: Gain .
, : Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
|Want (4)||Kapmm , kompy12 , tjkoivunen , RylexandertheFriendlyGOth|
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gavony Township occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Gavony Township Discussion
1 week ago
Nice deck mate! I especially like Gavony Township, I think I will add it to my deck, cause I also have one full of tokens, feel free to check it out and comment. Maybe you will find some inspirations ;).
From my experience, Beastmaster Ascension is the best buffing enchantment for such deck. It can give you constant +5/+5 for all, beginning from the same turn or next just for 3 mana! I also find Overrun very effective. You can also consider Fungal Rebirth if someone kills your creature or for enemy disenchants. And last - for massive healing Essence Warden or Soul Warden works really great with tokens!
2 weeks ago
I agree with the suggestion for Rebbec, Architect of Ascension or at least include her. In no particular order: They are reprinting Three Visits, which is strictly better than rampant growth. Nature's Lore is good too. Cavalier of Dawn can be used on your own artifacts. Guardian Idol is a good ramp card early and doubles as a Golem. Land Tax is rarely going to be worth it in a green land ramping deck. Maul Splicer is expensive, but trample is good evasion for decent sized golems. Sensor Splicer gives vigilance. Vital Splicer gives the ability to regenerate for 1. It's not great, but is another creature you can bounce for more golems. Ichor Wellspring is a great target for both self destruction and recursion, in case of opponents having no artifacts to destroy. Arcbound Reclaimer for ensuring you get a good draw. Ancient Stone Idol for a really big boi. Ancestral Statue can replay splicers or get rid of bad auras. Also you have a lot of stuff like myrsmith, palladium myr, and I think those might be better served by a couple more treasure/clue/food generation cards. Treasure Map Flip, Prying Blade, or Tireless Tracker, Ulvenwald Mysteries, or Gilded Goose (replacing Avacyns pilgrim). Any decent equipment, but especially a Bloodforged Battle-Axe. Maul of the Skyclaves, Heirloom Blade. Swords are good. And as always: Lightning Greaves Swiftfoot Boots Skullclamp Running a bunch of basics is always cheaper, but if you have a couple of bucks consider the following mostly budget additions. Homeward Path Scattered Groves is cheap and fetchable. Gavony Township for more counters. Gingerbread Cabin for an artifact with your land. Krosan Verge/Myriad Landscapefor mana fixing ramp. Command Tower because it's better than a basic. Path of Ancestry because the splicers are all human. Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Fabled Passage Blighted Woodland Sungrass Prairie Opal Palace
1 month ago
My advice is consider cutting a few land ramp spells and adding some repeatable draw sources such as Valakut Exploration, Garruk's Uprising and Tireless Tracker. Exploration uses landfall to play cards from the top of your library including lands. It can also be graveyard fuel for Trove Warden, Sun Titan and Emeria Shepherd. Uprising is an amazing budget card in Commander with creature strategies especially with Omnath, Locus of Rage and Rampaging Baloths since it triggers when a token is created. Tracker, Mystery Booster version, creates clues with landfall and clues can sac to draw.
Crop Rotation can tutor for any land which is nice with Bounce lands, Fetch lands, Kessig Wolf Run and Gavony Township. Emeria Angel and Scute Swarm are build your own army with landfall which is very good with Doubling Season, Felidar Retreat, Township and Beastmaster Ascension.
Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista are some land upgrades for the manabase because they have good interaction with lots of basic lands and they're two different land types. Farseek, Nature's Lore, Grasslands, Mountain Valley can search for one of these dual lands. Krosan Verge and Skyshroud Claim can get both of them. These Battle lands are $2 or less each at TCGPlayer. Exotic Orchard is a budget Rainbow land that's quite good in multiplayer Commander.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Gruul Guildgate
- Selesnya Guildgate
- Boros Guildgate
- 1x Forest
- Awakening of Vitu-Ghazi
- Beanstalk Giant
- Nissa's Renewal
- Far Wanderings
- Circuitous Route
- Rampant Growth
- Retreat to Kazandu
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
If you do decide to take multimedia advice throw in more buffs Gavony Township, Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers, Hashep Oasis, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Ancient Animus, Dromoka's Command and Vines of Vastwood. Also, you'll need a shuffle titan like Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Dockside Extortionist, Academy Rector, Village Bell-Ringer and Dockside Extortionist to have the loop in your deck
1 month ago
Hey, good budget version of Omnath. Nice Sylvan Library :)
For around $25 you could make several budget improvements. Some budget staples in Commander for four colors to consider adding:
- Sol Ring: at TCGPlayer it's less than $3.
- Command Tower: it's less than $1.
- Arcane Signet: it's less than $3.
- Exotic Orchard
- Canopy Vista: it's less than $2.
- Cinder Glade: it's less than $1.
- Prairie Stream: it's less than $1.
Some budget cards for landfall to consider adding:
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable 2/2 Elementals.
- Felidar Retreat: repeatable counters on all creatures you control including Omnath or repeatable 2/2 Cats.
- Risen Reef: can put a land onto the battlefield tapped or any other card into your hand and has good repeatable interaction with Elementals especially Zendikar's Roil and Omnath, Locus of Rage.
- Harrow: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield untapped.
- Springbloom Druid: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield tapped.
- Llanowar Scout: can play any land from your hand.
- Knight of the Reliquary: repeatable land tutor to search for any land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Growth Spiral
- Simic Growth Chamber
- Gruul Turf
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Izzet Boilerworks
Land ramp that puts two lands onto the battlefield at the same time to trigger Omnath twice is helpful. Chamber, Turf, Sanctuary and Boilerworks are called Bounce lands and they can give you more chances to have lands in your hand to play to trigger landfall. They can also bounce themselves back to your hand which gives you at least one land drop each turn for landfall.
Omnath can benefit from some mana sinks to be able to consistently use the four mana he makes:
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, repeatable trample and pump Omnath's power.
- Gavony Township: it's less than $1, repeatable counters for all creatures you control.
- Rogue's Passage: make Omnath unblockable to do Commander damage.
- Simic Ascendancy: repeatable counters and can be a win condition with counters only needing 20. Has very good interaction with Felidar Retreat and Gavony Township since these put a counter on each creature you control meaning each creature counts as putting one counter on Ascendancy.
- Wargate: Mystery Booster version is less than $2. Tutor for any permanent card and put it onto the battlefield.
If you're interested in these suggestions I offer more advice about cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Solid build +1! I really like Throne of the God-Pharaoh. I never realized how great that would be in a Rhys deck! One card you might like is March of Souls. It always hurts when a board wipe hits but sometimes it has to be done. This card gets rid of those problems while keeping your creature count up.
2 months ago
Hey, good start on a budget, several nice upgrades you've made.
Let me introduce you to Quartzwood Crasher and Garruk's Uprising; two powerful budget cards with Ghired that have excellent interaction. Crasher is good with Ghired because it can create huge Dino tokens to populate and these tokens along with Rhinos have trample. You don't even have to attack with Crasher to make a Dino token; any creatures who have trample who do combat damage to a player counts.
Uprising can do a lot for a three drop, but best of all it's a repeatable draw source whenever you create a Rhino. Any creature or token that's 4 or more power will trigger Uprising to draw. It also gives all creatures you control trample which has busted interaction with Crasher since then any creature you control who does combat damage to a player you create a Dino token.
The main area of improvement in the precon is ramp and lands. You've included several good land upgrades, but only 32 lands is not enough land especially because you want five mana to cast Ghired. My advice is go with 36 lands and include at least 12 ramp sources, more early game ramp sources. Cinder Glade is here twice.
Other budget ramp and lands to consider adding:
- Avacyn's Pilgrim
- Wild Growth
- Faeburrow Elder: can tap for two colors of mana, but if you control a red permanent then it can tap for three colors of mana.
- Nature's Lore: like Farseek it can get a dual land.
- Gruul Signet
- Selesnya Signet
- Boros Signet
- Canopy Vista: so Farseek or Lore can get a dual land white source.
- Rogue's Passage: making Ghired unblockable means he gets to populate and can't be blocked and killed in combat.
- Naya Panorama
- Ash Barrens
I see Eladamri's Call which is an excellent upgrade and this tells me that tutors are fine to play. Other budget tutors to consider adding:
- Fierce Empath: there's many 6 CMC or higher creatures here.
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker: can get Quartzwood Crasher and there's other creatures here with trample.
- Idyllic Tutor: can get Garruk's Uprising or another enchantment.
- Crop Rotation: can get Rogue's Passage or Gavony Township or any other land.
Open the Armory can be a helpful tutor if you add some equipment and aura that can be repeatable protection for Ghired. Lightning Greaves and/or Swiftfoot Boots can give Ghired haste and protect him from opponent's targeted removal. Shield of the Oversoul can protect Ghired with indestructible and give him flying making it safer to attack with him.
I offer more advice about what cards to cut. Would you like more advice?
Good luck with your deck.