: Add to your mana pool.
, : Put a 0/1 red Kobold creature token named Kobolds of Kher Keep into play.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , VioVoid|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Kher Keep Discussion
1 month ago
Thanks again! Awesome that you take the time out of your day to really give such an insightful comment.
I have been working on the deck after I posted it and even upgraded it a bit between your comment and me posting the deck, two of them are even cards you recommended! Bonders' Enclave and Gruul Signet. I also added Rogue's Passage to maybe sneak an attacker in.
I did actually buy quite a few cards a few days ago that just arrived and some of them are also cards you mentioned :D
I also added these ones, maybe you have some comments about them?
- God-Eternal Rhonas, it looks like it can combo quite well with Xenagos. Have you tried the cards?
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker, I always find myself missing Trample so I thought this guy could help tutoring for it.
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits a worse Kessig Wolf Run but also a lot cheaper, and I am mainly after the trample effect (I think).
- Scavenging Ooze wanted a way to deal with peoples graveyard shenanigans.
- Mind Stone ramp! (basically added it because you mentioned it in Norin :P )
- Solemn Simulacrum there are other ramp cards in green but I just think he is a lot of value.
- I also swapped the Sedge Scorpion for a Deadly Recluse because even though I find it nice to have a early thing on the board that can deter people from attacking me before I have some of my guys out I found that a lot of attacks just went over it.
The things I will be cutting is the Scorpion and
- Mistcutter Hydra (I have other sources of can't be countered and it not doing anything else than that feels a bit week),
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir (too slow. Even though I love the prospect of being able to double the equipped creature and then have it applied to every other creather, it simply doesn't happen often enough and it doesn't provide value as soon as it lands because it would cost + mana for it to do so),
- Solidarity of Heroes (I have used it as a combat trick but it is too situational especially as I plan to cut some of the counter/hydra creatures),
- Twinflame (often when I am thinking of casting this I realize I would rather cast one of my creatures or wish it was a creature),
- Brash Taunter (thought it would be fun, but it is as I expected - way to slow), Flame-Wreathed Phoenix (I wanted a flying creature but and really only put this in for sentimental reasons but it just isn't doing anything, it is very unsatisfying to double it especially if it already have haste),
- Peregrination (don't think it's worth the cost, added other/earlier ways to ramp),
- Nissa's Pilgrimage (same reason as the other)
Let me know what you think about the cuts and if I could have made better ones!
Now for your recommendations!
- Lurking Predators Sounds like a great idea, would love to hear what you think should be cut from the deck too.
- The Great Henge Yeah I want a few of these, to go into some decks. Have on my "buy it on a bargain" list. Hopefully I can pick it up soon.
- Decimate and Hull Breach Looks like great cards, I have noticed that I really need to put some enchantment/artifact removal in and these two looks like great picks for it.
- Life's Legacy Very nice card! Will probably pick it up, but when do one have to much draw?
- Nature's Lore I was going to add one of these a while back as I thought i had one laying around but I couldn't find it and forgot to acquire one. Will put it on my list :)
- Rishkar's Expertise Added this one!
- Skyshroud Claim I like this card too, but I always find 4 mana ramp to be a little late. You think it's still pulling it's weight?
Beast Within Great card, will be adding this at one point
Berserk Never been a fan of killing my own creatures, but I guess the added benefit of being able to use it on an enemy is nice. I could also Berserk it and then sac it myself with any of the card draw cards. Will be looking out for one if I can find a really cheap one.
Momentous Fall Nice one! Will pick this one up for sure
Return of the Wildspeaker Will add this one too, bought a few of them already a week back but they are taking their sweet time arriving.
Lands I have already added the Bonder's Enclave and will be adding a Myriad Landscape as I have an extra one. I will also look to acquire the other ones. I am thinking of also adding Reliquary Tower as it's likely I will get more than 7 cards in hand after a sacrifice, Mishra's Factory as it's one of the only good manlands I have (doubt Kher Keep will do much here) I am also thinking of adding a Tectonic Edge to deal with other people's lands.
Most of the dragons you mention was about to go into the deck, but then I bought a Secret Lair and built a dragon deck instead. Will be looking into getting most of the dragons you mention here.
There's so many here, hard to pick and choose which to add! I will start with the ones I know I want in Eternal Witness because there is always something that's worth casting twice, Kogla, the Titan Ape can remove a lot of stuff in one go as I can give it haste too, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar been looking to add this guy since day one! But they have always been so over priced in my local market about 7-8$! I managed to find one yesterday for $5! So hopefully it will find it's way to me tomorrow :) Reclamation Sage need more removal so this on should be a given, Sakura-Tribe Elder need a bit more ramp so I can get it out more reliable so this one a good one. Was going to add a Fierce Empath when I opened 2020, must have forgotten!
I am also looking to add Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma and Lifeblood Hydra but they are hard to find in my local market. The other ones I will add to my list and pick them up if I can get them cheap, to at least switch out for some others and see what fits my play style the best!
Would love a Deflecting Swat (in Norin too), but my local market have it quite high, and I think I can find more impactful cards for cheaper. Oh I will definitely upgrade for a Vines of Vastwood and look for a Blossoming Defense, right now my biggest defense against spot removal is Archetype of Endurance but it's so expensive to cast!
There are a lot of cards here that you have mentioned that I have both already added and want to add now that you have brought them to my attention, so I will have to do a lot of cuts and would love to here your thoughts on what should be removed (and if the cuts I already did where good ones) would also love why you think I should remove some cards over others.
Thanks a lot for yet another deep look at my deck! Really appreciate it :)
1 month ago
It could also be fun to build an indirect double damage deck. Things like Heartless Hidetsugu and Firey Emancipation, with some support like Ghostly Prison, Leyline of Sanctity, Crawlspace, to keep you from being attacked
2 months ago
Dance of the Manse has also served me well.
3 months ago
Cards to maybe consider: Pendant of Prosperity, Grab the Reins, Flame Fusillade, Urza's Factory, Snake Basket, Servo Schematic, Precursor Golem, Orochi Hatchery, Molten Birth, Kher Keep, Goblin War Party, Goblin Kaboomist, Goblin Rally, Forbidden Friendship, Dwarven Mine, Devils' Playground, Opportunistic Dragon, Loyal Apprentice, Assault Suit, Burn at the Stake, Myr Galvanizer, Victory Chimes, Farfinder.
6 months ago
Thank you for the suggestions!
As you said, it's difficult to slot them in, however with a few recent additions of new mana dorks, I find that I can cut a land. Kher Keep, while a fun card, is the least effective card in the deck. Cutting it for a powerhouse like Mycoloth adds a very powerful punch that works really well with Hardened Scales, Doubling Season, Grumgully, Purphoros, and Ulasht.
6 months ago
Most of these don't have abilities though, so maybe a vampire tribal restriction is in order like you mentioned on the second ability?
It also depend on the product it's going to be in. Commander? Cut the deathtouch and ship it as is, I think you could get away with it. Standard? Needs a little more toning down. Modern Horizons 2? Somewhere in between.
8 months ago
Heliogabale: Thanks for the comment! Wall of Kelp was in the wheelhouse but I decided to initially exclude it because of price concerns. Now that the deck has shifted away from a tiny budget, I've considered adding it. The tokens definitely fit the theme, but I don't feel that the price is worth what I'm getting, especially since the deck is shifting to better and better cards. Haunted Angel is super cool! I'll definitely add it to the roster of cards I want to try, if only there were more space am I right? Looks at land count menacingly Jiang Yanggu is an amazing suggestion, when I first saw your comment I looked inside myself and cursed my soul for I had not thought of him. Another on the roster! Rapid Hybridization is a good idea, but I don't want my opponents to get the weird tokens, I want them all to myself. Finally, since the day it was released, I've had Nadir Kraken in my Card Kingdom cart, and I can't wait for its release!!!
Lanzo493: Both lands would be pretty solid, but I think Khalni Garden is too common because who hasn't faced Avenger of Zendikar before right? Mirrorpool is a super interesting card and I have wanted to find a home for it for a while, but I think it's more suited to a Brudiclad deck, which I'm really trying to stop this from becoming. However, your suggestions did bring to mind Kher Keep , which makes the weirdest little kobold tokens, so I'll definitely be adding that to the roster.
Suns_Champion: Thanks for the suggestion! He's been in my Card Kingdom shopping cart since he was spoiled, just waiting until the whole set is spoiled to order him!