The World Tree
The World Tree enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain .
As long as you control six or more lands, lands you control have ": Gain one mana of any colour."
, , Sacrifice The World Tree: Search your library for any number of God cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
The World Tree Discussion
1 week ago
Boki92 thanks for the comment! The other "budget" deck that I have listed is mainly the cards that used to be in this one.
1) I'd probably start with this deck and downgrade individual cards that you aren't looking to purchase yet. There are budget versions of most cards on this list. There are loads of cheap dragons, that are still good but a little higher CMC, so I'd replace those first. Then look at what other replacement effects you can have. If you sort my list by "Custom" you should see the categories I've placed them in. To give you an idea of my reasoning, in the removal category I upgraded Sarkhan's Unsealing to Terror of the Peaks just because it's a dragon too so there is more synergy, but it still sits in "Removal"
2) IMHO colour fixing/ramp should be kept but there are budget options. I saw a huge improvement after swapping the usual basic land ramp package for Nature's Lore , Three Visits and Skyshroud Claim because they fetch the Triomes (get Ketria Triome if you are only getting 1) but there are some really good budget options for dual lands with the Forest type, like the Battle Lands and Cycling Duals here: https://www.mtglands.com/subtypes-forest.html. Also The World Tree is excellent so try and keep that.
The core of the deck is really built around Cheap Dragons so, although expensive, cards like Morophon, the Boundless , Urza's Incubator and Herald's Horn are key. The cards in the "Support" category are also pretty budget friendly and you could swap out Kindred Discovery for Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner .
Let me know if you have any questions and if you would like me to checkout your decklist once you add one then just let me know!
Have fun :)
1 month ago
If you can stand having a land come into play tapped, The World Tree puts all color worries away.
1 month ago
1 month ago
@greykiller Devotion in for the red gods can be a little tricky sometimes, which is why I ended up adding Altar of the Pantheon to offset that. But since only two of the gods require exclusively red devotion ( Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded , and Purphoros, God of the Forge ), they usually end up with the needed devotion through their other colors without much effort.
But overall, devotion isn't really an issue for me. Having Golos, Tireless Pilgrim as the commander, he usually poops out enough permanents every turn that I don't notice a lack of devotion when it matters. Using Esika, God of the Tree Flip makes that deck much slower, but I do end up playing her as the commander about half of the time because of the flavor. More than half of the Theros gods are in White and Green though, so I usually end up having a couple of those in the field as creatures pretty early, and the rest of the colors just fill in with devotion as your board presence increases. Mostly you can curb any problems by being more selective with your mulligans, and that just ends up coming through experience.
As for winning, The World Tree changed everything for this deck. Before that I would usually end up winning with a big swing after dumping most of my deck on the field with Omniscience + Enchantress drawing, through Phenax mill if I was feeling cheeky, or through Purphoros damage if I got him out at the beginning of my Omniscience spill. Now it's just too easy to crack The World Tree on turn 6/7 and win with Purphoros damage.
1 month ago
First of all thanks for the input and sorry for the delay in the reply; I have been testing with proxies.
- Aggravated Assault is in
- Decided against counterspells (mostly personal preference, and I am lucky enough not to have any combo decks around; and we all enjoy haymakers being cast, but I will definitely keep it in the back of my mind)
- Ramp/Mana Base: included what I call the "Forest Package":
- The Forest Triomes and the Forest Shock Duals
- Dragons: Upped quality, focus on multiple colors (for Ramos, Dragon Engine and being legendary for Primevals' Glorious Rebirth
Again, thanks for the input!
1 month ago
HorseTribalLord Not a fan of Esika, God of the Tree Flip in that deck. Could be fun but I don't feel like making it fit for now. I might get The World Tree sometime, I just didn't get the chance to make any upgrade to the deck but it does fit.
Stumpy123 that's right, don't feel like dropping +50€ on a single card.
1 month ago
Hello, thanks for your feedback klaudiohmm I really appreciate it
Harrow puts 2 untapped lands into play, whereas Roiling Regrowth taps them. Let's say on turn 3, I have Harrow and 2 mana ramp in my hand, I can cast both in the same turn. With Roiling Regrowth it would be impossible
I put all 2 mana ramps into this, so there is no better (faster) option, other than Edge of Autumn , left
Migration Path puts 2 lands into play, the end. While Verdant Mastery also puts one into my hand for the same mana value, as my plan is to end the game by turn 5,6 and this is not cEDH, at least not yet, I don't care about one of opponent's getting 1 additional land
Yea, almost all lands are basics, that might be the problem, I'll watch after it, I'm not used to tapped lands tho, and these are only snow that come into play untapped..
Recursion of Gods doesn't fit the gameplan as this is OTK, when I crack The World Tree it will be over
As mentioned once already, Golos, Tireless Pilgrim will be tutoring The World Tree and if I cast it second time it will target Petrified Field so I can return The World Tree from graveyard in case it gets destroyed
Some of them are there for body value, making them look bad in comparison to others, yes. But that doesn't mean that they aren't more than necessary to make the deck work. Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded especially, it is the essential part of the combo as it gives haste to everything I put into play
Thank you for your feedback so much, I cannot express my gratitude well enough (:
klaudiohmm on Gods
1 month ago
Hey! I have some suggestions, hope they'll help:
Is there a specific reason to play Edge of Autumn ? Is it better than an unconditional ramp inside this deck?
The lands you're running generates only one (of zero) colors. Maybe you should include one or two lands that generates two (maybe three) different colors. You even can tutor them if needed with Golos.
Golos's ability is very powerful and maybe you should take more advantage from it. Top-manipulation spells (e.g. Tutors, Congregation at Dawn ) and untappers (e.g. Peregrine Drake , Rude Awakening ) may work very well here.
I guess that some gods you're running aren't that good. An example is Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded . You're running few red and artifact creatures, so Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded isn't seems to be that powerful.