Elenda, the Dusk Rose
Legendary Creature — Vampire Knight
Whenever another creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Elenda, the Dusk Rose.
When Elenda dies, create X 1/1 white Vampire creature tokens with lifelink, where X is Elenda's power.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Elenda, the Dusk Rose Discussion
1 week ago
Some Creatures changes I end up adding: Yawgmoth, Thran Physician , Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit , Elenda, the Dusk Rose and Luminarch Aspirant . Also changed Citadel Siege for Felidar Retreat as it can give me tokens to sac and more counters not just 2
Doubts with: Custodi Soulbinders as it can give me a lot of tokens but I have to be set up already with my tokens or wait for oponents to set up their own table. I think I can swap it for something more usefull. Scheming Symmetry maybe I can get Profane Tutor until I have a more solid tutor.
1 week ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions that may be useful to you.
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit (puts counters on everything that enters)
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (he can allow you to get creature dies triggers, put counters on creatures, and even proliferate the counters)
- Anointed Procession (more tokens)
- Carrion Feeder (a sac outlet to get triggers off of Felisa when you want the tokens, and in response puts counters so you can eventually sac it.)
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose (holy crap the synergy puts counters whenever things die which is often for the Felisa triggers, and eventually can die itself to put out an insane amount of tokens from its ability and Felisa's)
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (will generate a ton of tokens for when it dies)
- Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar : Mana generating sac outlets so you can have Felisa triggers and get mana off of them)
- Cordial Vampire (there are quite a few vampires in the deck and this can allow this creature and other vampires benefit off of when your stuff dies which will be often for Felisa triggers, and by benefit I mean put even more counters to continue the process)
- Dragonscale General (you run a ton of creatures and this can take that and put a ton of counters on everything because of it)
- Gleam of Authority (since you'll be putting a ton of counters on things this can make a huge creature and also give other creatures more counters if necessary). High Sentinels of Arashin is sort of similar.
- Light of the Legion (fun card to use, helps put counters and even puts more when you kill it for tokens)
- Luminarch Aspirant (easy and quick way to get some recurring counters every turn)
There might be some more (I was sifting through the gatherer with a few parameters and found the stuff above, maybe you can find some too! If you want to pick up where I left off, I stopped around halfway through page 2 where Luminarch Aspirant is. Anyway though, hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks and drop an upvote if you like them, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Cheers!
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
I actually made an entire deck around this concept that works surprisingly well. Steve Argyle is a particularly great resource for this topic. In addition to Liliana of the Veil and Chosen of Markov Flip, he's also done Deadly Allure , Guul Draz Vampire , Naya Battlemage , and Night Revelers . Other notable artists are Jason Chan ( Deathpact Angel , Fires of Undeath , Kiora, Master of the Depths , Mayael the Anima , Maul Splicer , Treasured Find ) and Volkan Baga ( Elspeth, Knight-Errant , Korozda Gorgon , Stoic Angel , Student of Warfare ). I ended up going with vampires + knights and some other cards I included are Hero of Bladehold , Knight Exemplar , Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts , Elenda, the Dusk Rose , and possibly the most ridiculous piece of Magic art ever created: Soul Collector . Some cards that came close to making the cut are Angel of Despair , Bloodflow Connoisseur , Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief , Knight of Dusk , Magister of Worth , Avacyn, Angel of Hope , Vampire Hexmage , and Veteran Cavalier .
Other cards that I like (sorted by type) include Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch , Lyzolda, the Blood Witch , Kemba, Kha Regent , Sunspear Shikari , Elvish Champion , Gaea's Herald , Quirion Dryad , Nimbus Naiad , Dreamborn Muse , Mistral Singer , Shipwreck Singer , Siren of the Fanged Coast , Akroma, Angel of Wrath , Archangel of Strife , Basandra, Battle Seraph , Razia, Boros Archangel , and Ire Shaman . Looking at this list now, it's clear I've spent far too much time researching this subject.
1 month ago
This is cool! I love vamps, and the lifegain/drain theme seems good.
EDH isn't like, my best format, but I've played some. Your curve is pretty low, if you put in some mana rocks like Arcane Signet and cut those lands you could get away with some higher cost cards. Orzhov Signet too. That would help with Exsanguinate too. Board wipes are also really prevalent in the format, more effects like Cruel Celebrant are good insurance against them. Blood Artist would be perfect.
I would offer Despark as a removal suggestion, Bojuka Bog as a graveyard hate, and if you want to lean more into tribal aggro, there's Rally the Ranks and Vanquisher's Banner and Etchings of the Chosen . Also, Elenda, the Dusk Rose is just a cool card that I really like.
One thing to just keep in mind too is that the faster you establish your board in a 4player game, the more people will be aiming at you to knock you back down. If you have an aggressive curve it'll affect people's decisions on who to target. IDK if that would affect how you build or play this deck, but I find it helpful to think about.
Thanks for uploading!
2 months ago
First of: You have 13 cards with white pips.... but only swamps as lands?
And what about aristocrats favourite sac-outlet Ashnod's Altar ?
You have 21 cards mit cmc 5 or greater which seems a lot. Have you already tested is? How does it perform so far?
2 months ago
Nice take on Teysa. I like her ability a lot and she's one of my favouritve cards of all!
It seems like you're creating a lot of tokens... What about Divine Visitation ? Nim Deathmantle can be used as a phenomenal recursion pice (and can go infinite with Elenda, the Dusk Rose . Dream Devourer showed hinself as a wonderful ramp-piece which also protects your cards from discarding or similar effects.
Which experiences do you have with Martyr's Bond ? It seems pretty slow with that high cmc. Does it perform well?
My first eve deck is a take on Teysa too. Maybe you wanna have a look:
2 months ago
darthpaul74 mmm ok. Call to the Feast would generate vampire tokens so would Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle although he might be a bit slower. That way you can keep from having non-vampire cards while still having backups till getting Elenda, the Dusk Rose if that interests you.