: Gain . Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you.
|Want (5)||TheLoraxAllMighty , Kotaff , Tyrker , Hollowdude711 , Abbner|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ancient Tomb occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Ancient Tomb Discussion
2 hours ago
Without discussing creatures...
Ancient Tomb > Temple of false. Out of budget, not needed, but nice to have
Yavimaya Hollow - See above
Castle Garenbrig - Ramp
Dread Statuary - Manland used for drawspells
Raging Ravine - See above
Reliquary Tower - Utility
Skyshroud Claim - Ramp that provides tempo needed in Xenagos
Harmonize - Draw, not the best, not the worst. I like it personally
Green Sun's Zenith - Since many of your dragons are green, not needed but nice
If you listen to any suggestion of mine, this is it, hands down, most important card in a Xenagos deck.... Greater Good - It provides you with draw and a reward for when your big creatures inevitably get removed
Rancor - Nice but not needed, think with Selvala to add lots of mana, with a dork to get 6 power trample. Can even give to an opponent's creature for politics.
Beast Within - Removal
Berserk - Finisher with a huge beater, nice to use on opponent's creature/commanders as well. Never underestimate instant speed interaction (see above)
Deflecting Swat - Counter counterspells, redirect targetted removal, draw, extra turns, etc.... for free. Not needed but VERY nice to have. Bluffing interaction while tapped out!
Momentous Fall - Might not be the best, but has saved my ass countless times. You need a way to maintain card draw in Xenagos
Return of the Wildspeaker - See above
The Great Henge - Draw, ramp, lifegain for cheap
6 days ago
Adding on to what Doombeard1984 said, you can hyperlink a username the same way. [ [ username ] ]. Without the spaces. There’s a thing that says “comment tutorial” below the box you type a comment in that’ll give you even more tips.
Crop Rotation is good if you have multiple tutor targets, such as Ancient Tomb, Gaea's Cradle, Cavern of Souls and whatnot. Otherwise, I wouldn’t run it. I love Distant Melody. It’s great, but not as good as consistent card draw like Phyrexian Arena. Still great since the thing you need with The First Sliver is more slivers to cascade with.
1 week ago
Deserted Temple - Untap coffers
Thespian's Stage - Copy coffers or opposing utility land
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth - Upgrade
Dark Deal - Synergy
Ancient Tomb - Ramp
Blast Zone - Deal with artifacts/enchantments
1 week ago
- Cyclonic Rift gets used way too much in my play group so I opt to not include it in any of my decks and I don't think its even necessary seeing as I have tools to make it unblockable.
- The point of Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir and my other flash cards are to ensure I can get a free morph out on each of my opponents turns using Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer, so I want to ensure that the flash is recurrable. Considering that, Emergence Zone is not something I would want. I don't have any big one-turn flash plays that can win me the game so it wouldn't be good for that either
- Ezuri, Claw of Progress is one of my infinite combo pieces so I absolutely am not getting rid of it
- This is also a control combo deck so I'm not interested in using Forsaken Monument and Beastmaster Ascension to make my morph creatures big. Swinging with a lot of big creatures isn't my goal and I don't want it to become that
- I don't think I need signets, I prefer mana fixing through lands rather than artifacts and I'm not in a rush to get my commander out on t2 (it's not the level the deck is intended to be playing at).
- I intend to replace Temple of Mystery with Rejuvenating Springs at some points
- Ancient Tomb is currently $40 and I don't want to spend that much on one single land
Thanks for the recommendations though! All the other ones you gave were pretty good, I'll consider adding them for sure
1 week ago
Land hate is great when going true prison, but it's actually working against me and my general playstyle. Next planned changes:
- Remove all fetchland and replace with Snow-Covered Plains (five out, five in)
- Remove Strip Mine and Wasteland for an Ancient Den and a Snow-Covered Plains
- Remove Armageddon and replace with Akroma's Will
- Remove Crucible of Worlds and replace with a Snow-Covered Plains
- Remove Archon of Coronation (fun, but too expensive) and replace with a Snow-Covered Plains
- Remove Ancient Tomb and replace with Darksteel Citadel
All totaled - netting two lands positive, removing land destruction spells, lowering the curve, and reducing the self-inflicted life loss. Replacing fetches and the removal lands also helps with Land Tax-type effects. Adding the Ancient Den and Darksteel Citadel to keep and bolster the Inventors' Fair without changing much else.
2 weeks ago
Managed to get a couple games in. The Lands stuff worked out nicely (Tabernacle is good in EDH it turns out). I was able to do Strip Mine loops in both games and ride that to victory one way or another.
Enchantress I'm still waiting to see. For now I'm adding a couple things that I felt I wanted and cutting cards that seem slow. After the first few games against more competitive EDH people it turned out that you can't really just spend 7 mana to not effect the board, so Zendikar Resurgent got cut.
2 weeks ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions you might just like!
- Fauna Shaman: It's a shaman, it's a great tutor, and it's cheap in mana. Seems like it would fit in great!
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: Fits in great with any mono-colored deck!
- Strip Mine: Great in any deck, especially in mono-colored ones where you almost always have the colors you need available anyway
- Ancient Tomb: Could easily be that two mana in your commander's mana cost, and is great EDH staple.
- Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Kenrith's Transformation: A great form of creature hate in mono-green. This can be horrible on someone's commander especially if they have no means of removing it. The same goes for a combo piece or just any great creature.
- Heroic Intervention: A great way of protecting your pieces, since it would seriously suck if all the shamans got wiped out
- Collective Unconscious: Another form of shamanic revelation, both of which are reasons to include Reliquary Tower
- Triumph of the Hordes: Could be an entire other wincon if you have a bunch of shamans out
- Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl: Great ways to ramp in small amounts before you put your commander out
- Sol Ring: It's not a shaman, but still one of the most powerful cards in edh. Definitely add it.
- Three Visits/Nature's Lore: Just like the previous two, these are great ways to ramp before you put out shamans, speeding up your game by a ton
- Jeweled Lotus: I hate that they made this card, but it could basically let you play your commander turn 1. Definitely add it if you have the budget.
- Extraplanar Lens: Kill a forest, and double THEM ALL. You have a lot of basic forests, and I think this card could work very well for you because of that.
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World: This one is much more debatable, but the regular ability is great for ramping and the final ability is just wonderful for you because of all of the forests you have.
- Helix Pinnacle: You have so much ramp and Nissa as previously mentioned would be insane. This guy could be a great win con and act as something to pool all your mana into.
- Nyxbloom Ancient: All your shamans tap for 6?!?!?! Seems great- especially since you can ramp to put it out and fit with the decks theme.
- Caged Sun: Great in a mono-colored deck, buffs all the shamans, and gives you more mana. Could be a great option if you like these sort of doubling and tripling cards.
- Wolf-Skull Shaman: You run a LOT of shamans, and this guy lets you take that fact and benefit it, giving you a ton of tokens over time.
- Birds of Paradise: A great way of building the ramp base from early on, and works as a great blocker if you need to block something big over time since it has flying.
- Burgeoning/Exploration: If you keep the amount of lands you have at the moment, using these guys could make you go crazy and have a bunch of lands. In a four player game, Burgeoning could give you 5 mana turn 2.
- Arcane Signet: Another great way of supporting the mana base early on
I'm afraid that's all I have, just keep in mind, I recommended a lot of stuff that helps you PRE shaman ramp, and if you include too much of that you start drifting away from the shaman theme- don't do that. However just including a few of the better ones might help a ton. And so, good luck on your deck my friend it seems super cool, consider checking out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. Happy tapping!