Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Basic Snow Land — Swamp
: Add .
eliakimras on The Horrarrr
1 month ago
Hey! Joey from EDHRECast commented on upgrades for Captain N'ghathrod here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obGhfxKWkk4. He focus more on the mill side of things, so he has more targets for reanimation.
Doing my research on topics he didn't touch on, you might want to consider:
- Some evasion for your Horrors: Intimidation, Vela the Night-Clad;
- Some recursion with Beacon of Unrest, Body Double, Boneyard Parley;
- Ramp that does something else: Heraldic Banner, Midnight Clock, Phyrexian Totem;
- Draw that fills your graveyard: Fact or Fiction, Hostile Negotiations, Scattered Thoughts, Scion of Halaster.
Just like what I did with Menacing Aura, it might be wise to stuff some utility into your lands, so you have more options when playing your matches.
- Access Tunnel is a second copy of Rogue's Passage. If all else fails, it at least works on Captain N'ghathrod itself.
- Talking about second copies, Tomb Fortress is a second Port of Karfell in your build.
- Bojuka Bog is a must for when another graveyard deck gets out of control.
- Memorial to Folly is a late game alternative for gas when your hand is depleted.
- Geier Reach Sanitarium lets you sculpt your hand and graveyard for recursion later. It may also put some fatties on your opponents' graveyards for you to reanimate.
- Hagra Mauling Flip is removal on a land.
- Terrain Generator ramps you when you have nothing else to do with your mana.
- Faceless Haven is another Horror at your disposal, as long as you run
- 7x Snow-Covered Island and 7x Snow-Covered Swamp.
- And to tie all together, Tolaria West, that can search any of the lands above.
AIMd44 on Best Tribal Edgar Markov Deck
8 months ago
Forgive my ignorance, but is there any specific point for including the Snow-Covered Mountain , Snow-Covered Swamp and Snow-Covered Plains ?
Metroid_Hybrid on Lucky 13
8 months ago
I co-sign almost everything ldvatwa said, but I'm here to take it a step further..
I agree on cutting Leaden Myr, Tree of Perdition, Triskaidekaphobia, and Skeletal Vampire. I'm also wondering why Sever the Bloodline is here; do your friends play a lot of tokens too?
Adding Bontu's Monument is a good idea, but have you also thought about Mycosynth Wellspring & Ichor Wellspring as well?
You lack only one of the upkeep token generators in Mono-, that is Dreadhorde Invasion. Despite that, you otherwise have all the token generation in the world for . A couple of stax pieces like a Contamination & Smokestack, etc., could easily slide into here without changing very much at all..
Speaking of Mono-, is there any particular reason you are not running Necropotence and/or Bolas's Citadel?
Finally your land situation. I think you will want to cut down on your non-basic utility lands. Even though you are running Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, you will want to maximize your Swamp-count to consistently get the most out of Cabal Coffers (and goes triple for Cabal Stronghold), or if you even want to consistently play your Everglades & Lake of the Dead!
I would cut Barren Moor, Hagra Broodpit Flip, Malakir Mire Flip, Phyrexian Tower, and Vesuva; all for basic Snow-Covered Swamps... and maybe a Karn's Bastion since you are running several Planeswalkers..
wallisface on Kaldheim: Narfi and Jorn
9 months ago
MadMork you only really need to get 1-pip of each land to have your deck functioning, so i’d suggest trying to have a distribution of pretty-equal colours.
Something like 2x each of Ice Tunnel, Woodland Chasm, and Rimewood Falls, and then 6x each of Snow-Covered Swamp and Snow-Covered Island, and 5x Snow-Covered Forest, for 23 lands total.
I’m against running too many of those taplands, as they’re super slow & suboptimal. Ideally you’d be running a bunch of fetchlands to fix the manabase, but i’m aware they are pretty cost-prohibitive.
Metroid_Hybrid on Fool, this isn't even my …
11 months ago
A general theme while crafting this deck has been the single-minded focus on assembling the Undying combo itself; which became even more pronounced after the Pre-Modern transformation. Basically anything that wasn't a part of the central combo was to be draw spells & tutors for assembling said combo. A part of this early-on was eliminating as many Humans from the list as possible, because they're total "nonbos" with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed. However, what you're suggesting actually has me reconsidering Sengir Autocrat. I had actually forgotten all about the Autocrat because I originally ran the Eternal Masters reprint.
From the sounds of it— for I get up to 4 chump blockers and/or sac fodder for Yawg-daddy. Sounds decent enough...
So here's what I thinking at this point:
As a final note, I don't have a particular "meta" to reference because the shops I go to are both fairly populated and random, multiplied by the fact that I don't get to play as often as I used to..
SniperFrog on Scoop to Contamination
1 year ago
The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
Metroid_Hybrid on Let the Bodies Hit the Floor
1 year ago
A combination regular and Snow-Covered Swamps works too for FotD..
Elipson on Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow (1st CEDH deck)
1 year ago
Hi azja I just realized the issues with basic lands and Tainted Pact thank you for point this out!
I decided I will be building Yuriko turn two drop.
I will adjust the land accordingly and be adding the following.
City of Brass Snow-Covered Island Snow-Covered Swamp Shizo, Death's Storehouse
I feel 34 creatures is too many. Some of these creatures are place holders for now.
Which creatures do you see slowing down the deck?
|Want (6)||pabloriv , Tundra3ed , Bonwa , Amaterasu312 , jw560211_magic , Black09|