Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
You have no maximum hand size.
: Add .
4 weeks ago
I agree with lhetrick13, that you could likely focus the majority of your cuts in your creature section. I think another area of focus for potential cuts would lower impact reanimation effects, mostly because this deck wants to make lots of rat tokens. Since you will be making lots of disposable bodies, you don't really need to invest much in single-target reanimation effects.
Suggestions for potential cuts:
Gnat Miser - Reducing opponents' hand size by 1 isn't super impactful in the grand scheme of a game, especially with how commonly (over)played Reliquary Tower & Thought Vessel can be, depending on metas.
Burnished Hart - Yes, it can self sac to grab you 2 basics, but that costs 6 mana total to cast & activate. Could maybe even be replaced with another 2 mana rock like Mind Stone, or maybe even Cursed Mirror, which can copy one of your rats for additional utility.
Murderous Rider - Doesn't really fit the theme of the deck beyond being a removal spell. Could likely be replaced with another instant like Infernal Grasp or Baleful Mastery if you needed the additional removal.
Unearth - Single target reanimation. Doesn't seem like it will do too much, especially since you want to mostly sac rat tokens, and already have a fairly high creature count.
Phyrexian Reclamation - Similar line of reasoning as Unearth. It feels like you have more than enough creatures to keep casting, so trying to reanimate doesn't make as much sense here.
Those are the most obvious cuts I can suggest at the moment. I think it would be helpful if you take some time to tag the cards in your deck, and what roles they play. Tagging helps me better visualize my categories and helps me decide on cuts and swaps.
If you want to aggro swarm your opponents with Rats, I'd suggest considering Rising of the Day as a haste anthem so your swarms can, well, swarm ASAP. I'd also recommend checking out Cover of Darkness to give all of your little Rats some Evasion, otherwise they will get chump-blocked to death. Ogre Battledriver might also be worth a look, especially since it can buff up your 1/1 rats, and give them haste. Ogre Battledriver has made itself at home in a couple of my aggro token decks for that reason.
My final suggestion is to hone in on if you want this to be an Aggro deck first, with the option to combo out, or if you want this to primarily be a combo deck with Aggro as a "Plan B" to fall back on. Determining that primary focus for yourself will also help guide some of the cuts you make.
Best of luck!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Being able to run Emeria, the Sky Ruin is one of the few perks of mono-white, you should try to increase the number of plains you have to be able to consistently get emeria active. you can prolly just replace these with basics
- Terrain Generator - you dont really have the card draw to support this
- Command Tower - effectively just a plains that doesnt count towards emeria, replace with basic
- Kabira Crossroads - slow tapland that isnt worth its effect, replace with basic
- Karoo - This land sucks, replace with a basic
- New Benalia - a one off scry trigger is iffy for the slow land, rely more on repeatable effects like Path of Ancestry
- Reliquary Tower - I'm not sure mono white has the card draw to justify this slot
- Roadside Reliquary - colorless sac land for a one off draw can really fuck you over early in the game
1 month ago
Thank you for your comment and suggestions mtgplayer903, I've got an explanation for a few of my choices here:
- Birds of Paradise over Ornithopter of Paradise is purely a preference of mine. I adore BoP and it finds its way into all multi-colour decks that I make. OoP is a great choice too and budget friendly, but I went with the birds this time round.
- Eternal Witness is just a much better card than Skullwinder if I don't have to give my opponent the recursion but can get it myself with E-Wit then it's a no brainer for me personally.
- Riftsweeper is in the deck to retrieve Maze's End for me. I have had people blow up Maze's End a few times on me and then Bojuka Bog my graveyard, so I needed a way to make sure I could get it back from exile. Admittedly, Rift does need some support from tutors to make it properly effective at this.
- Nature's Claim vs Assassin's Trophy is a great suggestion. I'm not sure I have an A'sT to hand, but I will check and update that.
- Vindicate is in over Beast Within because I already run Generous Gift and I find that I don't really like giving my opponents a 3/3 beater to come back at me with. The sorc speed hasn't really bothered me yet, but maybe BW will come back eventually after more playtesting.
- Explore is dirt cheap and Exploration is a little pricey. I know it just got a reprint and I am hoping to get one soon, once I do it will be back in the list. I do use Exploration on MTGO though.
- Tolaria West is a great tutor for Maze's End, Maze of Ith and Reliquary Tower depending on what I need from it. I find that a card like Ash Barrens is nice, but I don't think it's quite right for my list as it stands.
- Gatecreeper Vine is out of the list now and Open the Gates is just a neat lil gate tutor so it'll stay in as the Gates theme is key to what I like about this deck.
1 month ago
Great build! Dinosaurs are such a fun experience for newcomers.
Some points you might want to consider regarding your ramp package:
1: Ramping with creatures or artifacts is riskier than with lands (boardwipes usually leave lands alone). Also, has many mana doublers that benefit from land ramp:
- Thran Dynamo -> Mirari's Wake (also pump your creatures)
- Gilded Lotus -> Mana Reflection (it makes Castle Garenbrig generate 12x)
3: Then you might want to increase your land count. 33 is too few for Temple of the False God to realiably function.
I recommend swapping out your mana dorks for lands that ramp you (you can never have too much mana with kill-on-sight Gishath, Sun's Avatar):
- Kinjalli's Caller -> Myriad Landscape
- Drover of the Mighty -> Krosan Verge
- Atzocan Seer -> Blighted Woodland
4: Some card draw:
- Commander's Sphere -> Fellwar Stone
- Knight of the Stampede -> Return of the Wildspeaker
- Huatli, Warrior Poet -> Garruk, Primal Hunter
- Atla Palani, Nest Tender (only good when the deck revolves around her) -> Rishkar's Expertise
5: Better combat tricks
6: Broader utility
I'd suggest removing Reliquary Tower. If you have more than seven cards in hand as Gishath, you're already winning hard. In its place, consider one or more of the following:
3 months ago
Some cool lands to maybe think about for future upgrades:
4 months ago
No prob. I have a Boros equipment list with the commander as Akiri, Fearless Voyager and Wyleth in the 99.
I understand why you are running Diviner's Wand but I kind of hate it because 0% of you creatures fit the tribe.
5 months ago
So I just made a Jhoira, Weatherlight Legends deck, focussing on Legends (of course) with a card draw theme.
So how come there is no Card Draw tag yet?
|Have (6)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , JordanSanFran , metalmagic , TheRealSpecialK , Synnless|
|Want (36)||ZBrannigan , zachi , Tigrito , GenericAperson , Goji , Mr-E , ArtistaFeo , jw560211_magic , SolarEclipse77 , arnold335 , twt , Milkchugger448 , Ilumanatee360 , ZAC727 , AjaxSlumbering , Bonwa , Mikarynu , Amaterasu312 , Kripkenstein , Atzaru , manphist449 , TheVirtualNomad , Divine-Asura , pnkghst9 , Chungledown , freshie9000 , JacqTonight , DRock , Anabasis , GrandeKhan , Zelpoke , bladeoathkeeper , beesaurs , Fegolodon , atumatik , madmax32|