Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
As Kindred Boon enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
: Put a divinity counter on target creature you control of the chosen type.
Each creature you control with a divinity counter on it has indestructible.
amarthaler on EDH Vampiric Bloodlust (C17 Precon Upgrade)
4 months ago
In: Phyrexian Tower… Skullclamp… Scapegoat… Visions of Phyrexia… Read the Bones
Out: Drana, the Last Bloodchief… Damnable Pact… Plateau… Stinging Study… Kindred Boon
Phyrexian Tower will pair well with Phyrexian Reclamation for recursion. Skullclamp and Read the Bones are amazing card draw and part of the pre-con's original 99. Visions of Phyrexia comes out 18 Nov and looks awesome.
Max_Hammer on These silly hoomans - Need Help
5 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
Strangelove on Enchantokens copy
6 months ago
-1 Teferi's Moat, etc... You can probably drop ALL the pillowfort and just protect alela. Her deathtouch and tokens will do all the pillowforting you need. I would just run something like Inkshield to swing the game.
-1 Kindred Boon... I think you have enough indestructible and this one costs too much mana
-1 Enduring Renewal... with no way to sacrifice this easily, you can stax yourself
-1 Serra the Benevolent... doesn't really do much (if you like the ult I'd just run Worship)
-1 Netherborn Altar... I think you have enough to protect/ get alela back
-1 Starnheim Courser... yes, yes enchantments, but all I want to see is Alela.
+6 RAMP... lots of ramp on 2 so you can play alela and start running!
All your draw is "if > then a MILLION"... I think it works, but I've been thinking ~5 filter/draw like Impulse, etc (or more tutors) and 5 massive draw engines is the way to go so you can dig through and actually hit your engines. Rn I think you're 50% on playing a value game...
I would choose: enchantress or faeries? Right now you're locked in to go-wide faeries for draw and kill. Enchantress/ pillows probably deserve their own build <3
SufferFromEDHD on Band of the Hawk
7 months ago
Dope concept! Clean and tight list too.
Cavern of Souls, Pyre of Heroes, Harsh Mercy, Kindred Boon, Radiant Destiny, Mirror Entity some tribal cards for your consideration.
Flawless Maneuver you are running a lot of the usual suspects "good stuff" this might be worth a spot.
TheOfficialCreator on Heliods army
7 months ago
Aegis Angel is a good card, don't get me wrong, but currently given the low number of Angels in the deck as a whole and with no Angel tribal, it might be worth looking into Avacyn, Angel of Hope or, some more budget options, Indestructibility, Gift of Immortality, Kindred Boon, Shielded by Faith, Spirit Bonds, or Timely Ward. All of these grant a single creature indestructible for a lower cost, albeit they are not attached to a big flier.
Nothing for Ajani's Pridemate. It's just a good card. If you're interested in other similar cards, Light of Promise, Archangel of Thune, Gideon's Company, Cleric Class, Heliod, Sun-Crowned, Cradle of Vitality, Celestial Unicorn, and Nykthos Paragon are some good ones.
Archetype of Courage seems a bit weak to me personally. Enchantment creature cards with the same mana value that are white and better for your deck (at least from my POV) include Eidolon of Countless Battles and Heliod, Sun-Crowned.
Banisher Priest is good.
Blinding Souleater could easily be replaced by Law-Rune Enforcer, or, if you'd prefer an artifact creature, Burnished Hart is just better in general.
Captain of the Watch and Cataclysmic Gearhulk are both good cards, though the latter doesn't seem to work too awfully well with your deck. I would consider putting in another destroy boardwipe such as Wrath of God or Fumigate.
Chardalyn Dragon is pretty bad, even for an artifact flier. Other fliers with the same mana value include Adarkar Valkyrie, Admonition Angel, Ancestor Dragon, Angelic Skirmisher, Archon of Coronation, Aven Brigadier, Empyrial Storm, et cetera... white is ton of amazing fliers! Put 'em to good use! XD If you specifically want an artifact creature to replace it, Wurmcoil Engine is a good one.
Consul's Shieldguard... see the Aegis Angel comments.
Court Street Denizen... see the Blinding Souleater comments, though this one is better so it's definitely worth keeping around if you want.
Drillworks Mole is a cool card. Basri Ket, Felidar Retreat, and Cathars' Crusade are good too.
Eldrazi Devastator is actually a card I used to run in my decks as a finisher. I would recommend something like Finale of Glory as an alternative that you can really sink your mana into.
Felidar Cub is nice, but War Priest of Thune is strictly better.
Glint-Sleeve Artisan is interesting, and I see how it plays into a bit of your artifact synergies, but if you want that, just use an artifact creature like Adaptive Automaton, Cloudsteel Kirin, or Etched Champion.
Heliod's Pilgrim has a good effect and it's flavorful, just keep in mind you only have two Auras in the deck.
Inspiring Overseer and Knight of the White Orchid are good.
Kozilek's Channeler is a decent card, but given you like small creatures I'm not sure that paying extra for a big body is a great benefit. Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo, Arcane Signet, and if you want to splurge Pearl Medallion are all good ramp in white.
Lagonna-Band Elder can be replaced by one of the cards I told you about in my previous comment.
From there, all your cards are great until Soulmender, which again can be replaced by one of the cards in my previous comment, or even Fountain of Renewal. Same with Stone Haven Medic and Sungrace Pegasus.
Toolcraft Exemplar is a really cool card that I have NEVER seen before. If it's working well for you, you should try out Serra Ascendant as well. It runs in a similar vein.
Welcoming Vampire is good too.
Celestial Flare could be replaced by Silence.
Dauntless Onslaught could be replaced by Charge, Bastion Protector, Benalish Marshal, Ethereal Guidance, Glorious Anthem, Guardians' Pledge, or Path of Bravery.
Divine Verdict could just be replaced by plain removal, like Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Journey to Nowhere, Cast Out, Conclave Tribunal, or Oblivion Ring.
Feat of Resistance is nice.
Gideon's Reproach - see Divine Verdict's feedback.
Gods Willing is good.
Kill Shot - see Divine Verdict's feedback. Actually, for the rest of these cards see that and Dauntless Onslaught's feedback.
Aligned Hedron Network is good.
Cloak of the Bat and Hero's Blade - see Dauntless Onslaught's feedback, but also Commander's Plate.
Spidersilk Net doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you want another 0-mana artifact, look no further than Mishra's Bauble.
Font of Vigor - see previous comment
Siegecraft - Eldrazi Conscription is one of the best auras in the game, but Battle Mastery is nice too
Not Forgotten - Rest in Peace, Ashnod's Altar
Sunlance - any other removal that I've mentioned
Also consider Sphere of Safety.
I hope all this helps! ^^" it took a bit to write up but I think it'll help introduce you to some staples and ways about thinking about deckbuilding and power level. I sent you a friend request so that we can keep in touch and so that I can see and help you with your future decks!
dragonstryke58 on What Type of creature, if …
8 months ago
If you need to give your enchantment creatures indestructible with Kindred Boon and Starfield of Nyx and are not limited to just white as your color identity, you could always add enchantments that grant all your creatures a creature type like Arcane Adaptation, Xenograft, or Conspiracy.
rockwarlock on What Type of creature, if …
8 months ago
I should clarify that Kindred Boon is the protection for Starfield of Nyx. The question kind of seemed to insinuate the other way around.
rockwarlock on What Type of creature, if …
8 months ago
I'm thinking of using Kindred Boon in my enchantment EDH deck with Starfield of Nyx for protection, but Kindred Boon requires a creature type which and I do not see what the creature type for animated Starfield of Nyx creatures is.
Is there a creature type or does the interaction not work because they're just generic creatures?
|Have (3)||Falcawn , metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|