Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
: Add .
, : Thespian's Stage becomes a copy of target land and gains this ability.
1 month ago
You may want to consider Cloudpost and Glimmerpost for additional acceleration since you're already running Vesuva and Thespian's Stage. I've seen them perform as well as the Urza lands with some luck, potentially ramping to 9 mana turn 3. (T1 Cloudpost T2 Vesuva T3 Glimmerpost) The Locuses are a great way to make those copy lands even more consistent.
1 month ago
I'm still assembling the deck (expect the last pieces to be in my hands this week)
- I like Mazemind Tome, but will need to playtest it before making a cut call on that. If that goes out, I'll probably replace it with Rise of the Eldrazi.
- Don't want to get rid of Karn Liberated. I like him, and I have a borderless version I want to see table time.
- Blinkmoth Well, does not seem that important to me. Arch of Orazca is for sure a cut candidate. Could make room for Sensei's Divining Top.
- Yeah, no change
- Not win more. Adds a nicely scaling ramp at X >7, would not be without it. Voltaic Key combo is just a bonus, but cutting it would reduce value of adding Voltaic Key in the first place.
- Not going to cut Rogue's Passage. I feel I owe the table (and myself) some way to make those Eldrazi count! But I may be able to drop lands, just not too happy about it
- Budget is not a real concern, and I do have a metalworker somewhere. I don't think it will add enough to the deck, as I want my artifacts on the table and not in hand.
- Drownyard Temple is for sure not important. Can also do without Sanctum of Eternity though.
- I can't really find a good use case for Rise of the Eldrazi. I do think Artisan of Kozilek carries its weight with Annihilator 2. But could be a valid swap. They are both candidates for swapping in ulamog, the ceasless hunger
I guess potential changes could be:
- Arch of Orazca -> Sensei's Divining Top (semi-mitigated by ability to dig for more lands)
- Drownyard Temple -> Voltaic Key (semi-mitigated by ability to generate mana with 2+ rocks)
- Tyrite Sanctum (or just give up on the Urza's lands) -> Blinkmoth Well
- I want to find room for a Dark Depths, just because Thespian's Stage, but deep down I know it's not feasible!
3 months ago
That's right. Since Vesuva becomes a copy "as" it enters the battlefield, the ability that makes Dark Depths enter with counters will be applied. Thespian's Stage, the usual combo with Depths, gets around this by already being on the battlefield when it becomes a copy.
4 months ago
You might like these: Cabal Ritual, You Are Already Dead, Mirrodin Avenged, Locket of Yesterdays, Expedition Map, Black Market, Revel in Riches, Extraplanar Lens, Manascape Refractor, Lithoform Engine, Doubling Cube, Vesuva, Deserted Temple, Thespian's Stage, Beseech the Queen, Exsanguinate
4 months ago
I'm curious why you don't want Thespian's Stage on this deck, because that card might be the final four cards you might be looking for. Is it because of moon effects? If that's the case I suggest switching to the stock BG Turbo Depths list. Green will give you additional tutor in Crop Rotation and also sideboard cards like Abrupt Decay to fight moon effects. Also related to moon effects, I suggest playing at least 1 basic land for each color in your deck.
4 months ago
For cabal stronghold, you need 4 basics swamps to net you 1 extra mana and 5 basics swamps to net you 2 extra mana. Assuming you actually draw cabal stronghold and nothing but basics, its a nice little bump. But the cost of the slot in your deck vs. the actual benefit is too much IMO. How often one would reliably actually get just stronghold and nothing but swamps in the early game? Seems unlikely.
Regarding Lili, I see your point. On paper, it seems like a solid card to add. You said you got the shell down, have you had any games in your meta? Would love to know her actual impact on games, times she was clutch, a waste, something in between, etc....
Eon Hub - This was super interesting the moment I saw this card many years ago. I get the point, bypass losing 3 life. You have atleast 4 cards that are anti synergy and 1 or 2 that are direct synergy, so I'm a bit mixed.
Profane Transfusion > Soul Conduit. More cost up front but can't be telegraphed, although the token might be an issue, or a benefit depending on the situation.
Necro + Venser's journal - Nice. I do wonder if it's worth adding venser solely for that synergy alone, especially given you don't run a lot of card draw. Syphon Mind is worth considering. Cheap $ and mana for you to draw 3 cards and each opponent discard 1. Another card draw spell to consider is Peer into the Abyss. Given you are already suicide black so to speak, this might be worth considering. Even more fun to use a soul conduit or profane transfusion after.
I notice crucible of worlds and no fetchlands, I'm assuming that's due to life loss and/or $. You are playing black, so I'm surprised you don't add more big black mana. Swapping out Dust Bowl for Thespian's Stage would be helpful to copy coffers, opposing utility land, cathedral of war, deserted temple, etc... (Also unrelated note: Deserted Temple + Rings + Coffers = Infinite black mana). If you do end up removing dust bowl, crucible should go with it, thus freeing more slots. Speaking of big black mana, Bubbling Muck might be worth considering. Do be careful playing this with urborg.
Damnation - Cheaper boardwipe, is there a specific reason why your using deadly tempest and killing wave over damnation? Another board wipe that might be up your alley is The Meathook Massacre. It removes creatures, pings them and heals you.
Deliver Unto Evil - Not needed but I like it. Politics. Bring you back a combo piece, a draw spell, removal, utility, etc.... Black has many ways to recur creatures, few to return non-creature cards. Speaking of creatures, if you are interested in more recursion (aside from Yawgmoth's Will), Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed works lovely with corpse dance. Not an entirely serious suggestion but worth noting.
My apologies for the wall of text, can't wait to hear your thoughts. I love discussing deck card choices and maximizing value/efficiency when possible. Your deck seems lovely. Most people will do a double take at your commander which is nice, love playing more older, unique commanders :)
5 months ago
hope this is hopefully helpful i like this commander
5 months ago
For those that are curious on the changes I made to the deck
What I'm taking out: Show
What I'm putting in to replace it: Show
I also plan on changing out some other lands, but above are the utility lands only.