: Gain .
, , Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Grim Backwoods Discussion
1 month ago
Thoughts on these? Alpha Status , Crown of Skemfar , Ivy Lane Denizen , Fallen Ideal , Vicious Betrayal , Awakening , Illusionist's Bracers , Patron of the Orochi , Vitalize , Elvish Guidance , Druids' Repository , Cryptolith Rite , Song of Freyalise , Toski, Bearer of Secrets , Grim Backwoods , Priest of Forgotten Gods
2 months ago
Have you considered Grim Backwoods ? A land that works as a sacrifice engine would allow you to keep a spot open for a creature with a trigger effect.
3 months ago
This looks fun. You might like these: Cauldron of Souls , Corpsejack Menace , The Ozolith , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Cauldron Haze , Strionic Resonator , Panharmonicon , Hydra's Growth , Invigorating Surge , Solidarity of Heroes , Grim Backwoods , Burning-Rune Demon
6 months ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
SynergyBuild on None
10 months ago
For recursive lands: Mystic Sanctuary (Dumb Good), Witch's Cottage, Mortuary Mire all work once, but with flickerable effects it's all fine, and you can sacrifice Buried Ruin, Petrified Field, Sequestered Stash. Hall of Heliod's Generosity/Academy Ruins are insane in the right decks, and Emeria, The Sky Ruin is busted in the late game. Mistveil Plains sort of works as recursion, and is repeatable, but is best with tutors and tutor chains. Even Unholy Grotto works amazingly in zombie decks!
(Nonbudget versions would be like Volrath's Stronghold)
Removal is plentiful on lands, but pretty specific. Blast Zone is a favorite of mine, and is dumb good. Ghost Quarter, Field of Ruin, Dust Bowl, Encroaching Wastes, Memorial to War, and Tectonic Edge all deal with lands. Arena, Barbarian Ring, Blighted Gorge, Cabal Pit, Desert, Keldon Megaliths, Keldon Necropolis, Mouth of Ronom, Rath's Edge, Grasping Dunes, Ifnir Deadlands, and Quicksand are good against creatures, and some walkers.
1 year ago
Nice list! You might like these: Nature's Revolt, Squandered Resources, Cauldron of Souls, Blighted Woodland, Jund Panorama, Grim Backwoods, Pitiless Plunderer (this guy is really cool cuz sacking the treasures triggers Mazirek), Fleshbag Marauder, Tribute to the Wild, Nim Devourer (you can sack the nim to itself for its ability, so it essentially gives you the ability to pay BB: put a + counter on all your dudes), Sporeback Troll, Oona's Blackguard, Winding Constrictor
1 year ago
Also, what if I replaced Bramblecrush with Mythos of Nethroi? Bramblecrush is an excellent card, but it is a sorcery, whereas Mythos of Nethroi is an instant, and, while it is nice to be able to destroy an annoying land, I feel that having a lower converted mana cost and being able to be cast at any time are more important.
1 year ago
If you're concerned with overall CMC of the deck I would replace the Aura Mutation with Mythos of Nethroi and counter-balance it by replacing Armadillo Cloak with Dragon Fangs. You do lose the life-gain and it does give less power and toughness, but it's not a 1-time effect as you can always enchant your commander with it from the graveyard for free. Having consistent trample would really help your commander in being able to trigger his effect after all and you have plenty of other ways to give lifelink as well.
With that change the total CMC of your deck would stay the same as you're swapping a 2-cost and 3-cost for a 3-cost and a 2-cost.