Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
Legendary Planeswalker — Sorin
As long as it's your turn, creatures and planeswalkers you control have lifelink.
+2: Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord deals 1 damage to target player or planeswalker.
-X: Return target creature with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature is a Vampire in addition to its other types.
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Rare|
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord occurrence in decks from the last year
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord Discussion
1 week ago
Out: Cabal Coffers & Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
In: Brightclimb Pathway Flip & Savai Triome
The Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth combo is really hard to pull off in a 3 color deck. Especially, with this mana base in mardu. Therefore, I decided to cut both lands and replace them with some newer which are a great addition to this deck.
Out: Merciless Eviction
In: Kindred Dominance
Even though this board wipe will cost one more mana, it will be worth it, since it's going to be totally one sided for the most part. I'll also add more single target removal for other permanents, to make up for this change. I decided on this swap, since I tend to not use Merciless Eviction, because it will wipe my board and exile my great vampire lords aswell.
Out: Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord
In: Nighthawk Scavenger
This plainswalker didn't do much in the last games for me. Most of my vampires are so cheap, that his ult didn't help me mana wise at all. His other effects are nice, but not particular amazing. The newly printed Nighthawk Scavenger on the other hand is going to be a real powerhouse. It's a better version of Vampire Nighthawk, 90% of the time and I really like both of them.
Out: Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
In: Eldrazi Monument
Vito didn't help this deck much at all. I think he is a trap. I also noticed, that I don't run Exquisite Blood anyway, so this combo isn't an option currently, either. This deck's biggest problem are boardwipes, so I think Eldrazi Monument will be a great addition in order to protect my army of bloodsuckers.
Out: Fellwar Stone
In: Idol of Oblivion
Ramp isn't as big of a problem. Even though we are in Mardu, most of the cards are low costed. So I can efford to take out one piece of ramp. Card Draw on the other hand is often a problem. Therefore, I'll test Idol of Oblivion, since it only costs 2 mana and can draw you one additional card each turn, most of the time.
Out: Slayers' Stronghold
In: Myriad Landscape
I noticed that I might cut some utility lands aswell, because sometimes I only draw those and I'm stuck with colorless mana. Since I prefer Vault of the Archangel's effect over Slayers' Stronghold, I'll cut the later one. Myriad Landscape can function as ramp and help me to get more basics out of my deck, which can be nice if I'm in topdeck mode.
Out: Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
In: Nullpriest of Oblivion
Another plaineswalker I'm going to cut, since it doesn't help me with my gameplan, most of the time. The only thing I use is his ult, to recure one vampire at best. Nullpriest of Oblivion can do the same, but is a vampire on it's own and can also come down way earlier if we need damage or more tokens.
1 month ago
You want to be left alone until you can cast your angels. Cards like Thalia, Heretic Cathar & Kambal, Consul of Allocation can help while the other players are going to hate you more. Making it a little harder in the mid/late game. I would defiantly skip Thalia, Heretic Cathar for that reason. Kambal, Consul of Allocation can at least deal damage and gain your life.
Lives are a resource for sure. Just watch out with Vona, Butcher of Magan that he will not suck you dry. That is a woman's job XD.
Killing Wave you want to cast for x is high. Do really want to pay that much life for all your creatures? I would skip this and play a real board wipe.
I think that you will not use Obzedat's Aid very well. You can get back an artifact (mostly ramp in your case) == bad. You can get back a planeswalker (if they got it away once, they can it again if you spent your turn on returning it) == (in my opinion) bad. You can get an enchantment back == good (in some cases). Most of the enchantment won't reach the graveyard. But it can good. You can get back a creature == good for less mana. There are a lot of better regeneration spells. They can be used more or for less.
That is why I would suggest not to play Obzedat's Aid. It is not mana efficient enough versus versatility.
Your creatures will not always be the biggest on the table. But why do you use Ethereal Absolution instead of the cheaper options? Glorious Anthem, Always Watching, Commander's Insignia, Force of Virtue or Spear of Heliod. Graveyard hate is a benefit. But I think you can spend your mana better than that.
True Conviction is good but watch that one. Ask yourself "Do I want to play it? Or do I prefer something else? When is this good and when is it bad?". I think that it is bad in most cases and too late when you need it.
I understand that you want the lifegain and ping from Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord. But know that the -x you can use it on 9 creatures (for now) on the turn it enters the game. Also, remember that the lifegain is only for during your turn. Is it worth it?
I don't think that Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath can give you a lot of value. It can be me but I don't like this card.
Why Elspeth, Sun's Champion? You get tokens for 6 mana or destroy all your creatures and some of the opponent creatures. Is that worth it? Or do you play it because you have it lying around?
For Aetherflux Reservoir you probably will never be high enough with this on the board. You don't cast a lot of spells in a turn so you must be happy if you gain 3 lives in a round from it. This is not the deck for it.
Moonlight Bargain is 5 mana + 10 lives for draw 5. Promise of Power is the better version of it. It is on sorcery speed, but cost 5 lives less and you can also get a big beater from it if you pay extra.
For now I think that you are not using enough instant speed tricks that require you to hold up mana. That makes that when you hold up mana for Batwing Brume there is a big chance that you don't need it now and want to cast it later instead. Making you not spend some mana in the round. I would skip this card.
If I look at the curve then I would think about playing 36/37/38 lands. You need a lot of mana for your creatures and you miss green to ramp well. You can use cards like Hagra Mauling Flip & Ondu Inversion Flip to make it a little easier.
1 month ago
Any reason why you're not running any Sorins?
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord plays into your gain life, hurt them strategy perfectly.
Sorin, Lord of Innistrad consistent token generator.
And lost but not least Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord lets you play free vampires.
2 months ago
im guessing English is not your first language, but it looks like you're asking if lifelink can include noncombat damage, which it can. thats why Soulfire Grand Master can exist, which also shows that the card does not even have to be a creature to have lifelink. if you find a way to give a planeswalker lifelink, then the planeswalker does not even have to be a creature. an example of this can be found in Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord.
2 months ago
Add Dark Tutelage for more draw. You can spare the life.
Additions to consider:
2 months ago
Way too much high CMC stuff in this deck, seems to be more of an expensive battle cruiser. Cut your curve with saccable creatures like Selfless Spirit, Benevolent Bodyguard, and Selfless Savior. You can even recur them with Lurrus of the Dream-Den and Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord. If you want to lean more into aristocrats, also consider Athreos, God of Passage.
Here's my deck list, if you're interested. Papa Karlov
3 months ago
If you'd like some inspiration for your list, I have 2 Orzhov lists you can look at that I like. This one is more in tune with what you're looking to do, this other one is more based discouraging the opponent from doing anything by playing cards that make them lose life for interactions. Might be worth checking out!
- Baneslayer Angel (Good in a vacuum, not great for what this list wants to do. A touch too slow.)
- Tymaret, Chosen from Death (Too cute. Functionally he doesn't bring you closer to your Vito win-con, and his ability isn't really what you'd want to be spending mana on to do so.)
- Ill-Gotten Inheritance (I see what you're going for here, but it also feels too cute. It's not bad, just not fantastic either.
- Basri Ket (He's just making bad cards better. He's unnecessary for your Vito win-con.)
- Evolving Wilds (This can easily be swapped for Fabled Passage, does the same thing but can have lands enter untapped.)
- Radiant Fountain (You're not going to be finding this on the draw, and doesn't really help you otherwise. Might as well swap that for another Swamp)
- Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence (All for these, but for the amount of 1-3 drop creatures you're looking to play, it would seem like you're going to be running into some mana issues. Would absolutely put in some Godless Shrine for this list since you can just heal back the damage it deals anyhow)
- Griffin Aerie (Another cute card. I get what you're going for with it, but I don't know how well it helps you get into your Vito win-con.)
- Light of Hope (Feels a bit niche. Not quite cute, just niche. There's likely better cards than this.)
As a general note, decent cards that make bad cards better aren't the answer. Look at how your win condition is typically met, and find more direct and impactful ways to influence it.
Cards You Got Right
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose (Duh)
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned (Definitely works in your favor, just gotta watch out for your devotion.)
- Mangara, the Diplomat (Interesting card, definitely can serve as a nice draw engine against aggro decks)
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (He's great utility, and 100% sets you up to get a bunch of Vito triggers)
- Healer's Hawk (Staple lifegain creature, is super easy to get down and make use out of)
- Heartless Act or Eliminate (Could be a replacement for Mortify, as both are cheaper and have a little more use)
- Fabled Passage (See above for Evolving Wilds)
- Godless Shrine (See above for Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence)
- Rhox Faithmender (A nice addition to the list, makes the Vito triggers hit even harder)
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride (Nice way to gain life, and he can easily sweep the board if he needs to)
- Ajani's Pridemate and/or Bloodthirsty Aerialist (Plays into that 'Whenever you gain life, put a 1/1 on a creature' thing you seem to like)
3 months ago
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, wasn't active on TappedOut for quite some time.
I've made few changes, add those cards:
Champion of Dusk
Forerunner of the Legion
Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
Legion's Landing Flip
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Harsh Mercy good card but way too many tribal decks in my group
Blood Baron of Vizkopa
Sorin, Solemn Visitor
Comments and suggestions are more than welcomed. Might make some more changes and updates to all of my commander decks.