Reshape the Earth
Search your library for up to ten land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
|Have (2)||, metalmagic|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Reshape the Earth Discussion
3 weeks ago
Of the currently 316 cards on Gatherer that mention Lifelink, 196 of them contain . Following this, 21 cards contain . 129 contain , a mere 16 contain and lastly 28 contain . Oh yes, and 19 contain as in artifacts and such.
This is derived from quickly searching the database for only the keyword Lifelink, then taking the total value and subtracting the amount remaining after removing as an option, for example. What this means is that is in second place for the ability with third place going to .
When considering mechanics, it is often a good idea to note what the primary color is and what the secondary colors are. Usually there is one primary and two secondary with the last two (or three, if including ) either being negligible or unfavorable in design.
Comparing Galazeth Prismari to Urza, Lord High Artificer , who has often been regarded as a cEDH Commander is also very unfair and misleading. It would be akin to saying Sol Ring is shit because it isn't as good as Mana Crypt . A more apt comparison would be to Saheeli, the Gifted .
As for Beledros Witherbloom , she's actually extremely powerful if you know how to build around her. Firstly, you are in the two best colors for ramp. Black has a long history of being able to draw mana out of other sources such as sacrificing or paying life and green is the single best ramp color in the game, in terms of how affluent it is. If you build her properly, you can obtain vast amounts of lands onto the battlefield extremely quickly. Cards such as Tempt with Discovery , Hour of Promise , Collective Voyage and Reshape the Earth are absolutely phenomenal with her. Furthermore you can add extra bang to your buck ala Rings of Brighthearth , Illusionist's Bracers and Lithoform Engine . On top of these, you have Doubling Cube , Mana Reflection , Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger , Dictate of Karametra and Nissa, Who Shakes the World .
If you want further abuse, because who doesn't like a big Dominatrix Draggo in their life, you have a very healthy plethora of Nissa Planeswalkers who untap your lands. They are Nissa of Shadowed Boughs , Nissa, Genesis Mage , Nissa, Vital Force and Nissa, Worldwaker . And if these aren't enough, slap down Liliana of the Dark Realms and tutor out Swamps until you get that sexy emblem.
If you're going this route, why not pack in The Chain Veil ? You're already going Superfriends and you're already abusing the copying of activated abilities, so copy Planeswalker activations while you're at it, and copy TCV's too.
What does this all get you? It gets you a Witherbloom that produces hundreds of mana, easily. Because remember, you can copy her ability. You may only be able to activate it once, but in reality you only need to activate it once.
Witherbloom isn't bad or terrible. She's specific.
Oh, and by the way, Omnath, Locus of Mana has the rules on Gatherer that you are able to retain this mana even during other player's turns. So what this means is you can untap all lands on your opponent's turn and float the into your next turn. So, there's that as well. Especially with Unwinding Clock , you are also now untapping your Doubling Cube and Lithoform Engine . While Lithoform Engine can not copy Doubling Cube , it certainly can copy everything else.
Again, Witherbloom is absolutely a God --- if you build her properly.
1 month ago
Cut Collector Ouphe replace it with Reshape the Earth . Your lands have several ways of becoming creatures, then they all get buffed by Kamahl. Good strat. I think the more lands you get, and fast, the more threatening you'll be.
1 month ago
Here are my picks for weakest cards, without much justification except that for the most part I don't see them doing anything important with Riku, too expensive for what they do, or are too specific:
Reshape the Earth
Pull from the Deep Volcanic Vision
Hazoret's Undying Fury
Decimate (since you need all legal targets, it can be awk to cascade into this one)
Amulet of Vigor
Wort, the Raidmother
Cast Through Time
However, I'll echo what another commenter said in that cascade doesn't interact with Riku all that much. I mean, you can copy the permanents or spells cast off of Cascade, but you can't meaningfully copy the Cascade cards. You could choose to cut the Cascade package instead. It's up to you and what you want to play.
So that's my first evil pass at 30 cuts. :)
1 month ago
Personal opinions on what to cut, feel free to completely ignore or disagree with anything/everything. I tend to construct lower curve decks, so I know that's a bit different.
Cut: Reshape the Earth , It's super expensive and while it can definitely be used to help thin out lands from your deck in the late game it will also act as a dead draw for quite a while. With all this other ramp you're packing it feels superfluous.
Search for Tomorrow , there are better 3 cost basic land fetches if that's what you're using it for.
Peregrine Drake , if you aren't running this with a combo piece like Deadeye Navigator I personally wouldn't include it. I understand cloning it on ETB could net you a +3 mana advantage on that turn, but it seems a little cumbersome to be worth it to me.
You have other ramp pieces I would probably cut, but it would depend on what other pieces throughout the deck you decide to keep etc.
Cast Through Time , I don't think it's worth the CMC for the number of Instants and Sorceries you run considering this isn't spellslinger/storm.
Pull from the Deep , it's fine, but meh.
Volcanic Vision , to me it's CMC is too high for what it brings to the table.
Those are my cuts for now, but I'm going to second Omniscience_is_life in suggesting you add Tatyova, Benthic Druid and The Great Henge , as well as suggest Elixir of Immortality as a general utility recursion card.
1 month ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
1 month ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
KayneMarco on Golos
1 month ago
Reshape the Earth will fetch you all 10 gates or 9 gates and mazes end all at once. Just another way way to get them all out.