Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
As an additional cost to cast Alter's Reap, sacrifice a creature.
Draw two cards.
2 months ago
Hi, I have a doubt.
Thanks in advance. We have argued endlessly and tried to find the answer in the official rules, but we can't find the answer, we need a lawyer xD
3 months ago
Tainted Adversary seems a bit mana intensive to really get good results from. How many tokens do you usually get when you cast it? And is the effect worth that much mana investment? I don't like Stitchwing Skaab, either, especially when you talk about running out of gas. It will only contribute to that problem if you don't have cards to discard, and you don't want to discard better cards to play that one.
I'd consider cutting Spell Swindle for a cheaper CMC counterspell, or a straight removal spell. I think you want to be pretty aggressive with how you spend your mana in this deck, and holding up 5 mana to counter a spell is counterintuitive to that strategy.
I'd drop the mill theme: Dread Summons, Drown in Dreams, Maddening Cacophony, Peer into the Abyss, Psychic Corrosion maybe even Telemin Performance. I would add card draw spells in those spots. Night's Whisper, Ambition's Cost, and Sign in Blood will always draw you cards, regardless of board state. Altar's Reap, Village Rites, and Vampiric Rites are good draw sources when you have a board state. I'd recommend pushing your ramp to 10 spells, and then you should be off an running.
Good luck going forward with this deck.
3 months ago
AbyssusDraconem that sounds like a Jeskai build... Spark Trooper would be OK at 3 MV but it doesn't connect with Unearth.
This list already has enough ways to bin cards with Lightning Axe, Cathartic Reunion and Collective Brutality. If there were any room for it, Altar's Reap would be a good card to sac the Lightnings after combat for added value.
4 months ago
It looks like you need more ramp and card draw the most.
Skullclamp and every version of Deadly Dispute like Altar's Reap, Reckoner's Bargain and Village Rites could help. You should have a mana dork or an elf token idling at any time that you can sacrifice to draw more cards. Return of the Wildspeaker could double as another overrun effect.
For ramp I'd go with Farhaven Elf, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Rampant Growth and Nature's Lore.
Blackblade Reforged, Stoneforge Masterwork, Crown of Skemfar and Alpha Status can make Lathril ridiculously big.
Elvish Guidance can be your budget version of Gaea's Cradle.
Elderfang Venom seems better than Bow of Nylea.
Windgrace's Judgment is in my opinion a strictly better Casualties of War because destroing a land can make you an enemy of the table and with Windgrace's Judgment you can answer 3 biggest threats on the battlefield regardless of their type at instant speed.
4 months ago
Hey there : )
Can you edit your deck and put CMDR next to the name of your commander? I think, from your description, that it's Vito, but I'm not certain.
As far as cuts go: Your game plan is life drain and combat damage, so the cuts will be the cards that contribute least to that.
1) Vampiric Rites. Compare this to Altar's Reap: both take 1 slot in the deck, but Vampiric Rites takes 1 extra mana to cast, and gives 1 life instead of 1 card (1 card is worth a lot more than 1 life, bad trade there). The only upside to Vampiric Rites is that it's repeatable, but if you really have so many creatures that you can repeat that effect, your opponents should be dead.
4) Geth's Verdict Unless you play against voltron. This is table dependent, but most of the time sacrifice doesn't really matter unless you have a lot of it.
5) Disfigure (see note on sorin's thirst)
6) Stromkirk Bloodthief - not bad, but we can do better
7) Crossway Troublemakers - Not really that awful on its own, but vampires already have a ton of DT/LL and don't need to gain it. The mana cost is also huge. For 6 mana, you better be like winning the game, and this doesn't do it.
8) Arrogant Outlaw - a rather weak effect TBH
9) Sangromancer not a bad card, just doesn't fit the best here. You need a lot more creature/hand hate to make sangro worth running.
Hope that helps!
4 months ago
6 months ago
Good looking deck so far nice job! some possible addition you can consider is The Chain Veil, since you have a decent amount of planeswalkers. It is on the pricey side, around 10$-15$ but decent for the amount of planeswalkers you have. In terms of demons Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire really good for his "Tutor" ability for about 3$ you can use his power to find any card you want and put it on the top of your library. Some good draw engines you can use that are cheap, is Altar's Reap 2 drop for only 0.15, Read the Bones, and Night's Whisper. Finally is some good removal Feed the Swarm, and Go for the Throat. I hope these help, or at least gives you some ideas.