|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Mythic Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sheoldred, Whispering One
Legendary Creature — Praetor
At the beginning of your upkeep, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Sheoldred, Whispering One Discussion
5 days ago
Alright. After looking through, I have a few ideas. 1. Instead of stealing other’s artifacts for 4+ mana, perhaps running things like Abrade , Artifact Possession , Copy Artifact , or Bedevil to either create copies of other’s artifacts, or destroy them with more options than what you currently have.
- Mana fixing Drowned Catacomb , Dragonskull Summit , Watery Grave , Command Tower , Arcane Signet , Grixis Obelisk, and Grixis Panorama would all help in your ability to cast Bolas on curve.
- Holding off the other players.
- Creatures. Zahid, Djinn of the Lamp , Wall of Stone , Norritt , Chainwhip Cyclops , and Vraska's Finisher are all bad cards. I suggest cards like Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip, Sheoldred, Whispering One , Notion Thief , Archfiend of Depravity , and Massacre Girl could be more beneficial than the current ones you have.
1 week ago
I don't know what your budget it is or how optimized you want this deck but immediate suggestions are a few tutors at the least.
is the cheap everyone goes for until they get better ones.
Beseech the Queen
isn't bad either. There's also
, and more.
If you are playing with death triggers and things dying some good options are Debtors' Knell , Sheoldred, Whispering One , Black Market , and whatnot. Also, you have white! Use Swords to Plowshares ! I'd keep Merciless Eviction as it is a wonderful board wipe but also consider Hour of Revelation . Other good cards are like Anguished Unmaking , Utter End , and Vindicate .
1 week ago
3: Can you think of a better option than these?
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Hey man! I always like Esper. Here're some suggestions; feel free to ignore any or all of them:
In your description, you say you need help with win conditions. I think it's important to keep in mind, if you don't already, that too many win conditions will actually hinder your deck. This is because with more discrete combos, you raise the number of 'dead' draws in your deck; drawing half of two combos that don't go together makes Jac a sad boi. So while I do agree you could use more win conditions, I think only adding another one or (maybe) to is probably the best route.
In the spirit of (1), you may find that having a powerful reanimation package can be one of the secondary win cons you're looking for. Tidespout Tyrant used to be one of the top reanimation targets in legacy (maybe it still is -- I don't understand that format anymore), and running him will let you draw Animate Dead sans Leonin Relic-Warder and still have a good shot at winning.
To that end, you should run Entomb and Buried Alive . Tutoring to the 'yard not only puts your Leonin Relic-Warder right where you want him, but also your Sheoldred, Whispering One /any other reanimation targets you may want. There're some other reanimation spells to consider, some that work with Leonin Relic-Warder and some that don't. Consider: Reanimate , Exhume (if you wanna get spicy), Dance of the Dead and/or Unburial Rites . Unburial Rites is one of my favorite cards, especially since you can tutor it with Entomb .
I think Path to Exile is strictly worse, in EDH, than Swords to Plowshares . Ramping an opponent in a format where everyone is doing busted stuff is dangerous, but giving them six or more life points may be irrelevant, especially since this seems to be a combo deck.
Your Brainstorm is good, but it'd be better with more shuffle effects in your deck. While Prismatic Vista and the other generic fetches (see Marsh Flats , etc.) can be very expensive, slow fetches like Flood Plain and/or Bad River are fine alternatives.
In addition to your Brainstorm , I cannot recommend Ponder and it's lil' brother Preordain highly enough. These two may not look like much, but being able to dig to what you need and past what you don't for one mana is a pretty great feeling. I run them in all my blue decks, and (with very limited exceptions) always like drawing them.
You've got some pretty good rocks, but there're ways to improve your ramp base. I've been very impressed with the talismans ( Talisman of Dominance , Talisman of Hierarchy and Talisman of Progress ) as slightly-better signets, and it's important not to discount Thought Vessel , Everflowing Chalice or Mind Stone .
You have some very powerful artifacts: Bolas's Citadel , Thornbite Staff , and Lifeline all seem like game-changers in this deck. Consider running Whir of Invention to get them out when you have the mana. Reshape or, if you're rich, Transmute Artifact are also good. Non-to-battlefield tutors, like Demonic Tutor , Enlightened Tutor or Vampiric Tutor are good, but expensive; like with fetch lands, there're other, more accessible options. Consider Diabolic Tutor , Lim-Dul's Vault , Beseech the Queen and/or Dark Petition , which are all fine tutors in themselves.
If you don't have fundamental issues with counter-magic, you should run some -- it'll protect you and your combo. Gold-standard counters ( Force of Will and Mana Drain ) are expensive AF, but you can consider other perfectly powerful options as well. Counterspell is good, and I've been very impressed with Spell Snare (which counters an overload-ed Cyclonic Rift REALLY nicely). If you've got Ad Nauseam players like me in your play ground, Dispel can be a worthy inclusion; Dovin's Veto is another combo-breaker for high-power tables.
To return to (1-3), you may want Aetherflux Reservoir as another win condition since it combos so nicely with Bolas's Citadel . If you can get a Sensei's Divining Top in the mix, things get nutty pretty quick.
Right. That's all I got. Good luck!
2 weeks ago
Deck variant: reanimator aristocrats
Card in question: Blood Moon
Question: How tf do you run that card outside of cEDH mana bases?
Further explanation: Running few non-basic lands is difficult in four colors. I don't run the usual cEDH mana rocks or fetch lands because my decks are only, at most, what people might call "budget cEDH" (not fully up to the "c" in "cEDH", but definitely based on cEDH counterparts). There exists Chromatic Lantern and Gilded Lotus , but to be perfectly honest, I'm not fond of either. I dislike almost any mana rock with over CMC 2 that only produces one mana per tap, and while Lotus might produce three mana, having a CMC of 5 kills it for me.
Play cheaper (money-wise) mana rocks in place (signets, talismans, etc.).
- One of the more viable circumventions. My only objection lies in how lands are more viable strictly in the sense that there are more ways to blow up a rock than there are for lands. Since green is involved, land ramp tutors are a thing.
"Just play x," where x =/= $100+
- Real wallet murderers, these ones. But also super helpful; might be worth it.
- Creatures are easily killed, and although I already planned on needing these, there's no way they can support the mana base that well.
- Playing extra land is amazing... when there's land to play. I generally dislike playing more than 32-33 land in a deck outside of landfall (max 28- 30 colored land + fetch lands, 1-3 utility lands), so odds are moderate, but not super high. Also, again, creatures are easily killed.
- The only thing on the list that might actually work consistently, is below 3 CMC, and below even $10. Bonus: explicit Enchantment removal is still barely a thing. Let's just hope a boardwipe doesn't occur.
Don't run Blood Moon
- I cooould, but nah. I pulled one in a pack I got myself for an early birthday present. It's up there with wanting an excuse to use the Doubling Season I pulled a few months back (that nobody wants to buy off me), as well as wanting to use the foil Loyal Retainers and prerelease copies of Sun Titan , Teysa Karlov , Vivien's Arkbow , and Sheoldred, Whispering One I have. All of those might not happen, but I can try, right?
So yeah, any and all thoughts welcome.
3 weeks ago
Other - Buried Alive
3 weeks ago
An really nice interaction I use in my The Mimeoplasm deck (Mill-Me-O-Plasm (EDH Reanimator)) is using Champion of Wits , it's a fine play to just play on curve. You basicly just play Careful Study , which is a perfect effect for a deck like this. But it gets really fun when you copy Champion of Wits with The Mimeoplasm and give it 10 +1/+1 counters from example Ghoultree for example. This will draw you a ton of cards!
Hope you like it! Happy Oozing!
Sheoldred, Whispering One occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
BUG (Sultai): 0.75%