: Gain .
, , Sacrifice Emergence Zone: You may cast spells this turn as though they had flash.
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Emergence Zone Discussion
2 weeks ago
precociousapprentice: I just hate how dead it is outside of that :/
Also, the Geier Reach line can also be done with Satyr untapping it. :)
3 weeks ago
Profet93: oh fuck, I knew I forgot to address something.
- Geier Reach Sanitarium: Dig in a pinch, hilariously showcased as such on last night's stream for that purpose. Removes Thousand-Year Elixir/Emergence Zone from our hand when we need them in the graveyard. Last but not least, if Shaman of Forgotten Ways is exiled we have 0 ways of killing the table at instant speed, which this we can Mill the table and use Noxious Revival loops to reset the graveyard. When executing this combo we can set up a Veil and Allosaurus to further prevent interruptions, everything else can be re-looped at instant speed to reapply combo in the scenario of interaction. We loop this effect with Voyaging Satyr or looping Crop Rotation, Eternal Witness, and Noxious Revival.
As for the Nylea's Intervention I'm still on the fence about that one as I definitely prefer paying 2 mana rather than three. I'll get back to you on that one.
Quite thrilled we got a bolt land, that you guys can assume is going right in as it doesn't take up a slot and a 7 Mana hail mary is better than a land in a pinch. (Turntimber Symbiosis)
3 weeks ago
Wow what a cool looking Primer. Solid deck, you did an absolutely great job! I'm a big Elf tribal fan, because Elves where my first deck ever.
Cool cards that I personally enjoyed playing:
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate = best green planeswalker atm! Cut Yeva and a Forest for Vivien and one/two of the following lands:
- Emergence Zone / Winding Canyons = instead of some Forests
- Sylvan Messenger / Collected Company / Lead the Stampede = much needed carddraw
- Survival of the Fittest / Birthing Pod / Yisan, the Wanderer Bard = best green Tutor-engines
- Ohran Frostfang / Runic Armasaur = really solid carddraw (/Rishkar's Expertise / Return of the Wildspeaker)
- Bane of Progress / Lignify / Song of the Dryads = very good green removal
- Isolated Watchtower / Terrain Generator / Path of Ancestry = cool lands you should consider instead of forests
- Aether Vial + enough draw can snowball really fast
- Cloudstone Curio = an insane combo piece/enabler, especially with: Aluren or Concordant Crossroads
This deck looks already pretty strong, if you want to play on a cEDH table, you just should do some small adjustments:
- Allosaurus Shepherd / Destiny Spinner = instead of the Herald
- Null Rod + Collector Ouphe!!
- Mana Crypt!!
- Chrome Mox / Mox Diamond
- Gemstone Caverns / Ancient Tomb
- Damping Sphere / Thorn of Amethyst = to stop storm decks and slow down other decks
- Sylvan Scrying = to tutor for Cradle or Cavern
- Carpet of Flowers/Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl
I played elves in almost every format and cool combo from modern was: Cloudstone Curio + Heritage Druid + Nettle Sentinel = infinite mana or with something like Elvish Visionary or Beast Whisperer you can also draw your entire deck if you want
4 weeks ago
Very good looking deck. I love Nethroi, Apex of Death and wish I could use it in my Arcades version of the deck. I always recommend Smothering Tithe and Heliod's Intervention in any decks that have white. Eerie Ultimatum can win games with flash enablers like Emergence Zone
1 month ago
I really like the land suggestions. I feel Emergence Zone just has added synergy with Titania, Protector of Argoth as well as only being one colorless to activate. I haven't found it to be much of an issue.
I have tested with Avenger of Zendikar and personally think it is does not synergize well. The draw potential is there, but I haven't found much problems with draw.
I like Survival of the Fittest a lot. I built around it mostly due to budget restraints, but it will most likely be the cherry for this deck.
Thank for you the suggestions for things I overlooked. Nice meeting a fellow Azusa player.
1 month ago
Oblivion Sower could be nice addition to potentially ramp you up and remove some tutored top cards. So Emergence Zone is really good land to have.
What about Eldrazi Displacer to flick some of your ETB cards?
2 months ago
I use Rings of Brighthearth together with Strionic Resonator to do some silly things with Mimic Vat and overall its pretty cool card to use.
I would also reccommend:
Mind's Eye - more card draw = more power (more fuel for Kozilek, the Great Distortion)
Herald's Horn - to make your eldrazi even cheaper to get out + possible 2nd card draw if you hit Eldrazi with H's H
Some more cards that could be nice:
Mystic Forge; Whispersilk Cloak; Darksteel Forge+Mycosynth Lattice; Planar Bridge; God-Pharaoh's Statue; Emergence Zone; Decimator Web; Maze of Ith; Mana Geode
I would probably cut:
Deathless Behemoth - it works better in colored decks that can effectively create scion tokens.
Ghirapur Orrery - Im never sure about this card, might be better to use something else.
Meekstone - This kinda screws your own big creatures?
2 months ago
Check some Shirei decks, most creatures have just 1 power, so they can sac/reanimate all the time and its pretty sick :)
Village Rites is better version of Altar's Reap
Black Market can be very good, especially if you can go crazy and put tons of counters on it.. or it just eats removal instead of some more important card in your deck.
Tortured Existence - absolutely great creature retrieval just for and can go crazy with your Desecrated Tomb. I use it in combination of Phyrexian Altar as infinite etb/etg engine. Bitter Ordeal to exile everyone's library; Emergence Zone to make it instant speed if needed.
Hell's Caretaker can be fairly good reanimator for Shirei aswell.
Crypt of Agadeem,Dark Ritual,Bubbling Muck,Songs of the Damned are cheap for mana ramp.
Mutilate is just board version of Defile, might aswell use both?
Altar of the Brood easy mill just for that triggers upon any permanent you play.
Insidious Dreams - to cast your combos from top of your library if you manage to keep Bolas's Citadel on board. Forever Young/Gravepurge for casting creatures from your graveyard (top of your library with Bolas's Citadel).
Blanket of Night if you get more non-swamp lands and you're on low budget. Its just cheaper enchantment version of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.
Call the Bloodline could be easy way to get creatures into your graveyard, get some sacrifice dork and reanimate them later.
Priest of Forgotten Gods this pretty lady could be a nice addition to Shirei aswell, if you get some cards that make sacrifice dorks/etc. blahblah