Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Choose a color. Add to your mana pool an amount of mana of that color equal to your devotion to that color. (Your devotion to a color is the number of mana symbols of that color in the mana costs of permanents you control.)
|Want (7)||DJGam-G , justinclarkv1 , Kotaff , mroberts092 , Lord97cecil , Abbner , lordbovine|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Discussion
4 days ago
That's definitely more on the casual side, save for Trinisphere and a few staxy effects here and there. Putting Ballista and Triskelion here just because there's Heliod somewhere in the deck seems weak, especially since there are no tutors. Anyway, cards you might wanna consider, given this is mono white, are Knight of the White Orchid, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, and you might want to trim down some of the higher CMC cards, Luminous Angel doesn't do much for 7 mana, and Triumphant Reckoning doesn't bring back creatures, and this is clearly a creature deck. Keep trying tho.
4 days ago
Disenchant,, Generous Gift,, Skyclave Apparition,, Myriad Landscape,, Endless Atlas,, Strata Scythe,, Emeria, The Sky Ruin,, Mangara, the Diplomat,, Sun Titan,, Land Tax,, War Room,, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx,, Heliod's Intervention,, Court of Grace,, Keeper of the Accord,, Shadowspear,, Cathars' Crusade,, Commander's Plate,, Mind's Eye,, Winds of Abandon,, Crib Swap,, Afterlife,, Seal of Cleansing,, Aura of Silence,, Revoke Existence,, Fragmentize,, Angelic Purge,, Path to Exile,, Swords to Plowshares,, Smothering Tithe,, Enlightened Tutor.
Just to name a few to consider.
4 days ago
Balaam__ Thanks for the input! I haven't come across Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx yet, but I have definitely been looking into Aether Vial as well Mutavault. Maybe one day I can justify dropping the extra cash.
4 days ago
1 week ago
i'm not sure why you wouldn't ever add black, when Shaman of the Pack is so good. and Elvish Champion is pretty cheap. she's like $3 right now. so $12 for basically a win against any green deck. she saved my bacon once when my Tron opponent had 3 Wurmcoil Engine out. i know how elves work and know they can make a decent amount of mana, but i really dont think you're getting "50" mana. the board presence that would require would be enough for you to win before you even got to that point.
Elvish Promenade isn't necessary, as by the time you have 4 mana thats really all you need. you could be using that mana on Collected Company. Fauna Shaman is too slow of a tutor when you could just replace it with another lord. you'd really only need it if you were planning on using specific creatures for some sort of combo, like using Yavimaya Dryad to give the opponent a forest while you have Elvish Champion out.
i actually think Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is a bad card here. it doesn't give you a turn 1 mana dork, and doesn't break even on mana until turn 3 at the earliest.
1 week ago
Keqing420 the entire deck is geared to make absurd amounts of Mana. Heritage Druid, Elvish Archdruid, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, combined with a lot of elves will generate all the mana the deck needs. I don't usually make 50+ mana until turn 5, but it's not unusual to get a whole mess of elves by turn 3 that i can turn into insanity mana on turn 4. The champion isn't in my list because it's an actual physical list and I don't usually spend money on it anymore. I'm not every going to add black so Shaman of the Pack is out of the picture.
MagicMarc i can get behind your suggestions. Elvish Promenade combos with Heritage Druid to tap for mana, Elvish Archdruid to let it tap for twice as much Mana, and with marwyn when i had her in the deck. I can see it's not a popular option though lol. Ezuri is a necessary evil, i don't always spend a boat load of Mana on him, but usually even one activation is enough. So Elvish Clancaller is a very deceptive creature, it's a 2 mana lord, both of its mana is devotion to green, and once i get the mana, it can tutor for the other copies of itself. Fauna Shaman is still a great card in this deck, i usually use her to tutor for Heritage Druid, Beast Whisperer, Nettle Sentinel, or Ezuri, Renegade Leader I'll discard a mana dork or a clancaller or something like that and get what I need. I tried imperious perfect, great card but it's too high costed and not enough reward
1 week ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions you might just like!
- Fauna Shaman: It's a shaman, it's a great tutor, and it's cheap in mana. Seems like it would fit in great!
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: Fits in great with any mono-colored deck!
- Strip Mine: Great in any deck, especially in mono-colored ones where you almost always have the colors you need available anyway
- Ancient Tomb: Could easily be that two mana in your commander's mana cost, and is great EDH staple.
- Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Kenrith's Transformation: A great form of creature hate in mono-green. This can be horrible on someone's commander especially if they have no means of removing it. The same goes for a combo piece or just any great creature.
- Heroic Intervention: A great way of protecting your pieces, since it would seriously suck if all the shamans got wiped out
- Collective Unconscious: Another form of shamanic revelation, both of which are reasons to include Reliquary Tower
- Triumph of the Hordes: Could be an entire other wincon if you have a bunch of shamans out
- Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl: Great ways to ramp in small amounts before you put your commander out
- Sol Ring: It's not a shaman, but still one of the most powerful cards in edh. Definitely add it.
- Three Visits/Nature's Lore: Just like the previous two, these are great ways to ramp before you put out shamans, speeding up your game by a ton
- Jeweled Lotus: I hate that they made this card, but it could basically let you play your commander turn 1. Definitely add it if you have the budget.
- Extraplanar Lens: Kill a forest, and double THEM ALL. You have a lot of basic forests, and I think this card could work very well for you because of that.
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World: This one is much more debatable, but the regular ability is great for ramping and the final ability is just wonderful for you because of all of the forests you have.
- Helix Pinnacle: You have so much ramp and Nissa as previously mentioned would be insane. This guy could be a great win con and act as something to pool all your mana into.
- Nyxbloom Ancient: All your shamans tap for 6?!?!?! Seems great- especially since you can ramp to put it out and fit with the decks theme.
- Caged Sun: Great in a mono-colored deck, buffs all the shamans, and gives you more mana. Could be a great option if you like these sort of doubling and tripling cards.
- Wolf-Skull Shaman: You run a LOT of shamans, and this guy lets you take that fact and benefit it, giving you a ton of tokens over time.
- Birds of Paradise: A great way of building the ramp base from early on, and works as a great blocker if you need to block something big over time since it has flying.
- Burgeoning/Exploration: If you keep the amount of lands you have at the moment, using these guys could make you go crazy and have a bunch of lands. In a four player game, Burgeoning could give you 5 mana turn 2.
- Arcane Signet: Another great way of supporting the mana base early on
I'm afraid that's all I have, just keep in mind, I recommended a lot of stuff that helps you PRE shaman ramp, and if you include too much of that you start drifting away from the shaman theme- don't do that. However just including a few of the better ones might help a ton. And so, good luck on your deck my friend it seems super cool, consider checking out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. Happy tapping!
4 weeks ago
I can't imagine a situation where Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx actually ramps you, considering tokens don't provide devotion... have you thought about Gemstone Caverns for some ramp and explosiveness? Or maybe a Boseiju, Who Shelters All?