As Kindred Boon enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
: Put a divinity counter on target creature you control of the chosen type.
Each creature you control with a divinity counter on it has indestructible.
|Have (2)||Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Kindred Boon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Kindred Boon Discussion
1 week ago
I love a player who goes for the flavor win, but I also feel like you could do more to really focus the mechanical identity of your deck.
Cats are associated strongly with equipment, which Ajani plays into with +1/+1 counters, which are also good for beefing up one's creatures. The issue with that is you essentially have 54 deck slots to split between creatures, equipment, ramp, removal, and card draw.
You could also just do tribal. Though cats do not have many lords (the only one you don't have is Regal Caracal), general tribal cards such as Herald's Horn, Adaptive Automaton, Shared Animosity, the Kindred cycle (Kindred Boon, Kindred Summons, and Kindred Charge), Metallic Mimic, Icon of Ancestry, Door of Destinies, Steely Resolve, Obelisk of Urd, or Vanquisher's Banner could serve you well.
You could go more towards Ajani's +1 counter theme, but most of the payoffs for that are non-cat. That said, there are some good noncreature options: Curse of Stalked Prey, Hardened Scales, Doubling Season, Curse of Predation, Hindervines, Inspiring Call, and Mayael's Aria and other power-related payoffs.
1 month ago
xaarvaxus I'll probably make some changes in regard to your land suggestions. There are definitely other U/W and G/U lands I could add, such as the beta duals as well as shock lands and fetch lands. I don't think it is so much of a problem that I neeeeeed to add more blue mana sources, because if worst comes to worst I can just put out morophon and name unicorn, and thus not have to pay any blue mana. It seems a shame to change my mana base too much to accommodate my one blue spell, but really there isn't much harm in adding a Krosan verge and maybe a Hallowed Fountain.
In regard to your other suggestions I struggle more with board wipes than targeted removal, because who is going to waste a Swords to Plowshares on a Revered Unicorn , so hexproof is slightly pointless in my eyes. Currently Kindred Boon is what is helping me against board wipes, but I can't help but feel there is a better way to do it out there.
Icon of Ancestry is definitely a flavorful tribal card, but it seems unconventional for a deck with 2 main creature types that often have mana costs of 2 or 3. They aren't really worth paying 3 mana to search the top 3 cards for.
Yes, Cathars' Crusade would probably, actually you know what, it would be really good, I just don't know what to switch out for it. Perhaps Door of Destinies accomplishes the same goal but to a lesser extent?
1 month ago
@Canamex Not really. The only issue where it hurts not to have low CMC creatures is if they remove all your land and creatures at the same time. Like with Jokulhaups , but this rarely happens and usually your opponents will be in the same boat with you.
1 CMC creatures I'd only run if they're ridiculously impressive or have an effect that can't be gotten from a bigger creature. For example I wouldn't run Dauntless Bodyguard , because if you play them first they're practically a 2/1 with nothing special about them. Instead I'd run Changeling Outcast over him as you would have an unblockable knight you could dump all your equipment on. If the indestructibility really matters to you I'd run Kindred Boon instead, but that might be a better card to swap out over Knights' Charge . The indestructibility would make it harder to wipe your creatures off the board after all.
1 month ago
I'd consider another 1-3 pieces of wrath protection since it tends to be Edgar's biggest weakness.
are some excellent choices.
Make a Stand
are a little less powerful but they'll do the job too if you're on a budget. You could also use
, if they're in your budget.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck and have fun!
2 months ago
I would include a little more as far as ramp/mana rocks go.
I would look into the big splashy tribal cards from commander 2017. Kindred Discovery is expensive but it offers up insane card advantage. Kindred Dominance is a one-sided wipe, and Kindred Charge gives you twice as much sliver per sliver!
And while enchantments are easy to remove, I find that Kindred Boon goes a long way.
As far as cuts, I would look at slivers that aren't amazing. Virulent Sliver is probably the first that I would cut. If you don't outright kill people the turn it drops then it will just get killed and the poison counters won't matter (unless of course, somebody else in your group runs a poison deck). Maybe Clot Sliver and Talon Sliver as well, I'm not really sure what else above those however, I guess it depends on what effects you want redundancy on.
+1 from me, I love tribal decks.
2 months ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
3 months ago
Okay. I'm the Reddit dude. Sorry for the wait. Life interfered and I didn’t have a great opportunity to write this, so my b. Here's what I'd try messing around with. I'll do my best to keep suggestions budget
Removal Naya Charm is a fog, removal spell, mass unblockablility, and a Regrowth all at once. Worth it. Generous Gift and Beast Within are also solid open-ended removal spells. Oblation , Chaos Warp , and Swords to Plowshares should do the rest
Draw Add Beast Whisperer , Guardian Project , and some other spells that draw off creatures. Your deck has so many creatures - might as well turn them into cantrips. Primordial Sage and Lifecrafter's Bestiary also come to mind. Maybe a Vivien Reid as removal and draw all in one, if you feel like splurging a bit?
Boardwipes, removal, ramp, draw - That’s the general stuff that each deck needs simply to function
Here’s some more niche stuff I think your deck could use
Protection Kindred Boon and Eight-and-a-Half-Tails are good at protecting your creatures, and what makes them better is that the're activated abilities - to say, your werewolves won't flip but you’ll get to spend your mana
The Other Stuff I really like Cult of the Waxing Moon , Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves , Bow of Nylea , Mastery of the Unseen and Boros Charm . Bow synergises particularly well with your commander, making blocking a lose-lose situation. Mastery of the Unseen is a solid mana sink, so you’ll have something to do on the turns where you don’t want to flip your wolves. Boros Charm ’s just insanely more versatile than it appears
Ok. This comment’s long enough as is, so I’ll take my leave. If you want a hand making cuts, though, feel free to comment and I’ll try to get back to you quicker this time :)
5 months ago
So now I'm going to organize this post is from different types of cards and alternatives and/or strictly better cards that have the same Converted mana cost!
Let's start with enchantments! It seems like your all over the place, which is fine, but you have aura enchantments and land enchantments. which seems a little weird to me! Normally you want to either go a route for your deck, and this seems unorganized, so let us fix that! Serra Aviary is a bad card, cause it also gives opponents fliers +1/+1, we don't want this. So id suggest either going with some like Citadel Siege cause sure, it won't buff all creatures, and it'll give a boost to one creature you want per turn, or it can be used defensively which is always a plus! I'd also suggest going Dictate of Heliod cause it gives an extra +1/+1 for one extra mana, AND IT HAS FLASH! For cards that are better for the 4 cmc are Light from Within , Force of Virtue , Marshal's Anthem .
For protection cards or cards that accumulate value, instead of Angelic Renewal and Angelic Accord , cards which can be good, but you don't have a whole lof of life gain or recursion to run these two! So I'd suggest cards like Sigil of the New Dawn , Kindred Boon , Privileged Position and Asceticism are 100% more effective in protecting your creatures or giving good value.
Now that we got enchantments out of the way! lets work on these instants! I love some of these instants, Absorb is a fun card that I'm 100% gonna get, same with Archmage's Charm ! Disdainful Stroke , Essence Scatter (and the like), Commencement of Festivities and Guardian Angel are all weaker versions of cards like Mana Drain and Counterspell which I'd upgrade with. I'd also suggest getting some artifact/enchantment removal such as Krosan Grip one of the best in this as it has split second, another card I highly recommend is Bant Charm one of the most versatile instant printed in these colors. some other instants i enjoy and have seen good results with are Teferi's Protection , Plasm Capture / Mana Drain , Render Silent , Arcane Denial , Dawn Charm and Heroic Intervention . Those are just some of my recommendations! I may have some more but You'd really need to let me know what direction you want to go!!
For sorceries, you're in gosh darn green! WHERE ARE THE RAMP SPELLS?!!??!!? Add Farseek , and since we have big fatty CMC angels, Recross the Paths puts in some work! Kodama's Reach and Explosive Vegetation are better than cards like Rampant Growth because 1) it gives card advantage (2 lands for 1 card) and 2) gives us more mana to work with during the late game! (this is when angel decks typically win). other ramp spells I use are Cultivate and Traverse the Outlands .
I've noticed this deck does not have a SINGLE BOARD WIPE, as big as our angels are for the CMC, we won't be able to cast them until later, board wipes are essential to have especially since you aren't running any pillow forts kind of cards, I HIGHLY recommend adding some, cards that I've always had in my white decks are Austere Command , Rout , Supreme Verdict , Cleansing Nova , Descend upon the Sinful , Planar Cleansing and Mass Calcify . Some other sources that are more focused with tribal is Harsh Mercy sure each player gets to pick a creature type, but that typically is one creature for them, and of course we'll pick angels, so we get the upper-hand in this!
We need some card draw, and this is important as I don't see any in this deck and that is a HUGE mistake. Think about adding cards like Rishkar's Expertise , Praetor's Counsel , Blue Sun's Zenith , Sphinx's Revelation , Finale of Revelation just to name a few that come to mind.
For Lands, these look just.....fine albeit slow, but not quite optimized. I totally understand how people on a budget don't run cards like Misty Rainforest and the like. But as a 3 color deck, I suggest adding in cards like Temple of Enlightenment and Temple of Plenty at least you'll get value from them coming in tapped. Other cards I'd suggest are Krosan Verge , Prairie Stream , Flooded Grove , Wooded Bastion , Seaside Citadel , Path of Ancestry , Forbidden Orchard (cause what is a 1/1 to our angels? PFFT) other lands that give some utility in a pinch are: Scattered Groves and Irrigated Farmland ! other good cards are Glacial Fortress (and it's kin), Hinterland Harbor and Temple Garden !
For Artifacts, I see the signets, I don't typically run the
and X signets just cause I like my land ramp better and won't get destroyed with target removal or artifact/enchantment wipes. but as a 3 color deck, you 100% NEED
basically makes all your mana problems go away, just tap lands for whatever color you need! If you're trying to go for some voltronish cards, I'd suggest going like
, which basically secures that you keep whatever creature you want alive for the rest of the game (unless they exile it with a spell somehow).
is also a good card as people won't want to block because it exiles shit, which is GREAT, let me tell you how many times people didn't block because they wanted to keep their creature(s).
For tribal support cards, there is a very small pool to chose from, So you might want to grab a Vanquisher's Banner , Herald's Horn , Urza's Incubator , Door of Destinies , Coat of Arms , Stoneforge Masterwork and Cryptic Gateway are some cards to look at!
Ok, lets finally get this creature situation fixed! first of, YOU'RE AN ANGEL DECK WITHOUT ITS PRIME GURL!?! WHERE IS MY Avacyn, Angel of Hope ?!?!?!??!!?!?!? I'm disappointed!!!! But for real, add her.
Other cards considering should be Metallic Mimic (if you're going for a 1/1 counter theme.) Solemn Simulacrum should go in here, he's just too good not to have here! Rhonas the Indomitable is a great mana sink, and if you really need to give trample to your creatures, Nylea, God of the Hunt is also a good alternative. Resplendent Angel is a great 3 cmc angel, don't underestimate this gurl! Sephara, Sky's Blade is also a great (shittier) version of our gurl Avacyn, Angel of Hope but still a good effect none-the-less! Iridescent Angel , for a 7 mana angel, I was hesitant at running her in my jenara deck, but has proved to be SO GOSHDARN STRONG! Can literally take ANY damage from ANYTHING (don't mention the Eldrazi to this gurl) but it has soaked up a lot of damage over my games. Archangel of Tithes is a great 4 cmc angel that gives taxes for attacking and defending! great include! Angel of Invention a fabulous card, especially if you have something that gives +1/+1 counters, say a Bow of Nylea , is a great addition to our squad! Angel of Serenity is a good card here as well! great recursion for this deck! since we're in bant, Stoic Angel is also a good include! Akroma, Angel of Wrath can't go wrong with an 8/8 creature with so many keywords and protection(s)!
Also, there is ONE card that is SO GOSHDARN UNDERRATED AND NEVER PLAYED and has literally been the BIGGEST beater I've EVER seen is non-other than Selfless Squire . THIS GURL...Where are my words for this card. It's a fog effect but you get a MASSIVE creature that has to be answered or your opponent die! I've had people swing at me for 20+ damage, not worried because of Selfless Squire and she becomes a huge creature, give her trample and/or indestructible, good game! This gurl is so badass she can oftentimes beat an ELDRAZI TITAN 1v1 (in terms of power/toughness). Best and most fun card I'VE EVER PLAYED IN A CREATURE! 50/10 would recommend!