Artifact Creature — Elk
, Sacrifice Burnished Hart: Search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
|Want (9)||Cactusman , OtakuGamerGeek , videoman , Runed_Servitor , nafgan , Galvinar , Asfael , Conderon , Catzhova|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Burnished Hart occurrence in decks from the last year
Burnished Hart Discussion
2 hours ago
Hey, nice budget version of Teysa with Deathmantle and Altar.
Cards to consider adding:
- Scheming Symmetry: great causal tutor, you get something and an opponent of your choice does too.
- Open the Armory: tutor for Skullclamp or Nim Deathmantle, two important cards to have more access too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation: Mystery Booster Set version, repeatable creature recursion.
- Viscera Seer: Core Set 2011 version, one drop sac outlet and scying is helpful.
- Doomed Traveler: one drop who creates a flying token.
- Mirror Entity: Mystery Booster Set version, pump Teysa and tokens. With a lot of tokens and mana this can be a win condition especially with flying tokens.
- Skirsdag High Priest: creates 5/5 Demon tokens and morbid can be triggered on any players turn if any creature died that turn. It's good in multiplayer and with tokens with vigilance.
- Fetid Heath: Double Masters version.
- Silent Clearing
- Shambling Vent
Any game when you have Skullclamp on the battlefield is going to be a better game than if you don't. Adding a few budget tutors that can get Clamp or one of your combo artifacts can be helpful.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 1x Plains
- 1x Swamp
- Temple of the False God: it can't make mana until turn five or after.
- Forsaken Sanctuary
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Final Payment
- Burnished Hart: too slow for ramp and doesn't trigger Teysa when it sacs itself.
- Butcher of Malakir: you have Pact and Dictate, don't also need this seven drop.
- Doomed Dissenter: Traveler is an upgrade because he creates a 1/1 flying token when he dies.
- Vindictive Vampire: the other aristocrats are better.
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
If you are running Serra Ascendant you'll probably want to put some incidental lifegain in the deck.
For mana, especially in mono-color Myriad Landscape is great. Solemn Simulacrum and/or Burnished Hart offer additional ramp. Also have been really liking Thaumatic Compass Flip lately in games where Land Tax isn't doing anything.
1 week ago
Well Zendikar Resurgent doubles my mana and gives me a lot of draw power, its easy one of the best cards in my deck.
I think the PWs are to good to swap out. And Blood Moon just shuts down half of the decks i face.
Also feel free to Link your nikya deck if you want me to take a look at it.
2 weeks ago
Nice list, but really need more mana base, unless your playgroup has the similar built deck...
I would go for 37 lands; cards like Oreskos Explorer;Gift of Estates;Knight of the White Orchid;Burnished Hart;Solemn Simulacrum; Land Tax/Endless Horizons to fetch some lands and thin your deck.
Marble Diamond/Coldsteel Heart;Mind Stone - more mana rocks.
2 weeks ago
In mono white, I would use more ramp and card draw.
Sol Ring; Mind Stone; Caged Sun; Gilded Lotus/Nyx Lotus; Smothering Tithe; Knight of the White Orchid; Endless Horizon/Land Tax; Burnished Hart; Marble Diamond/Coldsteel Heart; Pearl Medallion; Gift of Estates; etc.
Mind's Eye; Staff of Nin are both decent for some card draw.
Remember, you can exile YOUR attacking creatures with Settle the Wreckage to ramp up.
I'm gonna use some of those cards in my Celestial Crusade, which isnt updated yet, Im super lazy... :D
Cards I would remove:
Ajani's Mantra - only 1 life per each four turns is meh.
Teyo, the Shieldmage - hexproof is nice, but Im not really fan of Teyo.. I would rather go with Orbs of Warding for the same mana cost or add some ramp/draw.
Fencing Ace - It seems there isnt much ways to buff up this dude, should be more useful in some aura/equipment orientated deck.
2 weeks ago
You have to look into artifacts for ramping or card advantage without discard or sacrifice.
Some good staples that are available are:
Two cards I think are flavorful for red and provide card advantage but i don't see too often are: Staff of Nin, and Coercive Portal. The staff lets you ping stuff for 1 which is a nice little support card but it also draws a card every turn. The portal is not for the faint of heart but can really alter a board state depending on votes. Especially if you build with knowing this in advance.
2 weeks ago
Life from the Loam... you still probably want this, but then you really want cards that let you play more than one land a turn... that's more like "lands matter mulldrotha."
...or save them for later as a reward!
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the feedback OutlawPete92!
I run Glimmerpost and Cloudpost in the deck because of Thespian's Stage being in the deck, which can let Cloudpost tap for 3. Also, one of the cards I'm hoping to add to the deck is Vesuva, which would make Cloudpost tap for 4 mana if copied. I do agree that adding Unwinding Clock would be a good idea, and will likely be doing so.
I used to run Geode Golem in the deck for the reason you outlined, but I found it was oftentimes either bounced to my hand or destroyed before it could attack in my playgroup, so I replaced it with a mana rock.
The reasoning behind Burnished Hart over Palladium Myr is that if Palladium Myr dies you lose the mana, while Burnished Hart gets you the mana permanently, which even if you do have to pay more mana into it to get it, I feel it's worth it.
Thank you for recommending I look through your deck by the way, I found some cards in it that are a good idea to add, such as Bonders' Enclave for card draw.