Elenda, the Dusk Rose
Legendary Creature — Vampire Knight
Whenever another creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Elenda, the Dusk Rose.
When Elenda dies, create X 1/1 white Vampire creature tokens with lifelink, where X is Elenda's power.
|Have (2)||Obsolete , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Elenda, the Dusk Rose Discussion
2 days ago
First of all thanks for the comment and your interest in my build!
Vampire Nocturnus is a keeper for me, it has won me several games since my deck is mainly black coloured and its always nice to declare attackers and wait for the reactions of opponents and than play a vampiric tutor and put a black card top library :D
Living Death imo the better card than Patriarch's Bidding since I first sac my own board! for example: Goblin Bombardment and ping all the extra damage, than everyone needs to sac his board and all our vamps are coming back! And to answer your next question... This combo play works like a charm when you have Purphoros, God of the Forgeon board :) Elenda, the Dusk Rose ... Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet... Purph is a must have for aggro swarm edgar build :)
Midnight hunt is looking great! That Socialite looks insane and is defo gonna get slotted in here!!
Gonna check your build out right away!
1 week ago
kirbysan I'm confident The Meathook Massacre will find a place in the deck. The lifegain triggering off opponents' creatures is incredibly strong with boardwipes, and it also seconds as a boardwipe. It won't take the spot of any of our current wipes, acting more as an additional Blood Artist, but the fact that it can be used as a wipe ups our control potential. Not sure what the best cut is, but it's certainly stronger than a few current cards in the list. I just wish it were a creature so it could proc off itself and we could fetch it with creature tutors, but at least enchantments are hard to kill.
I think you're right that Dreadhound is too expensive. Similar to Syr Konrad, the Grim, we achieve this effect by cheaper means via Blood Artist and friends, and we don't gain much from additional procs off mill.
One card I've been keeping an eye on is Adeline, Resplendent Cathar. As long as we have a piece of fodder to attack with each turn, she's pumping out 3+ tokens every turn. On a similar level to Ophiomancer, 3+ tokens on our turn every round is as good as it gets, especially since it can proc as soon as she comes town. She's also quite big for a 3 mana creature, making her hard to kill and a strong attacker early game to consistently proc her own effect. The only unfortunate thing is that the tokens have to attack, and we have to attack to create them, meaning we can't sit on them while we build our board. However, she still does a great impression of Elspeth, Sun's Champion at 3 mana.
Eloniel We're always happy to play more aggressively costed drainers, especially one with additional versatility. I find Falkenrath Noble and Vindictive Vampire are too expensive. Our 4 mana options usually do more, like Luminous Broodmoth or Elenda, the Dusk Rose providing exponential value. I could see us playing as many as 7 good 2-3 mana drainers, as I always find myself wanting more in-game.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Might I recommend, if budget permits, Elenda, the Dusk Rose? Lifelink tokens and death triggers to be doubled sound good here.
1 month ago
I've not often seen anyone take on Licia, Sanguine Tribune. Do you find she works well enough to justify the inclusion of red rather than going with the more straightforward bleeding of something like Elenda, the Dusk Rose?
2 months ago
Thank you McToters and Heliogabale, I definitely need Reconnaissance for the vigilance, or to get attack triggers without getting my creatures killed, or to hold off damaging opponents (for political reasons). It's been added to the deck.
McToters, I appreciate your comments. It is a fun experience when playing this deck to have so many creatures. Fortunately vampires have card draw creatures, reanimation creatures, and many other beneficial effects to make each worthwhile.
Cool idea to ramp with Settle the Wreckage . I hadn't realized you could do that by hitting your own creatures! I don't really do ramp in this deck though so I'll try that out elsewhere.
Of course there are a few matchups out there that could be a huge problem for this deck, but most of the time you just have a ton of vampires. If they get killed you play lots more. It's a real thrill to constantly threaten opponents with hordes of vampires. If a player is restricting your ability to play and attack with creatures you can ask other players in the game to help you out or you can try and set up an aristocrats kill. Of the other recommendations you've made I am most interested in putting Anointed Procession back in the deck. The 4 CMC means it's usually going to help most if a game drags on. It helps the eminence bonus and could be especially good for the aristocrats situations with cards like Elenda, the Dusk Rose .
3 months ago
Some Creatures changes I end up adding: Yawgmoth, Thran Physician , Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit , Elenda, the Dusk Rose and Luminarch Aspirant . Also changed Citadel Siege for Felidar Retreat as it can give me tokens to sac and more counters not just 2
Doubts with: Custodi Soulbinders as it can give me a lot of tokens but I have to be set up already with my tokens or wait for oponents to set up their own table. I think I can swap it for something more usefull. Scheming Symmetry maybe I can get Profane Tutor until I have a more solid tutor.
3 months ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions that may be useful to you.
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit (puts counters on everything that enters)
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (he can allow you to get creature dies triggers, put counters on creatures, and even proliferate the counters)
- Anointed Procession (more tokens)
- Carrion Feeder (a sac outlet to get triggers off of Felisa when you want the tokens, and in response puts counters so you can eventually sac it.)
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose (holy crap the synergy puts counters whenever things die which is often for the Felisa triggers, and eventually can die itself to put out an insane amount of tokens from its ability and Felisa's)
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (will generate a ton of tokens for when it dies)
- Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar : Mana generating sac outlets so you can have Felisa triggers and get mana off of them)
- Cordial Vampire (there are quite a few vampires in the deck and this can allow this creature and other vampires benefit off of when your stuff dies which will be often for Felisa triggers, and by benefit I mean put even more counters to continue the process)
- Dragonscale General (you run a ton of creatures and this can take that and put a ton of counters on everything because of it)
- Gleam of Authority (since you'll be putting a ton of counters on things this can make a huge creature and also give other creatures more counters if necessary). High Sentinels of Arashin is sort of similar.
- Light of the Legion (fun card to use, helps put counters and even puts more when you kill it for tokens)
- Luminarch Aspirant (easy and quick way to get some recurring counters every turn)
There might be some more (I was sifting through the gatherer with a few parameters and found the stuff above, maybe you can find some too! If you want to pick up where I left off, I stopped around halfway through page 2 where Luminarch Aspirant is. Anyway though, hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks and drop an upvote if you like them, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Cheers!