Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH
|Commander: Rule 0
You may have Vesuva enter the battlefield as a copy of any land on the battlefield.
13 hours ago
Mind Stone - Help ramp commander out on turn 3, and it is draw later when you don't need it.
MAYBE Syphon Mind - You draw 3, each opponent discards one.
Have you thought of swapping out Lili PW? Her +1 isn't impactful as with all your draw you're bound to get a swamp. Her second ability serves as okay removal. Perhaps for an Opposition Agent could prove more impactful given everyone searches in EDH. Whether its omni, creature or instant/sorcery tutors, or even fetchlands.
At the risk of being out of budget The One Ring might be a potential inclusion given it's a steady draw source and all your lifegain could mitigate it's downside. Maybe even a Beseech the Mirror to allow you to sacrifice it or just tutor in case you can't find what you're looking for with your draw.
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions UltimateRoxas40. I think I have a copy of Thespian's Stage around, but I'd need to pick up/proxy Dark Depths. I'm currently running Vesuva to help me double up those on those Field of the Dead triggers.
Braids, Arisen Nightmare is probably one of my favorite new cards of the past year. I played her for that exact reason in the Zimone and Dina deck that I converted into this one. I love the flexibility on what you can sac to her.
If you bring yours out of retirement, I'll be keeping an eye out for your updates. I'm excited to play this deck and have it become a part of my regular rotation, but I have this nagging feeling that there will be some new Jund legend in the Thunder Junction set that I'll want play instead lol.
2 months ago
Orim's Chant kind of a pet card of mine but I saw Silence.
2 months ago
The big question is - what format is this deck trying to be and what is your budget? Obviously this will never be competitive, but if cards from any edition are allowed, you have hundreds of choices:
- Braided Net Flip - This is a Tumble Magnet with multiple advantages. It can stop Planeswalkers what the original magnet could not. It stops other activated abilities. It can draw a lot of cards. Note that once again, the other side can be untapped in reaction to the activation, so you'll have the effect twice.
- Manifold Key - Strictly better than Voltaic Key
- The Enigma Jewel Flip - another mana source for activated abilities. However, it legendary, so play at most one.
- Pithing Needle - stops problematic Planeswalker and can be found by a Trinket Mage
- Relic of Progenitus - stops graveyard strategies without hurting your deck. Even when the opponent doesn't have anything with graveyard, this can draw a card to replace itself. Can be found by a Trinket Mage
- Experimental Augury - reasonably cheap card selection that proliferates.
- Vesuva, Tolaria West - If you ever want more Locus Lands.
- Urza's Tower, Urza's Power Plant, Urza's Tower, Expedition Map - alternative mana base instead of Cloudpost.
- Moonsnare Prototype - One mana accelerator.
- Inventors' Fair is artifact tutor and a life gain on a land.
If you REALLY want to go all in on counters and play older cards:
- Hickory Woodlot, Saprazzan Skerry, Peat Bog, Sandstone Needle, Remote Farm are lands that produce two mana as long as you are able to proliferate each turn. Pentad Prism is an artifact that effectively produces mana when you proliferate.
6 months ago
Vesuva might be useful in a nonbasic mana pool.
6 months ago
You may want to consider Cloudpost and Glimmerpost for additional acceleration since you're already running Vesuva and Thespian's Stage. I've seen them perform as well as the Urza lands with some luck, potentially ramping to 9 mana turn 3. (T1 Cloudpost T2 Vesuva T3 Glimmerpost) The Locuses are a great way to make those copy lands even more consistent.
8 months ago
When Vesuva enters copying Dark Depths it will come with 10 counters on it too, correct? In order for the copying to avoid counters it has to already be in play before it copies, correct? Thanks in advance!