Butcher of Malakir
Creature — Vampire Warrior
Whenever this or another creature you control dies (is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, tokens are put into the graveyard before they cease to exist), each opponent sacrifices a creature.
|Have (6)||CatLord9001 , uhore , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , CompleteWaste , Mythbuster_42 , 31770|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Butcher of Malakir Discussion
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
i would suggest adding more tutors. also get rid of your bad zombies as this is an infinite combo deck and not a zombie tribal deck. zombies is more the subtheme. if you want to go into the zombie tribal deck consider adding more lords like Death Baron and Lord of the Accursed. other than that I would add some more staples in black aristocrats like Blood Artist, Zulaport Cutthroat, Viscera Seer, Bolas's Citadel, and Dictate of Erebos or Grave Pact. Also just good black cards are Diabolic Intent, Necropotence, Carrion Feeder, Deadly Rollick, Grim Haruspex, Grim Tutor, Bastion of Remembrance, Butcher of Malakir, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Yawgmoth, Thran Physician, Imperial Seal, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, and Decree of Pain. also Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Triskelion is a good combo. looks like a good idea but i would get rid of all those 1-2 mana zombies that have no effect of the game. enjoy the deck!
1 month ago
oh also Syr Konrad, the Grim, Black Market, Mortician Beetle, Liliana's Caress, Megrim, Sangromancer, Tourach, Dread Cantor, Fell Specter, Geth's Grimoire, Butcher of Malakir, plus any cards with annihilator
1 month ago
Hey, nice casual budget version, but are undying creatures other than Mikaeus and Flayer really worth it?
Consider more enablers to get +1/+1 counters on your creatures?
If you're going for an attacking strategy then consider a few more fliers that have some added value when they die or when they ETB?
You have several high CMC creatures here, more reanimation and enablers could help.
Olivia, Mobilized for War is a +1/+1 counter enabler and an enabler for reanimation.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Essence Backlash
- Kumena's Awakening
- Abnormal Endurance
- Pharika's Libation
- Butcher Ghoul
- Invisible Stalker
- Taurean Mauler
- Demonlord of Ashmouth
- Hound of Griselbrand
- Mer-Ek Nightblade
- Falkenrath Marauders
- Silumgar, the Drifting Death
- Blood Tyrant
- Sphinx of Magosi
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Also Night Dealings , Vampiric Rites , Butcher of Malakir (though expensive), Ob Nixilis, Unshackled , Smothering Abomination , Viscera Seer , Altar's Reap , and Deathreap Ritual (with a splash of green).
4 months ago
Glad to hear it! Yeah sheesh I didn't even realize it was that much I remember it being like fifteen bucks a little while back, that's kind of insane- but hmm. Oh holy crap the synergy with Teysa Karlov and Felisa is kind of crazy, just noticed that too. But here are some ones I would recommend cutting, though if they are fun/interesting to you or serve a purpose I missed, I could obviously be wrong:
- Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts (insanely high CMC, and it doesn't seem to actively participate in the counters theme, just creates tokens, and I think Felisa does that quite well already.)
- Eventually with the budget swap out Keen Duelist for Dark Confidant ?
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury (not really sure what his purpose is related to the them)
- Possibly Deathbringer Liege (a little expensive in mana and not directly related to the theme while good)
- Ashen Rider (insanely expensive in mana, and not directly related to the theme)
- Butcher of Malakir (great but very expensive in mana and I feel like it could be cut to lower the mana cost)
- Maybe swap out 1-2 lands for things like Dark Ritual , Orzhov Signet
- Black Sun's Zenith (awsome but if you have a mass of tokens it'll kill them as long as they have 1 toughness)
- Also consider tribal for the tokens like a Coat of Arms would be insane with 7+ tokens, especially since they all have lifelink gosh)
- Infernal Offering (graveyard recursion is great but this could be pretty bad for you if opponents have powerful graveyards. Consider Beacon of Unrest / Command the Dreadhorde / Yawgmoth's Vile Offering .
Those are just some I see off the top of my head, if you look a little deep and really question how many times you play a card and utilize it, you might find some more! Sometimes its hard to cut a card you enjoy playing even if its fun so I'd recommend having a list of cards you can add for fun, and a list for effectiveness so you can play both sides! Hope this helps, I'm glad some suggestions are useful to you, and I'll let you know if I see any more possible cuts! Feel free to ask for any more assistance or if you have any questions I'd be glad to help.
5 months ago
Pikobyte From the few games ive played so far, deck seems pretty control-y, with Butcher of Malakir and Dictate of Erebos out, can pretty much boardwipe as long as i have some tokens or something. Having Spore Frog and Siren Stormtamer out can stop most things from what ive seen.
As for budget, I might not be able to afford some of the more really expensive cards but i have a bit of pocket change. On my list to add i have Caustic Caterpillar , Buried Alive and i thinking of adding Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools as well. any other suggestions?