You have no maximum hand size.
: Gain .
|Have (2)||, metalmagic|
|Want (11)||Chaosfalcon , ThrelNari , CatLord9001 , AvarkusMagic , Kotaff , Lovet0209 , Deviconus , GekkostatesOfAmerica , Tempest125 , SqrdSqr , _signal_|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Reliquary Tower occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Reliquary Tower Discussion
1 week ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions you might just like!
- Fauna Shaman: It's a shaman, it's a great tutor, and it's cheap in mana. Seems like it would fit in great!
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: Fits in great with any mono-colored deck!
- Strip Mine: Great in any deck, especially in mono-colored ones where you almost always have the colors you need available anyway
- Ancient Tomb: Could easily be that two mana in your commander's mana cost, and is great EDH staple.
- Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Kenrith's Transformation: A great form of creature hate in mono-green. This can be horrible on someone's commander especially if they have no means of removing it. The same goes for a combo piece or just any great creature.
- Heroic Intervention: A great way of protecting your pieces, since it would seriously suck if all the shamans got wiped out
- Collective Unconscious: Another form of shamanic revelation, both of which are reasons to include Reliquary Tower
- Triumph of the Hordes: Could be an entire other wincon if you have a bunch of shamans out
- Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl: Great ways to ramp in small amounts before you put your commander out
- Sol Ring: It's not a shaman, but still one of the most powerful cards in edh. Definitely add it.
- Three Visits/Nature's Lore: Just like the previous two, these are great ways to ramp before you put out shamans, speeding up your game by a ton
- Jeweled Lotus: I hate that they made this card, but it could basically let you play your commander turn 1. Definitely add it if you have the budget.
- Extraplanar Lens: Kill a forest, and double THEM ALL. You have a lot of basic forests, and I think this card could work very well for you because of that.
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World: This one is much more debatable, but the regular ability is great for ramping and the final ability is just wonderful for you because of all of the forests you have.
- Helix Pinnacle: You have so much ramp and Nissa as previously mentioned would be insane. This guy could be a great win con and act as something to pool all your mana into.
- Nyxbloom Ancient: All your shamans tap for 6?!?!?! Seems great- especially since you can ramp to put it out and fit with the decks theme.
- Caged Sun: Great in a mono-colored deck, buffs all the shamans, and gives you more mana. Could be a great option if you like these sort of doubling and tripling cards.
- Wolf-Skull Shaman: You run a LOT of shamans, and this guy lets you take that fact and benefit it, giving you a ton of tokens over time.
- Birds of Paradise: A great way of building the ramp base from early on, and works as a great blocker if you need to block something big over time since it has flying.
- Burgeoning/Exploration: If you keep the amount of lands you have at the moment, using these guys could make you go crazy and have a bunch of lands. In a four player game, Burgeoning could give you 5 mana turn 2.
- Arcane Signet: Another great way of supporting the mana base early on
I'm afraid that's all I have, just keep in mind, I recommended a lot of stuff that helps you PRE shaman ramp, and if you include too much of that you start drifting away from the shaman theme- don't do that. However just including a few of the better ones might help a ton. And so, good luck on your deck my friend it seems super cool, consider checking out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. Happy tapping!
1 month ago
I have replaced Arcane Encyclopedia with Thought Vessel, which lowered this deck's average converted mana cost from 4.48 to 4.47, because, as great as the encyclopedia is, with this deck's high mana curve, it is more important to have both redundancy with Reliquary Tower and additional sources of mana.
1 month ago
1 month ago
jakeyuki12, good points on the lands.
Reliquary Tower would be a good one to go into this deck for one of the other colorless tappers, due to all the card draw. You'll also want more basics to make use of Sword of the Animist, and I don't think you run enough currently to make decent use of that or Isolated Watchtower. Cryptic Caves is ok, but Bonders' Enclave might be better for card draw, if that's what you are wanting. Westvale Abbey Flip seems very out of place here.
1 month ago
Meh cards: Retreat to Coralhelm
Cards to consider adding: Aven Mindcensor, Jace's Erasure, Propaganda , Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse, Solemn Simulacrum, Frantic Search, Ponder, The Magic Mirror, Psychic Corrosion, Jace Beleren, Reliquary Tower
Remember than milling people out is likely how you will win.
Definitely make sure to add more than just basic lands, otherwise, it'll be hard to cast things. Go to https://www.managathering.com/duallands/Azorius.html for other of the choices. Clicking the lands will take you to the TCG player page for the land
1 month ago
Optimator: Hello there! Always gotta love Vilis decks, especially as detailed as this one :D A lot of cards in Maybeboard would fit the deck really well (I just have no idea why you got some cards two or three times there), but I would try to minimalize the maybeboard as much as possible, to not look the deck so chaotic.
I run Vilis in my Syr Konrad's For the Void deck.. he doesnt really fit the theme/idea of the deck so well, but Vilis is just too badass to cut out :D (anyway, any feedback/suggestions would be welcomed aswell <3 )
Some cards in deck I would cut, why, and their replacement:
1) Falkenrath Noble - might be a nice card in an aristocrat deck, there isnt really any way to generate->sac big amount of your creatures to abuse Falkenrath Noble as much as possible, also costs . If you want an aristocrat, Bastion of Remembrance could be a possible option aswell. Its cheaper, gives you a 1/1 token and has the same effect as F.Noble. Sure, can't attack or block, but Bastion is also harder to remove since its an Enchantment.
2) Leaden Myr - as you already mentioned, a possible cut for some other mana-rock.. I would switch it for Malakir Rebirth Flip as an another kind of "protection" to either Vilis or another important creature at the moment. With Vilis on board, it even draws you two cards (destroy protection, draw two cards, triggering aristocrat-like effects at instant speed for only ? YES PLEASE! ). In worse case scenario, its also additional land drop. Another possible replacement could be Blood Celebrant, which synergies well with both Vilis and K'riik.
3) Liliana's Contract - would probably fit better in some Demon tribal deck or Conspiracy deck. You also have only six Demons in your deck, all of them with fairly high mana cost. As a better card-draw, I would add either Greed, since it draws you 3 cards with Vilis on board, maybe even Skullclamp that would draw you two cards every turn with Ophiomancer, but Greed would be most likey better option, since there isnt really any other way to generate a lot of tokens every turn.
4) Crux of Fate - no Dragons in your deck, not even so many of them in black in general, so outside of politic reason, other 5CMC or less boardwipes would be better. I personally love Life's Finale, its more expensive than Crux of Fate, but enables you to look and search in target opponent's deck and put up to 3 creatures from their deck into theri graveyard, which would synergize with Chainer, Dementia Master, Geth, Lord of the Vault and some other.
5) Ruinous Path - sorcery speed removal is kinda meh, so something like Hero's Downfall is just better. I personally like Eat to Extinction, even if its more expensive, it helps with top-deck managment (+exiles targeted creature/pw).
6) Cut few swamps for:
6a) Cabal Stronghold - Stronghold is cheap, can tap itself for and can give you plenty of later on.
6b) Emergence Zone - I personally love this utility land, just because it gives you spells Flash whenever you sac it. It doesnt ETB tapped and can help you casting some stuff when you sac it.
7) Chaos Wand - might be a fun card, but doesnt really fit the deck at all. I would cut it for Bontu's Monument to make a lot of your big black stuff cheaper and another small source of life-gain.
8) Big mana-rocks: Gilded Lotus and Thran Dynamo - I used to run those too, but slowly started replacing them with cheaper mana rocks like Thought Vessel and Arcane Signet. Hedron Archive is okay-ish since it can draw you two cards when you no longer need it, but with Vilis and especially mono-black, there can always be enough card draw.
9) Spellbook - would be fine, if you didnt manage to get your Reliquary Tower or Venser's Journal on board, but otherwise its just a dead card that does nothing to you anymore. I would rather replace it with Ivory Tower to get some life back.
10) Curtains' Call - I would replace this one for one of the following:
10a) Devour in Shadow/Vendetta - cheap removal that can potentionaly draws you X cards aswell.
10b) Dismember - depending on how big the creature is, but since you could cast it for only one and draw 4 cards aswell, its decent choice aswell.
10c) Snuff Out - free removal in 99.999% time, which can draws you 4 cards aswell, but not for black creatures, which, depending on your opponent's deck, might be important. Still most likely a better option.
10d) Tragic Slip - goes through indestructible, but requires a creature to die to be maximum effective, which might be sometimes a problem. Still, really good one.
10e) Malicious Affliction - another cheap removal, which is also locked to non-black creatures, but is able to destroy two creatures if a creature died already, so similar issue like Tragic Slip.
10f) Profane Command - I just totally love this card. Its not instant, but can be really flexible in various situations, so I would probably go for this as a replacement.
10g) Erebos's Intervention - similar to Profane Command, it flexile aswell, providing you to remove some indestructible creature and get some life; or serves as a fairly decent graveyard hate at instant speed.
I won't go through cards in maybeboard, even though there is plenty of really nice cards that would work so well in Vilis's deck, like Bolas's Citadel, Doom Whisperer, Font of Agonies and Phyrexian Reclamation and many more, it would just be a little too much, I would say... :D
I hope some of my suggestions will help, gonna upvote this for sure, just because it looks really nice, especially with so many possible cards that could easily fit so well :)
2 months ago
Second, I would pick a different commander. You actually already have quite a few better commanders in the main deck, so (assuming you are playing in paper) that makes things convenient. The two best options are Rielle, the Everwise and Niv-Mizzet, Parun.
Lastly, in Commander, often times, you want your deck to synergize with your commander and focus on that. So, even though the creatures in your deck may be alright as stand alones, you'd be better off replacing them with more cards like Windfall (that do mass discarding of your hand) if you plan on playing Rielle, the Everwise or more cards like Sigil of Sleep and Curiosity (cards that reward you for doing damage) if you plan on playing Niv-Mizzet, Parun.
(Also, I'd generally try to get rid of the cards that "tap target creature, it doesn't untap during their next untap phase" cards. In 4 player games, it's not only not effective, but makes that person want to attack you. I'd recommend more counterspells, draw, and Lightning Bolts instead.)
2 months ago
Kresh can be built with much more synergy in mind if you like. Take a look at cards like Rollick of Abandon, Chandra's Ignition, Spitebellows, Fleshbag Marauder or Temur Battle Rage to make him more powerful. I'd probably run cards like Lightning Greaves to protect him, and Garruk's Uprising or Rancor to provide trample.
I don't like playing color-intensive cards like Necropotence, Pestilence, Pyrohemia and War Elemental with the amount of mana fixing you have, and Nissa's Pilgrimage or Scorched Ruins don't help you with red or black mana at all. This deck could use a Chromatic Lantern though.
Since you're hardly drawing lots of cards, Reliquary Tower does way more harm to your mana than it's worth. I'd definitely replace that. Maybe colored utility lands like Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep or Castle Garenbrig could fill that spot.
Finally, your deck might even be better off with a different commander altogether. Prossh, Skyraider of Kher or Korvold, Fae-Cursed King maybe?