled Passage , Field of the Dead , Myriad Landscape , Nephalia Drownyard , Phyrexian Tower , Polluted Delta , Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth , and Volrath's Stronghold . If you have a way of making a proxy I'd also recommend Underground Sea because this card is ridiculously expensive. Then equalize your basic lands a bit more with 13-14 swamps and 7-8 islands.
Sorceries/Instants: My recommendation is remove all of your instants and sorceries with the exception of From Under the Floorboards , Syphon Flesh , Army of the Damned and Zombie Apocalypse . Now simply replace them with Restless Dreams , Mind Bomb and Careful Study so you have more discard outlets.
Artifacts/Mana Dorks: Most of your artifacts and mana dorks are good but could use some tuning. My recommendation is to swap Dimir Locket with Dimir Signet . Swap Prismatic Lens with Arcane Signet . Swap Star Compass with Commander's Sphere . Swap Charcoal Diamond with Darksteel Ingot . Then as an alternate win condition, you can toss in a Mindcrank and Strionic Resonator to mill your opponents as they take damage and then allowing you to double Scarab Gods ability.
Enchantments: You're missing out on some amazing potential with enchantments. Keep all of the ones you have but think about replacing Monastery Siege with a Rhystic Study or The Immortal Sun . Now I'm just gonna list off a lot of enchantments for you that work wonders in this style of deck. Pick and choose which ones you want: Tortured Existence , Zombie Infestation , Curse of Disturbance , Phyrexian Arena , Grave Pact , No Mercy , Dictate of Erebos , Liliana's Mastery , Open the Graves , Rooftop Storm <-- this one is a must have. Wound Reflection and finally Grave Betrayal . Your Endless Ranks of the Dead is new to me btw and I'll definitely be adding that one into my Scarab God deck. That thing is nuts.
Lastly your Maybeboard, the only cards I'd recommend putting in is Torment of Hailfire and Grave Titan . The rest are either unnecessary or do more harm than good. Though if you do want a planeswalker I'd highly recommend Liliana, Untouched By Death . She synergizes with the deck extremely well, especially if you have Rooftop Storm on the battlefield because now you can just recast everything from your graveyard for free.
2 months ago
Hi, thank you for your advices, they're precisely what i needed! First of all i know that the description is rough and approximate, when i'll arrive to 100 cards beeing sure i'll fix it once for all.
Fetid Heath , Phyrexian Tower and Diabolic Intent are surely better, and are in my wishlist for now, but i'm already investing in my Kaalia deck and except for some budget utilities (like Wake the Dead ) i prefer to wait.
Talking about the cutting (that was my biggest problem):
Cathodion is effectively the first card to remove
Pitiless Plunderer and Geist-Honored Monk have both better alternatives ( Pawn of Ulamog and Sengir Autocrat ). The second was in for giving more possibilities to get a Nim's piece of Combo and a Xathrid Necromancer target. But i think you're right and i'll cut both of them.
I think that Felidar-Restoration + Corpse Knight could be a solution if i can't pass from graveyard ( Rest in Peace & co.), but effectively it's less synergical with Teysa and all the deck. So I'll cut them.
Cutting all this i go to 100 with Teysa Karlov and Elenda, the Dusk Rose still inside: the second is not a good token generator neither is useful with his lifelink, maybe adding a Doom Whisperer to going through the deck looking for missing card? The second is a redundant, if i go infinite i don't need it, but don't you think that in a bad moment of the game a double Teysa, Orzhov Scion or Skullclamp or giving lifelink and vigilance to all the generated tokens could be a good topdeck?