|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Realms (V12)||Mythic Rare|
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Boseiju, Who Shelters All
Boseiju, Who Shelters All enters the battlefield tapped.
, Pay 2 life: Add to your mana pool. If that mana is spent on an instant or sorcery spell, that spell can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Boseiju, Who Shelters All Discussion
11 hours ago
Quick addendum after some more playtesting!
Some more thoughts on the long-term future of the deck, and some quality-of-life improvements:
- Boseiju, Who Shelters All : while it doesn't stop a Venser, Shaper Savant , it does stop the vast majority of counters from interacting with a big Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire . This doesn't feel great though as an early game draw, and the land base does feel a little stretched at the moment. This might not be an inclusion until after another lookover of the land base.
- Volrath's Stronghold : This could be a land substitute for Journey to Eternity Flip, allowing you to recycle creatures without having to go through the two-step process of flipping the aura.
- Beseech the Queen : Another possible tutor that can hit anything in the deck including land, not a bad topdeck lategame to find a finisher.
- Veil of Summer : I'm not 100% sold on this but it makes your spells uncounterable for a turn, on top of this it stops most spells that interact with land (such as Assassin's Trophy and Vindicate ) on top of stopping blue targeted bounce effects like Venser, Shaper Savant .
- Mirage Mirror : I was initially skeptical of this card, however after seeing it in play I'm not against it's inclusion in this archetype, the main consideration will be what is the appropriate cut?
Nevertheless, I think the deck is hitting a nice balance of keeping true to theme but remaining competitiveness at the moment.
1 week ago
Also, again, Tooth and Nail has good synergy with this type of deck. Another thing you should invest in is a Cavern of Souls and a Boseiju, Who Shelters All . Yarok will likely be tagged by counter spells on cast, so Carvern will prevent that. Boseiju is for your big scary spells, like flood of tears, rite of replication, cyclonic rift, or villainous wealth.
1 week ago
It's not dumb, it is a weird card to have in there.
1 week ago
Pikobyte haha to be honest, I didn't even know about Defense of the Heart . But yeah that totally beats Tooth and Nail when it comes to cost reduction on the Mike and Trike combo. I'd say the only reason now that I might keep Tooth and Nail around is because it can be secondary insurance plan especially when cast with Boseiju, Who Shelters All . What card peeked our interest and are testing out now? just wondering :)
3 weeks ago
Just got my hands on the Goblin Engineer . I’m putting it in for the Sad Robot since it’s the one artifact I can’t tutor with the engineer. I traded for Boseiju, Who Shelters All . I’m swapping this in for Temple of the False God because the temple is worthless in the early game which is when I tend to find it. And when you are sacrificing your lands it can be terrible late game as well.
1 month ago
Hey VexenX, I really wouldn’t consider cutting Chord of Calling . I’ve been running Green Sun's Zenith almost solidly in this deck since it's inception right when Omnath, Locus of Rage came out and I would not underestimate our only instant speed to the battlefield tutor. I personally cut Sylvan Scrying for Elvish Reclaimer , still waiting to see if this was the correct choice but I think I value to the battlefield higher than to the hand in general even it's a little slow etc. I’d also agree with GeminiSpartanX regarding non-basic tutors. For me Traverse the Outlands is only a recent addition to the deck, I did not run it for the longest time as it was dependant on boardstate so isn't always relevant, however, that said it has been consistently strong since its inclusion in my deck. My meta's full of blue players so for me tutoring out Boseiju, Who Shelters All or Cavern of Souls is very important. If you inlcude Green Sun's Zenith then you may want to prioritise creature versions of our cards as we can tutor them into play, I for example run Sylvan Safekeeper over Lightning Greaves and had been running World Shaper too for that reason.
1 month ago
Beebles While i was looking at your primer it seemed you thought very highly of Purphoros, God of the Forge . I see the potential for him with Avenger of Zendikar and my other token-makers, but he seems a little predictable and draws a lot of attention to myself. Plus, he isn't as easily tutorable since he's red... how do you make the most of him playing your deck?
Also, thank you very much for the suggestions. Are there any cards you feel like i could remove for them? I've been leaning towards removing Nissa, Vital Force and Life from the Loam . However, I know life is very good for my cycling lands (i only run two, but it still gets pretty good value combined with a fetch or two), and Nissa's emblem can really help my deck go off. I'd like to add in Forgotten Cave and Boseiju, Who Shelters All , but as you know it is extremely hard to find lands to cut, especially having to keep our mountain count in mind for Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle .
Thanks in advance for the second opinion!
1 month ago
Nice! If you face a lot of blue control you could consider adding cards like Boseiju, Who Shelters All , Dosan the Falling Leaf or Vexing Shusher . My meta is quite light on blue or combo decks, so I haven’t had to add such cards yet. But I agree about the weaknesses you mention. Curious to see how your list will evolve. +1 from me ;).
Boseiju, Who Shelters All occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%