Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Search your library for a creature card, reveal that card, then shuffle your library and put the card on top of it.
10 hours ago
Welcome to the club, stixx925!
If you want to control the opponent's hand, you need to start early, like turn 1. Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek are popular in several formats to start pulling everyone's hand apart, but pretty much any 1-cost discard will help.
It looks like the core of this deck is the Jace's Archivist + Notion Thief combo, so you want to get that out as quickly as possible. There are some good creature tutors in green, ranging from Fauna Shaman through Fiend Artisan to Worldly Tutor and Sylvan Tutor.
Finally, I think you can trim down some of the "whenever you draw" payoffs and and add some more removal. Your 4-drop spot is skewing your mana curve too high, so look for 1- and 2-cost cards.
Above all, have fun!
1 week ago
Ok, so I already made 4 cuts. You chose to remove Binding of Titans, now I need to figure out what else to remove as I have Ephemerate, Llanowar Elves, Greater Auramancy, Idyllic Tutor, Bloom Tender, Worldly Tutor, Elvish Mystic, Fyndhorn Elves, Enlightened Tutor, Sterling Grove, Eladamri's Call, Aegis of the Gods, Pernicious Deed, Final Parting, Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Sanguine Bond, Exquisite Blood (Birds of Paradise is already in as I didn't update the list at this moment)
2 weeks ago
You need Dorks, dude! Birds of Paradise was just reprinted, and is cheaper than it's been in a long time. Not sure how much Bloom Tender is running right now, but I'd slot it in if it's feasible. Lil dudes like Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic, Elves of Deep Shadow & Avacyn's Pilgrim are needed as well. Always play your Dorks when in , unless they're not needed in a very strict, fundamental sense - which is not the case here. Maybe play a few Rituals like Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual & Culling the Weak too. Final Parting could be cool here too.
Off the top, Aegis of the Gods, Ephemerate, Flickerform, Greater Auramancy, Sterling Grove, Idyllic Tutor, Eladamri's Call, Enlightened Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Pernicious Deed & Aura Shards are probably all worth consideration as well.
2 weeks ago
I aim to help lol. Fortunately for us all, many of the best Tutors in the game were just reprinted in Dominaria Remastered! Mystical Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Gamble, etc...They're probably about as cheap as they're going to get right now. Food for thought!
2 months ago
I don't see the problem with this deck. Not at all. However, I have some suggestions to make it even more "fun" for Kevin:
- The Filth and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth combo seems like a fun addition. Not only do I recommend Urborg (and, for that matter, Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth in general for decks, but this one means your creatures won't be getting blocked. (Good luck to your opponents!)
- For more things that bring friends with them, you could also think about Junji, the Midnight Sky and Priest of Fell Rites as other reanimators; I get good mileage out of them. Athreos, God of Passage is a sacrifice pay-off I've found to be quite noxious for some people to deal with, and I also quite like Yawgmoth, Thran Physician as a sacrifice outlet.
- Yosei, the Morning Star, Archon of Cruelty, Archfiend of Despair, Questing Beast, The Gitrog Monster, Thalia and The Gitrog Monster, and Kogla, the Titan Ape are nice payoff creatures I recommend. Drana and Linvala and Linvala, Keeper of Silence can also be supremely annoying for your opponents to try to deal with, which is also why I highly recommend them.
- Sylvan Library would combo extremely well with Underrealm Lich and Abundance, but it can be an expensive card cost-wise.
- If you do find your mana ramping to quite high totals, Genesis Wave is well worth considering.
- In decks like this, I still don't feel comfortable without some pinpoint removal tools. My favorites are Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking, Assassin's Trophy, and Swords to Plowshares, but this can be also dependent on your playgroup. I might also recommend the typical suite of tutors (for you, Enlightened Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Intent, and Expedition Map would be at the top of my list), but that's maybe less important.
- Field of the Dead is a close-to-auto-include for me in a deck like this, but don't get it just for this.
3 months ago
Animar, Soul of Elements is the reason I initially got into Temur, love that guy!
As a longtime brewer of this particular Commander, I'd highly recommend a few cards. Shrieking Drake, Ancestral Statue, Surrak Dragonclaw & Wandering Archaic Flip are bangers. I'd also recommend running a huge amount of Dorks like Llanowar Elves & Bloom Tender, they offer insane value in conjunction with this particular Commander. If you're not running anti-Artifact Stax like Collector Ouphe, I'd run a few Mana Rocks as well like Sol Ring & Arcane Signet.
If you're really trying to push the power level, cards like Dockside Extortionist, Treasure Nabber, Spellseeker, Imperial Recruiter, Phantasmal Image, Phyrexian Metamorph, Grazilaxx, Illithid Scholar, Toski, Bearer of Secrets & Consecrated Sphinx will do just that.
Certain other pieces like Trinket Mage, Tribute Mage, Trophy Mage, Goblin Welder & Fauna Shaman can help you quickly Tutor up what you need in a synergistic way, but I'd also recommend Gamble & Worldly Tutor.
3 months ago
A few other thing I forgot to mention: The lower your mana curve, the more value you will get out of card draw effects versus mana ramp effects. Not only in this deck, but in most decks.
Also, the 1-drop Instant speed tutors Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Enlightened Tutor & Entomb just got reprinted in Dominaria Remastered a little bit ago. Meaning they are about as cheap as they're ever going to be right now. Definitely don't break the bank for them, but if you can afford the pickups they would not only be great utility pieces for your decks but also just fantastic investments from a buy-and-hold perspective!
3 months ago
drader Hey man! So here are my suggestions:
Number one, I think you need way more mana dorks. Arbor Elf, Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic,Elves of Deep Shadow & Deathrite Shaman are all great options. Other cards like Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Dark Ritual & Culling the Weak are also always great to have access to.
I know they can get expensive, but a few Tutors are essential for a smooth game plan. A few cheaper options are Diabolic Tutor, Profane Tutor, Time of Need, Beseech the Queen & Shared Summons. Diabolic Intent & Worldly Tutor are also relatively cheap due to recent print runs.
Let me know how you feel about these recommendations!