Whenever a creature dies (is put into the graveyard from the battlefield), put a charge counter on Black Market.
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, gain to your mana pool for each charge counter on Black Market.
|Have (4)||Forkbeard , metalmagic , Qweksand ,|
|Want (5)||Ceraunograph , Vanael , Brianne , deathdealer1225 , beys2303|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Black Market Discussion
21 hours ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. This is a good budget version of Teysa and you have several nice cards.
Some lower CMC cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Doomed Traveler
- Open the Armory: tutor for Skullclamp.
- Tithe Taker
- Skirsdag High Priest: repeatable 5/5 Demons, morbid can trigger on any player's turn even when an opponent's creature dies.
- Dark Ritual
- Dreadhorde Invasion
Cards to consider cutting for these:
- Martial Coup
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder: his token making ability is better in mono black or Rakdos; it's not needed when playing white.
- Vindictive Vampire: the worst aristocrat here.
- Smothering Abomination: doesn't trigger when a creature dies only when a creature is saced, there's better repeatable draw options/sac outlets here.
- Black Market: Smothering Tithe is better ramp.
- Sifter of Skulls: Pitiless Plunderer and Pawn of Ulamog are better.
- Choose one, cut the other, from Butcher of Malakir or Martyr's Bond.
Good luck with your deck.
2 days ago
I would recommend an aristocratic build. You may choose to go spore counter route, which I'm not a huge fan of, but the following ones pull double duty (and I am a fan of):
On-theme Sac outlets that also make saprolings:
Deathspore Thallid: Great sac outlet and potential removal piece.
Savage Thallid: Another great sac outlet and protection piece.
Vitaspore Thallid: I think giving haste is the weakest effect of the bunch, this is just another budget on-theme sac outlet.
Budget sac payoffs,
Epicure of Blood and Marauding Blight-Priest: Help to increase the payoff of slimefoot and are so cheap they are essentially free (literally, ask anyone at your LGS for these, they have them and don't want them).
Falkenrath Noble: Who doesn't love life loss?
Poison-Tip Archer: Great blocker (reach and deathtouch? No one wants to lose there dragon to this) but this one starts to impact the budget.
Syr Konrad, the Grim: He just does soo much.
Vindictive Vampire: This guy should say life loss.... I mean, it's black and not red.
Zulaport Cutthroat: Classic but approaches a dollar.
Slime Foot god stuff,
Jade Mage: Back up slimefoot that does stuff at a discount.
Massacre Girl: Best board wipe in this build.
Verdant Force: It says EACH upkeep. Yes, each.
Gift of Doom: Cheap protection for slimefoot that has the added benefit of killing a saproling you already want dead.
Moldervine Reclamation: Card draw and life for just playing? Of course.
Snake Umbra: Protection and three cards every time you sac a saproling.
Sprout Swarm: Convoke makes this broken.
Some less budget friendly cards (all under $10, but above $1):
Ohran Frostfang: Turns each saproling into a card draw or a removal spell.
Pitiless Plunderer: Solid ramp.
Priest of Forgotten Gods: Under appreciated. This card does everything a black mage should be doing.
Tendershoot Dryad: Can win you the game on its own.
Black Market: Slime foot loves stupid amounts of mana.
Keen Sense: Insane card draw for 1 green mana.
Casualties of War: Expensive to cast but worth it. Worth it every time.
Best of luck building.
4 days ago
Ramp (12): Burnished Hart, Nirkana Revenant, Pitiless Plunderer, Solemn Simulacrum, Ashnod's Altar, Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Sword of the Animist, Thran Dynamo, Black Market, Revel in Riches, and Cabal Coffers.
Card Advantage (10): Erebos, God of the Dead, Midnight Reaper, Razaketh, the Foulblooded, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Sign in Blood, Geth's Grimoire, Skullclamp, Costly Plunder, and Skeletal Scrying.
Removal (16): Murderous Rider, Plaguecrafter, Shriekmaw, Bone Splinters, Consuming Vapors, Profane Command, Virtus's Maneuver, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Cast Down, Drag to the Underworld, Erebos's Intervention, Gang Up, Hideous End, Tendrils of Corruption, Dictate of Erebos, and Grave Pact.
1 week ago
I have a Gisa & Geralf deck too! Rooftop Experiments (Zombie Tribal).
So you say this decks needs some help. I've looked over it and here are my thoughts:
First off, it looks really good. I love your creature selection. It appears you're going somewhat wide with a "regular" aggro plan, so I'll be basing my suggestions off that. From what I've seen of your other decks you have something of a budget (as do I!) so I'll refrain from just suggesting every big-time upgrade on EDHREC.
One thing is it looks like you only have four or five ramp pieces. Personally I aim for at least eight in all my decks that don't have a ramp strategy, and more for those that do. Perhaps three more? I've found that I really like casting a spell from hand then casting a zombie from the graveyard as much as possible, so you'll be happy with the extra mana. Fellwar Stone is good for the Havengul Lich. Consider Mind Stone, Wayfarer's Bauble, Talisman of Dominance, Star Compass, Sky Diamond, Charcoal Diamond, or perhaps Black Market.
You're also at around five or six card-draw cards. Could be better, but it's not bad--especially since you have so much card advantage coming from the graveyard. Still, hand refills are always nice and it's nice to draw into answers. Windfall is good for graveyard-y decks. Perhaps a big hand-refiller like Mind Spring, Tidings, or Overflowing Insight? You would often have The City's Blessing for Kumena's Awakening if you can't afford a Phyrexian Arena and/or Rhystic Study. Rain of Revelation has a hint of graveyard synergy, and stuff like Reconnaissance Mission and Keep Watch synergize with your go-wide build.
Sidisi, Undead Vizier is premium in Gisa & Geralf decks. Can't recommend her enough. Great way to get Rooftop Storm out!
2 weeks ago
A few suggestions:
- Erebos, God of the Dead for an additional Greed effect, plus life gain denial.
- Marauding Blight-Priest for a cheaper (or additional) Epicure of Blood effect.
- Sensei's Divining Top to complete the combo with Aetherflux Reservoir and Bolas's Citadel.
- Necropotence for insane card advantage.
- Deadly Rollick for handling indestructible creatures.
- Command the Dreadhorde for a cheaper Rise of the Dark Realms effect (plus planeswalkers!), since you can more easily offset the life loss.
- Black Market to capitalize on the creatures dying either to your aristocrat effects or simply the board wipes we experience in our play group.
- Deadly Tempest for a boardwipe whose downside is mitigated by your life gain. Obviously, things like Damnation are better, but it might be worth a slot to punish go-wide strategies.
- Defiant Bloodlord is an option for an additional Sanguine Bond effect, but I don't really recommend this one as the CMC is far too high especially considering you have the effect in the command zone.
- Pontiff of Blight can be wild if you have the mana and creature presence to abuse it.
- Vilis, Broker of Blood can be a back-breaking top end. Trading life for cards at a 1:1 ratio is wild, especially when attached to an 8/8 body with evasion. It also has the bonus ability of being able to get rid of indestructible creatures while garnering you card advantage.
3 weeks ago
Both red and black get their mana ramp from either cards in hand like Dark Ritual or Seething Song. There are many more, I am just giving a for instance. This gives them explosive turns of play in keeping with their thematic styles.
Any other ramp they have is via sacrifice like with a Blood Pet or similar.
Both of these colors excel in cheating things into play without worrying about mana costs. Red uses stuff like Sneak Attack style effects and Black will just spend 1-3 mana to reanimate whatever they want. The play style of these colors don't really rely on ramp to get to their goals.
That might be why their card pools don't have a lot of good stuff for ramping.
1 month ago
You might like these too: Black Market, Zulaport Cutthroat, Syr Konrad, the Grim, Neko-Te, Song of Freyalise, Cryptolith Rite, Seedborn Muse, Skullclamp, Species Specialist, Illusionist's Bracers, Second Harvest, Parallel Evolution, Evolutionary Leap, Dictate of Erebos
1 month ago
You might like these: Dawn of the Dead (free etb + sac to Ayara!), Syr Konrad, the Grim, Black Market, Harvester of Souls, Champion of Stray Souls, Nim Devourer, Desecrated Tomb, Lightning Coils, Aetherworks Marvel, Cauldron of Souls, Carnival of Souls, Carrion, Dread Summons, Ghoulcaller Gisa, Hell's Caretaker, Awaken the Erstwhile