: Gain one mana of any colour in your commander's colour identity.
|Want (16)||DJGam-G , Chaosfalcon , plibt , ThrelNari , DoucheFX , spacejamz , stevenlockheed , KnutW , Deviconus , ekulnagrom , IconPrince , PhynX , Fr33dogme , Hollowdude711 , Eruyaean , Tishana|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Command Tower occurrence in decks from the last year
Command Tower Discussion
1 week ago
I'm just gonna say it... Command Tower????? Forest is strictly better. Likewise, Three Visits is also strictly better than Rampant Growth. Personally, I like Mindless Automaton better than Harmonize here. It'll almost certainly net more cards overall for the same 4 mana.
Definitely think Gyre Sage should be here. could probably drop Sakura-Tribe Elder for it.
And Caged Sun and Vernal Bloom are always options.
1 week ago
White is my favorite color in this game, so I naturally would be very interested in a set such as this one.
Since Worldly Tutor was reprinted in Commander Collection: Green, I believe that it is safe to presume that Enlightened Tutor shall be in the white set. I, myself, would very much like to see Righteous Aura reprinted, because, while it is not terribly expensive, it definitely needs to be reprinted in the new border style. I definitely think that either Path to Exile or Swords to Plowshares will be in this set, due to their iconic status, and it would also be nice to have either a mass destruction, such as Planar Cleansing or mass revival spell, such as Second Sunrise.
Unfortunately, it is likely that both Command Tower and Sol Ring shall be in this set, since WotC will likely welcome the opportunity to give them new artwork, but I agree with plakjekaas that Arcane Signet needs to be reprinted, again, to keeps its supply high and price low. While discussing artifacts, Akroma's Memorial, Vedalken Orrery, and Book of Rass all very much needs reprints, as well, in my opinion.
2 weeks ago
At Nava's request i'm posting suggested changes, additions, cuts, and my thoughts on them. She requested that I not stick to only budget, but keep the max single card value under $30 (I kept it under $20 for the most part and largely even lower than that). As such, here are my thoughts and recommendations.
Courser of Kruphix- Ramp, pulls cards off the top of your deck so you are more likely to draw useful cards and just directly drop your lands onto the battlefield
Living Lightning- a useful elemental that allows you to recast your instants/sorceries
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar- A very powerful card that also allows you to bounce your lands so you can replay them for more effects
Nyxbloom Ancient- Triple mana on an elemental.
Overgrowth Elemental- A useful elemental that pumps your creatures and gains you life.
Ramunap Excavator- Replay your sacrificed and destroyed lands. Fantastic in a lands deck. Omnath feeds on lands, and the more you drop the more cards you can draw and counters you can give out.
Roil Elemental- A fantastic landfall ability that allows you to grab key pieces from your opponents and use them against each other
Seedborn Muse take full advantage of your lands and abilities without worrying about being tapped out
Titania, Protector of Argoth- land recursion, elemental generation.
World Shaper- land recursion
Birds of Paradise- One of the best dorks in the game
Sylvan Caryatid- Fantastic dork
Brighthearth Banneret- You are a lands deck. You have more than enough mana and this simply doesn't do enough for you.
Chandra's Embercat- This will be a recurring comment from me. You are a lands deck with plenty of ways to ramp. This is a very limited card that costs too much and doesn't do enough for you. You are a lands deck. Increase the number of ways you can pull lands out of your deck to further your decks goals and increase the chances of drawing a non-land card that will help you more.
Embodiment of Insight- Too expensive for the effect. Also, personally I don't like turning lands into creatures as it makes them incredibly vulnerable without giving enough benefit.
Embodiment of Spring- Too expensive and not nearly good enough.
Generator Servant- The haste isn't important enough for your creatures as you very rarely have anything massive enough or has a useful enough tap effect that is being cast from your hand to require it. Furthermore, you are a lands deck with plenty of ways to ramp. This is a very limited card that costs too much and doesn't do enough for you. You are a lands deck. Increase the number of ways you can pull lands out of your deck to further your decks goals and increase the chances of drawing a non-land card that will help you more.
Grove Rumbler- This card is terrible. Four for a 3/3 trample that has an effect that will pump it slightly for one turn. This is awful. It feels like this card was only put in due to it being an elemental.
Lavakin Brawler- Rarely do you ever have enough elementals out for this to be worthwhile. Not that it's terrible, but there are so many better cards that can be put in its place.
Parcelbeast- Doesn't get enough value to justify the slot
Smokebraider- You are a lands deck with plenty of ways to ramp. This is a very limited card that costs too much and doesn't do enough for you. You are a lands deck. Increase the number of ways you can pull lands out of your deck to further your decks goals and increase the chances of drawing a non-land card that will help you more.
Tireless Tracker- This has nothing to do with your deck and you're better off finding other draw engines
Surrak Dragonclaw- No synergy with the deck and not nearly good enough to justify the high mana cost.
Field of the Dead
Bring your land count to 38 or so
Coral Atoll- This is terrible. I know you're going for the bounce effect, but this is far worse for several reasons. Firstly, it only gives you blue mana as opposed to multicolored. Secondly, it requires specifically an island to be returned as opposed to any land that you can then take advantage of. And thirdly, it requires the land to be untapped which means that not only does it come in tapped, but it requires an untapped island which means you can't even use that land and then return it for value. This is awful. I don't love the bounce lands either, but I understand what you're going for and their value. This has neither.
Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine, Wandering Fumarole- These man lands are in here entirely because they can become elementals, but really aren't worth running. They are come in tapped, cannot be fetched, and cost 4 mana to turn into a creature, largely negating any benefit. They're really bad and I highly recommend cutting them for more basics.
Unclaimed Territory- Not really worth the value. It's colorless more often than not and another basic land will give you more value than that more often.
Mana Vault- Nava already owns a copy of this in her Nekusar deck, so it can be added here without issue.
Strionic Resonator- Copy all of your ETB triggers, as well as any other triggered abilities. Fantastic
Chaos Warp- Removal on your own pieces or an opponents. Bypasses indestructible and often is allowed through without being counterspelled due to the fact that it's usually replacing a piece that people agree is a fair target rather than outright destroying or removing without replacing. A fantastic card overall
Constant Mists- Great protection when you need it, plus it can be bought back if needed. Lands can be recovered through multiple means.
Disallow- A must have for counterspells. It covers all possible basis and is fantastic.
Heroic Intervention- Hexproof and indestructible at instant speed for 2. Amazing.
Krosan Grip- Split second artifact/enchantment destruction. Among the best removal for them there is.
Force of Vigor- Free artifact/enchantment removal with multiple targets.
Swan Song- 1 drop counterspell that hits everything but creatures. A great counterspell to have on hand.
Counterspell- There are better cards to replace this with that are still very cheap/budget and are overall better
Growth Spiral- A decent card but we can do better given the range of cards available in commander
Inspiring Call- See Growth Spiral
Return to Nature- There are so many better versions of this for an equal if not lesser cost. Or, for one more there are better cards which I will be recommending.
Struggle / Survive- Too limited, not enough value, not powerful enough.
Tale's End- This is just a bad version of disallow that very rarely gets any value.
Withstand Death- This is a bad version of other similar cards.
Wrap in Vigor- Very rarely do mass destruction effects happen, and when they do the usually say "cannot be regenerated". This seems really good but i've never really seen it get any value and will typically be a dead card most of the time.
Genesis Wave- Drop all the permanents (lands included) that you can afford.
Life from the Loam- pull lands from your graveyard and keep your engine going without running out. Omnath feeds on lands, and the more you drop the more cards you can draw and counters you can give out.
Nature's Lore, Three Visits- Pull forests (basic and non-basic that are forests) from your deck. Very helpful at any time.
Scapeshift- Grab all the lands you want, plus trigger your landfall and other such triggers
Splendid Reclamation- Pull all the lands from your graveyard. Nuff said.
Tempt with Discovery- If one person takes it then it's a better Explosive Vegetation. If more then it's an amazing card, but even if no one else does you get to pick your land and in a lands deck you will get more value.
Windfall- Refills your hand, interferes with opponent's plans, dumps lands in graveyard for later use.
Ground Assault- very limited and not worth running. There are better cards with similar if not stronger effects available to you
Hull Breach- There are better cards with similar if not stronger effects available to you
Quasiduplicate- no real apparent benefit to this over other cards that can more directly further your end goal.
Sylvan Awakening- I don't recommend turning your lands into creatures, especially enmass. It's just asking for all your lands to be mass removed. Very dangerous and will rarely get the payoff you need. Limited and will be a dead card in hand except in very specific scenarios.
Burgeoning- land Acceleration
Trade Routes- Bounce lands for more triggers and value, and in a pinch you can pitch them for more cards. Mana swamped becomes a thing of the past.
Exploration- Land acceleration
Domri, Anarch of Bolas- It seems like the main reason this is being run is for the +1 ability, which is really not worth running a card like this for. Not enough value.
Nissa, Steward of Elements- Without a large number of counters on her she gets minimal value, and if you do pay enough mana to make her viable there are already better cards you can run for those costs.
Eternal Witness- Unless you find your creatures or important cards dead often, or have a real way to take advantage of the cards in your graveyard, this is unnecessary and doesn't do enough for the deck.
Fertilid- A decent card but i've never found it gets enough value for the cost. it's a minimum of 5 mana for 1 basic land. You need to do this at least 3 or 4 times to really get enough value to be worth running over a land fetch.
Leafkin Druid- This is okay as a dork and an elemental, but I've found with tribal decks that you are better off running other creature and card types that better fuel your deck as a whole and really allow the tribe to shine, rather than forcing the tribe everywhere.
Tectonic Giant- Not good enough.
Animar, Soul of Elements- Unnecessary.
Zendikar Resurgent- Largely unnecessary due to the high number of lands in the deck, but can be kept if you feel it worthwhile
Frontier Bivouac- decent but comes in tapped and cannot be fetched. In a lands deck you will rarely be hurting for colors and the fact that this comes in tapped slows you down.
Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, Gruul Turf- While I see what you are going for with these, they overall do slow you down and you have enough lands (once you bump up to 38 or so) that you shouldn't have any issue with them. I'd swamp these for basics as you have far more ways to grab those.
RinceRaven on Brago
3 weeks ago
Cheap but not great:
Staples: (budget varies but doesn't go up too high)
4 weeks ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. Good build on such a low a budget. Realistically to make much improvements you're going to have to be able to spend more than $30 for your deck.
My advice is to lower the mana curve by adding more low CMC Wizards and more low CMC instants and sorceries that draw cards. End the curve with two five drops Wizards: Azami, Lady of Scrolls, Shipwreck Dowser and one six drop Archetype of Imagination. I suggest playing double the amount or more of instants and sorceries than Wizards because technically you don't need other Wizards because Adeliz can pump herself. Still have a strong base of low CMC Wizards, just a smaller one.
Since Adeliz can pump herself and has flying she is really your best win condition doing 21 Commander damage to each opponent. The problem with Adeliz is she doesn't provide card advantage only pump therefore you need a lot of other cards that draw cards to fuel the pump.
Some Wizards can help for card advantage:
- Windrider Wizard: lets you draw each time you cast an instant or sorcery or even a Wizard and he has flying which makes him a threat to attack. If just about every card you cast draws you a card then that's a nice advantage to keep drawing instants/sorceries/Wizards.
- Burning Prophet: repeatable scry is powerful when you want to draw certain cards and not lands or other cards. She can filter away lands so that you draw instants/sorceries/Wizards.
Consider more low CMC Wizards? That way you can establish a Wizard army quicker and get faster benefits from Adeliz with other Wizards. More low CMC flying Wizards can benefit much more from the pump from Adeliz because they can more easily do combat damage to an opponent:
- Siren Stormtamer
- Wingcrafter: way to give a Wizard who doesn't have evasion flying such as Burning Prophet and soulbond can change creatures.
- Faerie Seer
- Kaza, Roil Chaser
- Lightning Stormkin
- Dreadhorde Arcanist
With more low CMC flying Wizards then cards such as Bident of Thassa and Reconnaissance Mission can draw a lot of cards since you draw a card for each creature who does combat damage to a player. This is a way to keep refilling your hand with instants/sorceries by attacking with Wizards even if you don't have instants/sorceries to cast. Flying Wizards are still going to do combat damage to a player and draw cards. Shared Animosity is repeatable pump for each attacking Wizard you control. This repeatable effect is in addition too any pump that Adeliz does.
Izzet has a wealth of good low CMC budget instants/sorceries that draw cards that are staples of Commander:
- Preordain, Serum Visions, Ponder
- Brainstorm, Faithless Looting
- Windfall, Frantic Search
- Impulse, Chart a Course, Thrill of Possibility
Some budget lands upgrades to consider:
- Command Tower: staple of Commander for two or more color decks.
- Unclaimed Territory
- Path of Ancestry: repeatable scry when you cast a Wizard.
- Shivan Reef
- Mystic Sanctuary: recur a instant or sorcery from your graveyard.
Good luck with your deck.
4 weeks ago
Frank_Glascock, my playgroup and me really enjoy playing decks like this. But it is hard to develop decks, which are strong enough to contest, but don't accidentally go infinite. But those are great challenges in the end.
I playtested the the deck a lot and I think the mana base is just fine like that. We can't afford to play more lands due to drawing them in windfall effects is not too great. Perhaps we need to mulligan, if we don't find the right color sources in the opening hand, but we have about 25 lands/rocks which provide or search for or on turn 1. This should really be enough. So no I don't think another source is needed.
Later in the game fixing is no problem because Golos can search for Command Tower if needed on turn 2 or 3. The best land to search for is obviously Gaea's Cradle. But if other things are necessary, it's no problem to search for color fixing first.
1 month ago
Hey, you have several good cards, but also quite a few that can be upgraded even on a budget.
Utvara Hellkite and Lathliss, Dragon Queen are two Dragon upgrades because they can be card advantage since they create Dragon tokens when Dragons attack or when nontoken Dragons ETB. Drakuseth, Maw of Flames has a powerful attack trigger. Knight of the White Orchid is a Knight upgrade since it can tutor for any Plains including Sacred Foundry or Mistveil Plains and put it onto the battlefield.
Changelings are Knights and Dragons. Taurean Mauler gets bigger when any opponent casts a spell. Mirror Entity has an ability to change all creatures you control power/toughness and give them all creature types. Depending on how much mana you have you can make your army of creatures huge power with Entity.
Before you make other improvements however my advice is to first improve ramp because when the cards you want to try to win the game with are high CMC such as Dragons then lots of ramp should a high priority. The idea is to have more ramp and less high CMC cards because you can easily cast ramp, but without ramp you can't easily cast high CMC Dragons.
- Sol Ring: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Arcane Signet: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Keeper of the Accord
- Knight of the White Orchid
- Boros Signet
- Jeska's Will: can be a fast way to cast both your Commanders or a high CMC Dragon in your hand if you target an opponent who has seven or more cards in hand.
- Dragon's Hoard: ramp and can be repeatable draw with Dragons.
- Talisman of Conviction
The next important thing to expand on is draw. The options for repeatable draw are slim in Boros therefore you want to instead count on cards that give you repeatable card advantage in other ways. Keeper of the Accord is an example of a new card from Commander Legends that's a card advantage engine for white in muliplayer Commander since he creates creatures if you're behind on creatures and/or is land ramp if you're behind on lands and he triggers on each opponent's turn.
- Sunforger: when people talk about Boros usually Sunforger comes up in the conversation because it's powerful equipment for repeatable card advantage. When it's equipped to a creature you can at instant speed pay two mana to unequipped to tutor for any white or red instant spell in your library that's 4 CMC or less and cast that spell for free. Sunforger package is an art form for Boros players. +4 power is a big pump when the creature has double strike or flying.
- Mask of Memory: repeatable draw, effects that trigger when you do combat damage to a player can trigger twice with double strike. If equipped creature isn't blocked then you hit the opponent your attacking twice to draw four cards and discard any two.
- Open the Armory: tutor for any equipment.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: tutor for any Dragon.
With Sunforger Mistveil Plains makes it better because you can put an instant in your graveyard back into your library to cast it again with Sunforger. Example of a Sunforger package of instants:
- Swords to Plowshares: exile a creature.
- Boros Charm: give all permanents you control including lands indestructible.
- Chaos Warp: remove a permanent including a land.
- Shields of Velis Vel: give all creatures you control all creature types.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: Dragon tutor.
- Brought Back: permanent reanimation.
- Unbreakable Formation: give all creatures you control indestructible.
- Return to Dust: exile up to two different artifacts or enchantments.
- Valakut Awakening Flip: draw.
- Akroma's Will: make all your attacking creatures real threats.
If interested I offer more advice in another comment, including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, well done for your first Commander deck on such a low budget.
Because of the low budget all my card suggestions will be $1 or less each. With Brass you want more low mana cost (CMC) Pirates who have evasion that way you can more easily do combat damage to an opponent with three Pirates. The two best evasion abilities to give Pirates are flying or unblockable as these will give the most potential to do combat damage to a player.
- Departed Deckhand: consistently is unblockable since there's a few Spirits played in Commander, but not in all decks. He can be a way to use mana each turn to activate his ability (mana sink) to make another Pirate or Pirates unblockable.
- Warkite Marauder: flying Pirate who has a strong attack trigger since you can make one creature of the opponent your attacking a 0/1 meaning if that creature blocks one of your Pirates it will die. This ability makes it easier to do combat damage to an opponent because your opponent is not going to block with the 0/1 and risk losing their creature.
- Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator: flying Pirate who can be a ramp engine by creating treasures. Malcolm and any other Pirates who do combat damage to an opponent creates a number of treasures equal to the number of different opponents who were dealt damage. Malcolm triggers to create a treasure whenever a Pirate does any kind of damage to a player not just combat damage.
- Fathom Fleet Captain: Pirate with menace and menace can be evasion, but only if the opponent you're attacking has few creatures to block with since the ability means that Fathom can't be blocked except by two or more creatures. He can be a repeatable source of Pirates, creating Pirate tokens.
- Coercive Recruiter: doesn't have evasion, instead it has a powerful repeatable effect to gain control of opponents creatures and the creatures you gain control of become a Pirate until end of turn. Recruiter triggers whenever any Pirate you control enters the battlefield (ETB) meaning as long as you have Pirates to cast or Pirate tokens to create they can help to clear the way for attacking Pirates to do combat damage to an opponent.
- Daring Saboteur: can make itself unblockable and she can be a repeatable draw source when she does combat damage to an opponent.
- Coastline Marauders: has trample, trample is evasion and he can do a lot of trample damage. With trample extra damage that a creature can do when blocked is done to the defending player instead. If he has 6 power and is blocked by opponent's 2/2 then 4 damage is done to the defending player.
There's some good support cards that can help Pirates to trigger Brass, protect Pirates or give you card advantage to stay ahead in the game.
- Reconnaissance Mission: can be lots of repeatable draw. Good with Pirates who have evasion because each Pirate who does combat damage to a player you draw a card.
- Archetype of Imagination: effect to want to ramp into by giving all creatures you control flying and makes it so your opponents can't block your creatures because they lose flying. Only an opponents creature with Reach can block your creatures with flying.
- In Garruk's Wake: effect to want to ramp into. Board wipe that only destroys all your opponents creatures and Planeswalkers. This is a powerful effect in multiplayer Commander and it can clear the battlefield for your Pirates to safely attack your opponents.
- Negate: staple counterspell that's easy to cast. Stops a board wipe for two mana.
Rainbow lands in Commander are very helpful when playing many colors. Most Rainbow lands are expensive price cards, but there's three staples that are each less than $1.
- Command Tower: staple land for any two or more color decks in Commander.
- Exotic Orchard
- Path of Ancestry: tribal land for repeatable scry which helps with which cards you draw.
These 14 cards suggested could be added for about $8. If interested I offer more advice in another comment, including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.