Sacrifice any number of lands. Search your library for that many land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
|Have (2)||thirdwhirly , IcyLightning|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 month ago
Hey man I LOVE THIS BUILD. Definitely a +1 from me! My deck is very similar and I’d love for you to check it out!
Here are my recommendations. They should all make sense. Just depends on if you think they’d be a good include:
Scapeshift because that card draw with your commander out would be sick!
Splendid Reclamation because it’s be great to recover all those sacrificed lands and sacrifice them again!
Squandered Resources because it’s a WAY BETTER land sac outlet than Zuran Orb or any other land sac outlet.
I’d LOVE to hear your thoughts and recommendations for my deck. Here’s the link:
1 month ago
As far as newer player decks go, this is far more together than I expected. It should be perfect for casual play. The tutor package that can look for removal or threats is a solid spine for the deck.
In terms of cards to consider that are cheap and still do well, I'd look at Ayula, Queen Among Bears as a removal etc option, which plays nice with changeling effects that can take advantage of samaruai synergies.
Mangara of Corondor is a feature of classic lists, loving blink effects and sacrifice to break the symetry of his effect.
Vivien's Arkbow never found its place in competitive lists, but still puts creatures from your deck on the battlefield, which plays really nice with the existing tutor package.
Blackblade Reforged points to legendary land synergies, but legendaries that put lands into play have had their price pushed up by commander and Scapeshift decks. For that price reason, I will reccomend against becoming a Kamahl's Druidic Vow ramp deck.
Bushido likes being blocked by a lot of creatures, making Lure effects strong, but samarai isn't well represented as a tribe. This means that it would need to fill out ranks with your Changeling Hero type cards.
Finally, the biggest piece of advice- cards aren't expensive because they are good, they are expensive because they are in short supply, and everyone needs lands. Making your manabase good is the place to invest money - there are cool, format warping, cards at $0.20, but to play them you need good lands. Look for lands as they rotate out of standard and pick them up - they'll be cheapest as there is a spike in supply, and after a few set rotations you'll have a solid set of cards to build from.
1 month ago
1empyrean yeah although...can u make it through without Scapeshift ?
1 month ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
1 month ago
I think the biggest thing to consider with a Lord Windgrace deck is that he, primarily noting from my own experience, is best as a midrange deck. Taking the first few turns to just ramp and get supports in place so that you can use him to start filtering your deck to find a wincon. To keep it under budget? A lot of changes you can do, start by replacing the fetches with cheaper alternatives, things like Evolving Wilds and Jund Panorama so you get landfall triggers. You'll probably have a lot more basic lands, so things like Cultivate , Kodama's Reach , and Boundless Realms can all help. A general wincon could be Scapeshift , Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove / Prismatic Omen . You generate a ton of mana usually, so pairing something like Zendikar Resurgent with a life drain effect such as Exsanguinate / Torment of Hailfire could also work. If you want to keep yourself safe early on, bump up the number of removal/board wipes to 10-12, they will generally be a bit cheaper in terms of $$ and you can use them in between ramping. I'll link my own Lord Windgrace deck below. It was build over a few years and is pretty expensive, but I usually have good sucess with it, and hopefully you can pull out some ideas.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 65 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Good luck, I hope this helps.
2 months ago
I'll include some recommendations if you're interested:
Tokens: Thinking along the lines of MOAR TOKENS, Second Harvest and Rhys the Redeemed . You could also consider Call the Coppercoats , Deploy to the Front , and Nomads' Assembly . Awakening Zone , Giant Adephage is fun.
Trample: I'd recommend Nylea, God of the Hunt if you're willing to shell out the extra bit.
Protection: Fanatical Devotion
2 months ago
2 months ago
I like this, put a single dragon in.
This makes searching for thrumming feel a lot better- it gives you two win conditions; cast a thrumming stone or see 5 approaches with Seasoned pyromancer.
While I'd love to reccomend Lightning Shrieker for this spot as this is likely the only deck that likes its drawback, Thundermaw Hellkite , Velomachus Lorehold or Bogardan Hellkite , with sideboard Chromium, the Mutable or Steel Hellkite is going to feel better to play.
In terms of consistently ramping to 5, there are a few budget red green lists that use the 'ramp to Stormbreath Dragon or Glorybringer ' plan to look at for ideas. Generally speaking its some combination of elf, sprawl, Mind Stone (which dodges a lot of removal), and various Elvish Mystic variants.
The trick is going to be filtering and lands - If this is to be a budget deck, I'd go all in on mono red - elf/sprawl is great but just casting Skirk Prospector , Wild Cantor Desperate Ritual and mana rocks will work. Red green will mean moving more heavily into green - looking at casting things like Harrow or Search for Tomorrow , but much of red/green mana is balanced around silly cards like Wrenn and Six or Scapeshift , making a competing mana base tricky to judge - elves' dorks aren't just good because they make mana, they are good because they also are creatures to give stats and trample to.
You are going to want to look really carefully at the balance between land/approach/other - I'm not sure what the most space efficient way to ramp to 5 is with that in mind - I could see this being blue artifact ramp, where you Reshape for thrumming (functionally getting 8+ copies of your combo piece)- it'd take some testing.
Finally, the biggest hurdle and oppertunity. Surgical Extraction . If you are in a meta where it is sideboarded, you need it yourself. You can extract the thing they extract to deny a target, and can set up a transformative 'exile all approaches' sideboard where you are suddenly a 40 card stompy ramp deck with a high proportion of answers.