Creature — Human Nomad Cleric
, : Search your library for a land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only if an opponent controls more lands than you.
|Want (3)||ecandemai , pancakemaster808 , theyounghansolo|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Weathered Wayfarer Discussion
1 month ago
Just taking a quick look at the deck a few things jump out to me. With that said, it is not like I am an expert player so take my suggestions with a grain of salt.
First is I feel like unless there is a specific reason you are running more than 60 cards in a deck, it is a trap to do so. All that does it make it so you have less chances of drawing the cards you want to draw. Having 4 copies of a card in a 60 card deck give you a 1-in-15 chance of drawing one of them while a 70 card deck drops that down by an additional 15%. I noticed you are running a lot of single copies of cards and in a 70 card deck you will never see those. I know it is a challenge to do so but I would highly recommend you bite the bullet and shave this down to 60 cards.
Second thing I noticed is a lot of people have commented on your VERY high mana curve and recommended more lands to compensate. Your response is usually that you have cards to help with the mana situation in the deck. I quick look and I counted 7 cards like Land Tax, Knight of the White Orchid, Endless Horizons, Weathered Wayfarer, Extraplanar Lens. There were also like two cards to help drop the cost of your angels down but even with these cards, I would expect the deck really struggles to consistently get set up even in free for all games when you have extra time. I would recommend dropping some of these mana assist cards in exchange for actual lands as if you are running such a high mana curve you really need that 24-25 mana in a 60 card deck, let alone a 70 card deck.
Lastly, just browsing the angels you have in the deck, it looks like you grabbed a lot of your favorite angels. Again, this is going to be a challenge but I would highly recommend you remove some of these angels from the deck to cut things down. For example, you are running Sunblast Angel and Wrath of God which are very similar. It would be easy to cut out Sunblast Angel and just run Wrath of God.
Those are my initial thoughts. Hope they were helpful!
2 months ago
While white can use a bit more help in the carddraw department I don't understand why people consider white to be bad at ramping. Especially nowadays. In addition to running mana rocks and ramp equipment like Sword of the Animist and Sword of Hearth and Home, white has access to 2 strategies that ramp through lands.
The first one is through a less lands matter ramp package. You can now have ramp cards such as Archaeomancer's Map and Keeper of the Accord and complement those with lands that set you back on land count while not setting you back on mana, like Lotus Field, Guildless Commons and Urza's Saga. Add Weathered Wayfarer to get those lands more often, and include lands that synergize with them, like Flagstones of Trokair and Thespian's Stage. It also makes Path to Exile a little bit better ;).
Another land ramp route you can take is through land recursion cards, such as Brought Back, Sevinne's Reclamation and Second Sunrise to rebuy fetches, although you need to run quite al lot of fetches for that to work.
Both those strategies are white ramping through lands. To my knowledge, black, blue and red cannot do that (apart from some exceptions maybe like Orvar, the All-Form).
3 months ago
I definitely can see your point on Kaalia,
As far as draw and ramp, there's a lot more than meets the eye, hopper investigates, many creatures can be cheated in, sword of the animist, I may look to add Weathered Wayfarer and Archaeomancer's Map for a bit more ramp and Mangara, the Diplomat.
I appreciate the feedback, I'll look to update soon.
3 months ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
4 months ago
5 months ago
5 months ago
If you plan to make use of effects that want you to have a low land count, I recommend you look at Lotus Field maybe Karoo or Guildless Commons, if high budget Lotus Vale Scorched Ruins. You can consider Dust Bowl to get you and 1 opponent down a land, potentially leaving another guy still ahead for your effects. Field of Ruin is cheap and technically gets rid of a problem land while putting 2 players ahead 1. If you have the mana rocks to support it, Kjeldoran Outpost costs you a land and can make a token for only 1W, so if nobody else is doing anything you can still be swinging away. Weathered Wayfarer is a fun choice for another pay off for having less lands. Archaeomancer's Map is another one I can think of readily, there are some others I think.
6 months ago
By adding a bit more rocks, ramp and card advantage opportunities you can make this deck a lot faster and more scary than it already is. Not sure what your budget is, but I would consider stuff like Land Tax, Weathered Wayfarer, Esper Sentinel, Mentor of the Meek, Monologue Tax, etc.
Hope the deck works out for you.