Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
This enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Plains.
: Add .
, : Create a 1/1 white Human creature token.
Max_Hammer on Shorikai go vroom
4 months ago
So, right now, Commander included, you've got 126 cards. Seeing as you're only 26 over the cap, this shouldn't be too bad.
You might also want to include more fetch lands, too. Flooded Strand, Fabled Passage, and Flood Plain all come with a pretty high price tag, but they're all good.
On the other side of the coin, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Myriad Landscape, Esper Panorama, and Bant Panorama are all cheaper fetch lands that you could use.
Drawing mana late game can be a dead draw a lot of the time, so being able to remove that excess from your deck can be a really nice tool to have, so you can draw just what you want. Maybe take out cards that are fast, but not necessary such as, Skycloud Expanse, Sea of Clouds, Mishra's Factory, and Crawling Barrens.
Potential Land List Show
1x Ancient Den
1x Buried Ruin
1x Mech Hangar
1x Power Depot
1x Flood Plain
Changing it to this (or a list of just 35 mana), should bring us down to 122 cards.
For the rest, I’d say Ondu Inversion Flip, Access Denied, Tezzeret the Seeker, Tezzeret, Artifice Master, Phyrexian Metamorph, Cultivator's Caravan, Invoke Justice, and An Offer You Can't Refuse, all mostly because they’re too expensive.
That leaves you with 109
Okay, so, this decklist is surprisingly tight for being 30~ cards over and I don’t know where to kick the last 9 off. Maybe Artificer Class? Maybe some of the creatures/vehicles? Idunno, good luck.
Unlife on Elas / Lurrus
5 months ago
This is great, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a similar idea. Personally I do prefer Ayil over Elas for the commander, but thats mostly because I like holding a threat over an opponent when I pass my turn. Castle Ardenvale and Castle Locthwain are both great mana sinks when you're flooded, and Damn can function as either targeted removal or a board wipe.
Shameless self-promotion below.
kamarupa on White Therefore Superior
7 months ago
I'd move Sundering Growth the sideboard and cut Renewed Faith. If you want/"need?" lifegain, then Soul's Attendant/Soul Warden seem like the obvious choices.
Increase the number of lands to 23, including Castle Ardenvale and possibly Hall of Heliod's Generosity.
I think you need more token spells for Slate of Ancestry to be worthwhile. Tezzeret's Gambit is among the best draw-card spells you can get in mono-white. Unless you want to spend the big bucks on Esper Sentinel.
Anointed Procession seems like a good fit, though even pricier than the Sentinel.
Apollo_Paladin on Party in the forest!
11 months ago
I would focus on some cheaper (mana-cost) token creation spells to play off of all your synergies here a bit sooner. Gilded Goose isn't bad for early mana ramp, and he's got a repeatable trigger for your Academy Manufactor.
It's also really hard with all of your doubling enchantments to avoid suggesting adding in a splash of Black (provided you've got the dual lands for it) and adding in a couple Revel in Riches to add an additional win condition to your build with all of those tokens you can create.
A Revel to Riches build would let you add in things like Prying Blade that could help towards a win condition later in the game as well as speeding your mana generation (and token creation triggers) up in the early game.
Even if you don't end up splashing black, White has some pretty decent low mana cost token creation cards like Castle Ardenvale (useful for when you run out of a hand), Raise the Alarm, Servo Exhibition, and Cathar's Call. You already have some decent cards in your build, I think just some supplemental cards to keep taking advantage of at least 1 of them each turn is going to be your best bet here.
legendofa on Harsh Mentor and tapping lands
11 months ago
Anything with a : colon is an activated ability. Lands with basic land types don't always have the rules text written out, but they inherently have ": Add (color)."
Any activated ability that generates mana is a mana ability, including that of lands. Birds of Paradise and Dimir Signet are non-lands with mana abilities.
Final answer: Harsh Mentor won't deal damage if your opponent taps land to add mana. If they activate an ability of the land that isn't a mana ability (for example, Raging Ravine's creature ability or Castle Ardenvale's token creation), H.Mentor would deal its damage.
DrSnipy on Liesa
1 year ago
Utility Lands I would add: Temple of the False God, Radiant Fountain, Castle Ardenvale, Castle Locthwain, Command Tower, Caves of Koilos, Orzhov Basilica,Rogue's Passage, Seraph Sanctuary, Temple of Silence and Labyrinth of Skophos
JackMinds on Soul Sisters
1 year ago
Your deck is like a classic Soul Sisters. On these last years, some new good stuff came to improve this deck. I'm obligated to recommend you some cards:
- Ranger-Captain of Eos: Like Ranger of Eos, but exchange card advantage for 1 less mana and some sort of control buying you a turn against some combos, like Gifts Storm and Ad Nauseam decks, for example. Good to sidedeck, but you can also run some copies on main deck along with the original Ranger of Eos.
- Voice of the Blessed: As soon as possible, exchange all your Ajani's Pridemate, especially because it's a monowhite Soulsisters, unless you're playing it on Selesnya variants. Obvious reasons.
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride: The best planeswalker for Soul sisters, by the way. His first and last loyalty abilities are really helpful, also his second loyalty ability gives "Ajani's Pridemate" tokens. An unsanswered Ajani can win some games, so if possible, run 2 or 3 copies.
- Castle Ardenvale: Land with token generation. Good especially on late game (issues as card advantage for short hands, no spells remaining and/or mana flood).
Some other stuff too:
- Daxos, Blessed by the Sun: Another soul-like card. Lifegain events are triggered both when creatures ETB or dies, for 1 more mana and is legendary. Like Auriok Champion, it won't die to Lightning Bolt.
- Solitude: An alternative to Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares.
- Path of Bravery or Force of Virtue: Alternatives for Honor of the Pure.
xlebec on Life Force
1 year ago
- 3x Authority of the Consuls
- 2x Bloodchief's Thirst
- 4x Voice of the Blessed
- 2x Infernal Grasp
- 3x Skyclave Apparition
- 3x Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
- 1x Fracture
- 3x Tormod's Crypt
- 1x Drannith Magistrate
- 2x Ajani, Strength of the Pride
- 2x Bloodthirsty Aerialist
- 2x Murderous Rider
- 1x Castle Ardenvale
- 1x Teferi's Protection
- 4x Vampire of the Dire Moon
- 3x Gods Willing
- 3x Hallowed Priest
- 1x Baneslayer Angel
- 1x Consecrate / Consume
- 2x Duress
- 1x Settle the Wreckage
- 1x Phyrexian Arena
|Want (7)||Pumpernickel_McSwagnugget , mitchman502 , Jayce_Ran , Aizakku , Amaterasu312 , Lunar_Wing , poisonparcel|