This enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add .
, , Sacrifice this: Search your library for a Forest card and a Plains card and put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , danaran117|
|Want (2)||Mlord , Gorenzel|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Krosan Verge Discussion
1 hour ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
1 month ago
I suspect you'd benefit from a few more White mana sources, or things that can find them. Blighted Woodland and Myriad Landscape are readily cast ramp that can find plains for you. Krosan Verge is on colour here, and is probably worth running as well, as it can find non-basic lands for you, like the Kaldheim Snow Duals. There are also ramp spells that can find those Snow Duals, so it's not just about the pricier Fetch Lands. The relevant Snow Duals are Arctic Treeline Alpine Meadow and Highland Forest. Farseek can find Meadow at least, and things like Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Claim can find any that are Forests. These have no other upside, but getting access to White mana off of Three Visits is going to help. Most people just find Shock Lands with Farseek, but Snow Duals are very solid options to have.
The other thing that jumped out is the low amount artifact/enchantment hate. Cards like this are really useful in Commander, there is almost always a target, even if you draw a few of them. Viashino Heretic is good artifact hate on a stick, Devout Witness can hate on either, but is worse at it's job. You can also run Green options, which often sac the creature like Thrashing Brontodon or work as a Comes Into Play effect like Reclamation Sage. Since you have big creatures and love to have Jared get hit, Ulvenwald Tracker can arrange for Jared to get swatted by the biggest thing on the board every turn, either killing it and growing or just growing.
4 months ago
Krosan Verge, Arctic Treeline, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, and Path of Ancestry are good land inclusions while also being pretty cheap, having ramp options in your land base can be pretty useful for the late game, though the colorless-ness of some of them could definitely cause problems if you're playing the aggro game.
5 months ago
5 months ago
Hey Goose_ thanks for the response, I appreciate the feedback. I will definitely pick up some board wipe protection, I just don't own any yet in white and green. I'm new to the commander format and only play with 2 others who are both using store bought commander decks at the moment. Most of these cards my brother-in-law gave me so I'm not concerned about price if I already have it and everything I listed here I have XD
5 months ago
Cute deck idea, however a single board wipe just destroys this deck hard. Maybe include some anti-board wipe tech with Teferi's Protection , Heroic Intervention or even Wrap in Vigor . Second, I'm not sure how much you care about price, but that cradle is taking up HALF the price of this deck! There is a new card from the D&D set called Circle of Dreams Druid which does the same exact thing, just on a creature, which is great bc u want to have your commander out anyways. That would bring the deck price way down if you are looking into that. Also, I would replace that Selesnya Guildgate with something like a Sunpetal Grove so that it is more consistent. Another amazing land that is just special to selesnya is Krosan Verge which is EXTREMELY strong! I could help you out some more but I don't want to put up too much of a text wall for you. If you'd like more suggestions, please just @ me!
6 months ago
I found having too many cats wasn't very useful, I went a bit extreme, down to 14 cats, but 28 is a lot. Arahbo, Roar of the World only Eminence triggers one cat, and unless you're in a state with a ton of mana to activate the ability for multiple cats, not really needed.
How I solved this problem, was more creature tutor cards (instead of more cats), so Sylvan Tutor , Time of Need , I got a Survival of the Fittest for xmas one year which was cool. Chord of Calling , Eldritch Evolution even Congregation at Dawn are all viable to. The right cat at the right time vs. drawing more cats. Initiate's Companion , Leonin Skyhunter , Steppe Lynx feel like some easy cuts.
Are you primarily trying to kill everyone with combat damage? Beastmaster Ascension maybe?
Fumigate seems wrong.
Might reduce in lands, do you find yourself flooded, eliminate anything that comes into play tapped with no strong ability. Your not running toward a Tooth and Nail or anything so likely can miss a T4-6 land drop and still be in good shape, can also Land Tax or Archaeomancer's Map or Kodama's Reach to get more lands in hand. Evolving Wilds , Krosan Verge , Path of Ancestry could be some easy. If you're worried about mana fixing, fetch lands are great Windswept Heath but also the off-color ones like Wooded Foothills , Flooded Strand , etc.
Teferi's Protection to dodge board wipes?
I might add an alt win-con, Triumph of the Hordes might be one, but having a backup plan, maybe Grafted Exoskeleton or perhaps Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants to bring back Lost Leonin . Bala Ged Recovery Flip for Triumph of the Hordes , I dunno something?
Hope you find something useful here. +1
9 months ago
Good for Monocolor:
Excuse me, you dropped this: