Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Vampire Spirit
Bloodghast can't block.
Bloodghast has haste as long as an opponent has 10 or less life.
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may return Bloodghast from your graveyard to the battlefield.
2 weeks ago
- Ichor Wellspring, great rate for drawing but you have plenty of draw spells + commander.
- Gravecrawler, Nether Traitor, Bloodghast, Endless Cockroaches since you are adding a level of recursion into the deck, these guys are obsolete, since we would rather have cards that have ETB or dies triggers. We can re-evaluate if you are having problems finding creatures to sac.
- Darkness, hopefully with your lifegain this card would be dead.
- Dauthi Voidwalker, while an awesome card it doesn't really fit the mold, and we need to make cuts.
- Swiftfoot Boots, I would find out how often your commander gets hated off the board before deciding if you need this.
- Demonic Pact, I love the fact that you can get around the negative of this card, but it is slow and we need to cut cards.
- Weatherlight Compleated, slow.
- Black Market Connections, draw, ramp, and fodder all in one.
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan, one of the best sac outlet ever.
- Great Unclean One, both drain and fodder. I think he would be better than Sengir Autocrat
- Phyrexian Tower, sac outlet and ramp.
Edit= - Bolas's Citadel can also be considered card draw.
3 weeks ago
What are your thoughts?
1 month ago
Dead_Blue_ No, playing lili would be a terrible position to be in, for the reasons i've already described. I'm much better off continuing the plan of keeping the board-clear of lands etc, rather than ruin my own hand discarding stuff for no real gain.
Yes I could be discarding stuff like Bloodghast to lili, but that's a very narrow application, and most of the time I wouldn't have anything to discard that would want to be discarded.
Decks that play Lili are generally ones like The Rock or Jund, where they are supporting lots of hand-disruption to make sure that they can force down both players hands to a topdecking scenario - where they'll be confident that such a scenario will put them ahead. That's NOT where this deck wants to be. Because of this decks high land count, topdecking scenarios can often go poorly. Added to this, it's giving the opponent a free-out to be able to re-establish themselves in the game. I think you are severely mis-understanding Lilis role in a deck and assuming that any black deck can run her. She would be AWFUL in this particular brew, for all of the numerous reasons I've already given.
1 month ago
Turn 2 Pox into a turn 3 Lilly would be an amazing play but the stars would really have to align with Urborg & Flagstones lining up for it
The thing is you’ll do stuff like discard your Bloodghast to Lilly then bring it back for free with a land drop and still have mana open the same way you would with Smallpox but there will be many games where a turn 2 Smallpox is not an optimal play, often it’ll be a turn 4 play. And speaking from experience most decks can recover against a pox but Lilly single handed can take over, whatever they draw they discard, whatever they play you negative 2. It creates an unwinnable scenario for a lot of decks. It would go great with the Lingering Souls beat down
1 month ago
i used to run 24 lands and have actually gone down to 23. I can run a much lower land-count due to the abundance of Cling to Dust. My games are faaar more likely to end up with me being mana-flooded rather than mana-screwed.
Liliana of the Veil would be a really bad choice for this deck, as we don’t care about our opponents hand - we’re targeting their lands so that they can’t cast stuff. Lili would only serve to let them pitch stuff they wouldn’t be able to cast anyway, while also not presenting any kind of threat. Bloodghast is much stroner in that it creates card advantage via Smallpox… and even if it does get exiled it’s still usually no big deal.
Bitterblossom could be a consideration, though the deck can often go pretty-low on lfe before securing a win, so is probably more risk than its worth. Sword of Fire and Ice doesn’t feel particularly useful here at all tbh, we’re tying to keep the opponent oppressed, so by the time we could play it we’re prolly already in a winning position
1 month ago
Consider going up to 25 lands, as a long time Pox player, Smallpox loves to be a double edged sword. I also suggest Liliana of the Veil and a more resilient threat than Bloodghast, there’s just too much Solitude & Relic of Progenitus in the meta right now. I’ve used Bitterblossom in the past but honestly I don’t know if that’s currently the right call, maybe Sword of Fire and Ice
1 month ago
Bloodghast seems excelent, sadly i dont have it. i remeber in the past running Skinrender and Gatekeeper of Malakir as creatures in control decks. i will keep thinking how to improve it , using what i have. maybe Vampire Nighthawk and Lashwrithe dont belong to the deck