Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
: Add .
, , Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card.
2 months ago
The problem with Blood Artist and Kitchen Finks is that protean hulk has a cost limit of 6 and with the other cards they just cant fit into gap. I ruled out Smothering Abomination a while ago because I don't always have something that I want to sac to sac at my upkeep. Rhystic Tutor has always been filler for another tutor, I think Traverse the Ulvenwald could fit well here, because even if we already have the hulk, we can still tutor up a land to make sure we hit our drops. Wishclaw Talisman has always been interesting. You could target whoever has the least interaction, use a different tutor if you can find one, or really just pray to god that your opponents are too selfish to want removal and rely on one of the many backup win-cons. As for the first two tutors you mentioned, too slow for a turn 7 win or earlier. Primal Command is a good suggestion but I have tried to cut back on 5+ tutors cuz I don't wanna have my tutor countered right before turn 6 (The most important turn ). Only reason Final Partings in here is because it tutors up the infinite turn combo very nicely. Grim Backwoods costs 4 mana and a creature to draw a single card so I don't think it'll be included here. Burnished Hart is just more ramp that I don't exactly depend on and Morbid Curiosity is an intriguing card that ill continue to consider. Does the protean hulk trigger go on top of the stack or does the morbid go first?
2 months ago
I love your deck! It looks really cool and fun to play, and you certainly do a better job of explaining how your deck works than I do with mine.
Citanul Flute could work, but Protean Hulk costs seven mana, so it'd take longer than other tutors. Corpse Connoisseur is another possibility, but again, Protean hulk costs seven mana so it'd be difficult to get with your commander. Primal Command could work well, as well as Traverse the Ulvenwald. Morbid Curiosity, Smothering Abomination, Grim Backwoods, and Burnished Hart all might work.
Now for cards to remove. I will say that Rhystic Tutor is a staggeringly bad card, and if your opponent knows how your deck works, they will almost always pay the. Wishclaw Talisman allows you to search for your combo pieces, but could also allow opponents to search for just the right card to counter your combo. I haven't really playtested your deck much, so I can't really see any other weak cards just by looking at the decklist.
I'll also say that I'm not as experinced a Magic player as I made myself sound, so be careful when taking my advice. And you know your deck much better than I do, so you probably know that some of the cards I sugggested won't work.
3 months ago
This deck is looking pretty good. I noticed though you don't have a lot of artifact and enchantment hate. Cards you may want to consider include, but are not limited to, Broken Bond, Casualties of War, Caustic Caterpillar, Gleeful Sabotage and Storm the Citadel. Thelon of Havenwood would be a boon for your deck with all the fungus with spore counters on them. As for lands Karn's Bastion would increase your spore counters and Grim Backwoods allows for a reusable sacrifice engine. I hope this helps. Happy Hunting!
10 months ago
Duskwielder > Essence Warden Briarblade Adept > Elvish Dreadlord Kazandu Nectarpot > Evolution Sage Taunting Arbormage > Skemfar Avenger Nissa, Genesis Mage > Reclamation Sage Fyndhorn Elves > Arbor Elf Haunted Cloak > Nim Deathmantle Foul Orchard > Wirewood Lodge Golgari Guildgate > Grim Backwoods Witherbloom Campus > Field of Ruin Forest > Evolving Wilds Pride of the Perfect > Black Market Crown of Skemfar > Asceticism Enslave > Dictate of Erebos Tangletrap > Assassin's Trophy Crushing Vines > Putrefy Feed the Serpent > Deadly Rollick Inspire Awe > Obscuring Haze Bladebrand > Feign Death Harvest Season > Kindred Summons Gruesome Fate > Kindred Dominance Return from Extinction > Torment of Hailfire
Bloom Tender > Sol Ring Elderleaf Mentor > Arcane Signet Eyeblight Cullers > Rampant Growth Greenseeker > Key to the City Wildborn Preserver > Three Visits Springbloom Druid > Farseek Silhana Ledgewalker > Rogue's Passage Lys Alana Bowmaster > Beast Within Seedborn Muse > Whispersilk Cloak Rishkar, Peema Renegade > Door of Destinies Wildheart Invoker > Darksteel Plate
1 year ago
Thoughts on these? Alpha Status , Crown of Skemfar , Ivy Lane Denizen , Fallen Ideal , Vicious Betrayal , Awakening , Illusionist's Bracers , Patron of the Orochi , Vitalize , Elvish Guidance , Druids' Repository , Cryptolith Rite , Song of Freyalise , Toski, Bearer of Secrets , Grim Backwoods , Priest of Forgotten Gods
1 year ago
Have you considered Grim Backwoods ? A land that works as a sacrifice engine would allow you to keep a spot open for a creature with a trigger effect.
1 year ago
This looks fun. You might like these: Cauldron of Souls , Corpsejack Menace , The Ozolith , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Cauldron Haze , Strionic Resonator , Panharmonicon , Hydra's Growth , Invigorating Surge , Solidarity of Heroes , Grim Backwoods , Burning-Rune Demon
1 year ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.