Search your library for a creature card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the revealed card back on top of it.
|Want (7)||D-E-A-Bozeman , Ripsawn , _Act_ , ThunderLizard , brady1993 , krhool , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Worldly Tutor occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
GU (Simic): 0.58%
GW (Selesnya): 0.98%
Worldly Tutor Discussion
6 days ago
Another rant - if you are going to continue with The First Sliver as your commander - then you can still build around it within the Sliver tribal archetype. All you need are more spells that stack Slivers on top of your library, but those were already suggested in an earlier post. Namely Worldly Tutor and Congregation at Dawn. This is definitely outside of your budget range but Scroll Rack/Mirri's Guile/Sensei's Divining Top would all be beneficial as well as top deck manipulation would (ideally) allow you to stack up your Cascade triggers to be as efficient as possible.
1 week ago
I would add Worldly Tutor instead of Once Upon a Time, since it can get any creature and costs less mana.
Gravity Well seems okay but have you thought about playing good old Hurricane? It's a great way to wipe out fliers and it also deals damage to players, which means you can use it to end games. You're usually ahead on life because you were the agressor anyways.
Wilderness Reclamation seems a bit narrow in your deck. I can see the combo with Yeva and Chord, but you're not guaranteed to get it going very frequently. I feel like this could serve as better ramp. Maybe Oracle of Mul Daya?
I'm not a fan of Scute Mob in this deck. By the time you can start growing it, you could just play a better creature and all the while it could just get sniped or sit there as a useless 1/1. I think you could use more ramp instead. In mono-Green, I like Gaea's Touch because it's never totally dead and can also get you to 6 mana on turn 3 by itself in an ideal scenario.
1 week ago
1 week ago
On the board I am definitely putting in Worldly Tutor, Heroic Intervention, All Is Dust, Wilderness Reclamation, and Haunted Cadaver, Breeding Pool, and Alchemist's Refuge. I’m just waiting for some trades to happen. Any suggestions on what to cut for these would be helpful
2 weeks ago
In regards to sideboards - they don't exist in EDH. This is a singleton format where players bring their decks as they are. So...unless those are cards you are considering for the deck - ya gotta cut em. Now here are some suggestions on what you could put in the deck to help it run more consistently:
- Manaweft Sliver: Like Gemhide Sliver but better.
- Worldly Tutor/Congregation at Dawn: These are tutors that have synergy with your commander (who must already be in play). Tutor for the 1 (or 3 slivers that each have a CMC 1 less than the other} and place it on top of your library. When casting Congregation at Dawn you can stack 3 slivers each with 3 different CMCs and - voalá you have 2 more Slivers coming into play.
- Skyshroud Claim/Pir's Whim/Nature's Lore/Sliver Hive/City of Brass/Exotic Orchard/Reflecting Pool/Chromatic Lantern/: For a 5c deck you have woefully little ramp/manafixing.
- Path to Exile/Swords to Plowshares/Anguished Unmaking/Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Counterspell/Swan Song/Mana Leak/Arcane Denial/Forbid: Your deck has very little interaction - making you just a passive victim when your opponents decide it's time to deal with you - or when your opponents are going off. You need to be able to act. Slivers aren't passive creatures, and neither should you be when piloting them.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL CUTS: I know I went over a bunch of cuts in my previous post, but here are some more suggestions -
- Assemble the Legion/Retreat to Emeria/Birthing Boughs: You don't need Sliver Queen to make more tokens in an efficient manner. Allow me to introduce you to Brood Sliver and Hive Stirrings. Why go throught the trouble of making a janky combo that creates soldier tokens/changelings in cheap Sliver costumes when you could just...make Slivers? You also have the added flavor of getting double the tokens per combat damage assignment step when you have both Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver out on the battlefield. Worse yet - Legion, Emeria and Boughs have absolutely no synergy with your commander outright. you have to hope you have Hivestone on the battlefield. AND THEN even if you have alll of the parts and pieces on the board you have literally zero cards in your deck that are CMC 0 - as tokens have a CMC of 0 - creating a total non-bo that just allows you to only be able to shuffle your library. That's it.
2 weeks ago
I like your list, I had the same deck idea, that's looking pretty good! But I have some suggestions for you: I would cut Preordain or Ponder for Worldly Tutor, to search for parts of your infinite mana combos like Nyxbloom Ancient + Grim Monolith or Auriok Salvagers + Lion's Eye Diamond or for palinchron to activate golos again.
You should also consider Palinchron because if you cast it with golos, you can activate golos again this turn for "free". On the other hand Palinchron can go infinite with Nyxbloom Ancient or lands which produce more than 1 mana.
Abrupt Decay is one of the best removals in cedh and if you play vs a lot of Flash Hulk type of decks consider to play Grafdigger's Cage to top them. Cut the Sphinx for cheaper draw engines like: Mystic Remora + Rhystic Study or Timetwister/Wheel of Fortune
3 weeks ago
Sylvan Tutor is really slow - it often doesn't make the cut in most cEDH decks. I don't think it can make the cut here either. It's a worse version of Worldly Tutor and the deck isn't hurting for card quality.
Tale's End is quite nice though. Perfectly fine meta choice.
3 weeks ago
I agree with everyone else, so here’s what I propose. Dolor lower costed creatures that support your bigger ones would work out best. Cards like Vexing Shusher and Destiny Spinner are great support cards. Faeburrow Elder can get you a lot of mana easy. Even just getting 2 is a pretty good payoff. Cards like In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind are haymakers. Use something like Mystical Tutor, Worldly Tutor, or if you want to just win on the spot then Congregation at Dawn and you’ll pull ahead. Don’t forget everyone’s favorite blue cantrip Brainstorm is powerful to topdeck three cards in your hand. Liliana Vess is also great at this. Yes, you don’t have as many big creatures. But you will get more of them more often and more consistently.