Crypt of Agadeem
Crypt of Agadeem enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Add to your mana pool for each black creature card in your graveyard.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Crypt of Agadeem Discussion
6 months ago
I see a lot of things that dont synergise very well or cost far too much mana, i would remove Meteor Golem for Artisan of Kozilek i know its slightly more mana but has more versatility and more power. Nirkana Revenant id say is a must because she gives you more mana and can one hit someone, Reanimate , Rise of the Dark Realms , Sepulchral Primordial , Puppeteer Clique , Geth, Lord of the Vault , Chainer, Dementia Master
Malakir Rebirth Flip has no real value in this deck id remove this for Sudden Spoiling or Tragic Slip or Entomb . you need some lower mana tutors at the like Diabolic Tutor , Vampiric Tutor , Exsanguinate would be good to help balance the life. board wipes like Necromantic Selection , Decree of Pain and Black Sun's Zenith . Nim Deathmantle . things like Grave Pact woundn't be a bad idea to add. Mortuary Mire and Crypt of Agadeem
sorry i feel like ive just ripped apart the deck
10 months ago
Hello there, fellowr Syr Konrad player!
You could check my own Syr Konrad, the Grim's deck: For the Void to see how I went with him, why did I chose the cards I chosen and maybe you'll see some cards you might like too. Some feedback and upvote would be very appreciated aswell! :)
First things first, type CMDR behind "1x Syr Konrad, the Grim" in your decklist to specify him as a commander.
Second, I would probably avoid discard cards like: Mind Rot,Cavern Whisperer when its not discard focused deck.
Same would go with Underworld Dreams.. yes, it can punish some decks for their big card draws, but doesnt really fit the idea of the deck that well. But you could always add Peer into the Abyss which pairs with Underworld Dreams really well.
Next cut would probably be some creatures that doesnt really do much and other cards:
1) Barrow Witches - your only Knight is Syr Konrad, which you will 99.9% times cast from command zone anyway.
2) Feral Abomination - for 5/5 deathtouch is kinda meh, something that generates tokens would be much better, with so many creatures, cards like Pawn of Ulamog and Sifter of Skulls are nice budget options (even when token creature dies, it goes to graveyard -> triggering Syr Konrad's ability, then insantly vanishes).
3) Squelching Leeches - this can grow fairly big if you play for a lot of turns, but without anything that ramps your Swamps out quick, its just slow dumb creature.
4) Vampire Opportunist - its ability is really expensive just to drain 2 life.
5) Im sure you could replace much more creature for something more usefeul, either a card draw, removal, sacrifice outlets or more token generators. 6) Merciless Resolve is worse version of Altar's Reap, which is now worse than Village Rites.
7) Pharika's Libation - Im personally fan of this removal, just because your opponent can choose what to sacrifice. Feed the Swarm is definitely a better option.
8) Kaya's Ghostform - Kaya's Ghostform is okay, cheap protection for only one . You could add more protection, like: Malakir Rebirth Flip, which works even better, because its an instant speed "protection" and can also be used as a land if needed.
9) Evolving Wilds - no need to run this at all. You would be better to switch it either for an additional Swamp or some other utility land. Also Myriad Landscape is cheap budget option to ramp a bit, but its quite slow.
Some cards you could throw in:
1) Cabal Stronghold - budget version of Cabal Coffers, which can tap itself for and adds a decent number of black mana later on.
2) Crypt of Agadeem - with so many black creatures in your deck, this could ramp you a lot. Costs few dollars, but is definitely worth it in mono-black decks like yours.
3) Some mana rocks and spells to help you with ramp, so you won't fall behind that much should help for sure. There is plenty of mana rocks you could use, starting with Sol Ring/Mana Geode/Arcane Signet, also something like Bontu's Monument, Charcoal Diamond. There is also Culling the Weak/Dark Ritual/Cabal Ritual to give you some fast mana, on top of Bubbling Muck and Songs of the Damned. If you browse some other decks and the internet, you can find plenty of mono-black creatures and/or artifacts that can ramp your super fast.
4) Again, with so many creatures in your deck, try to get Morality Shift - which could easily take out all your opponents at once with Syr Konrad on Board. More creature returning spells from yor graveyard could be: Gravepurge/Forever Young and Death Denied. Gravepurge and Forever Young works even better with something like Bolas's Citadel, enabling you to cast those cheap creatures right away and possibly even sacrifice them, triggering Syr Konrad's at least twice each time.
5) In my opinion, super strong card like Tortured Existence. It can easily trigger Syr Konrad's twice, getting big creatures into your graveyard to reanimate them later, get cheap creatures back into your hand to re-cast them again, save some creatures from graveyard hate and works well with Desecrated Tomb. All that at instant speed, as many times as much you got to pay! And its really $cheap.
10 months ago
With so many Rat Colony, you could add Thrumming Stone - its not so cheap, but you could get much more rats into play so much faster.
Mortuary / Haunted Crossroads - to put back rats that died back on top of your library. Some card draw like Necropotence, Phyrexian Arena, Dark Prophecy as enchantment card draws. Skullclamp since Rat Colony is 1 life anyway; Village Rites instant card draw for only for 2 cards.
Ayara, First of Locthwain - Ayara works really well with Rat Colony decks for card draw and pinging opponents down :D
Rise of the Dark Realms - to bring all the rats into play :D
Grimoire of the Dead - another big reanimator artifact.
The Cauldron of Eternity - could be pretty interesting in a deck full of creatures.
Victimize - sacrifice 1 rat to bring 2 rats back into play? Sounds like a good deal! :D Also, Blood for Bones is pretty decent.
Plunge into Darkness - sacrifice rats to gain some life, would work well with Mortuary/Haunted Crossroads to get rats out of the graveyard later.
Crypt of Agadeem, Songs of the Damned - could both give you a lot of mana into some card draws and/or more rats.
Cavern of Souls - probably not so needed, just a luxury to make your rats uncounterable.
Nightmare Shepherd - if you wont care about reanimating rats and your graveyard, why not make 1/1 rat colony token anytime when original Rat Colony dies? Sounds like fun! :D
Mortal Combat - not a fan of this card, but could be an easy win with so many cheap rats.
Dawn of the Dead - could be also pretty decent reanimator to bring a creature back, give it haste a swing for big damage.
10 months ago
You only run 5 other zombies to get Gravecrawler back, I would probabky replace those small artifact creature with some more zombies. Also, in my Syr Konrad's For the Void deck, I run Phyrexian Altar with Tortured Existence aswell, in addition with Desecrated Tomb for infinite loop. From the new Commander Legends set, Tormod, the Desecrator could be used instead of Desecrated Tomb too. It honestly works great, not only for Syr Konrad himself, but also for cards like Bitter Ordeal, Altar of the Brood, Ayara, First of Locthwain or simply Grave Pact as a creature board wipe.
11 months ago
1 year ago
I'm super happy to see such a good landbase for a mono-deck. Nice! +1 The only lands I can recommend are maybe a Crypt of Agadeem because of the graveyard, and Cabal Coffers if you have the budget. Also, if you want you could always take out your basics for Snow-Covered Swamps because they function and are the same identity wise, but they also can be good against the few people who play snow decks. Its not much of a difference but hey, you never know
1 year ago
Don't remove Watery Grave. The 2 life is something you always pay without a thought. It's nothing in commander. And if its in your opening hand without a one drop go ahead and play it tapped.
That said you do have a lot of lands that enter tapped. If you are going to cut though cut from ones that don't get you both colors or don't really help the gameplan.
Skyline Cascade for instance is a minor effect and only gets you blue, i'd rather have Castle Vantress here. The castle could come into play tapped but only needed one isalnd isn't much of a requirement and being able to scry is extra helpful for your deck. And Crypt of Agadeem can net you a lot of mana in some situations but since you aren't filling your graveyard on purpose like a reanimator deck chances are this won't do as much as it should sometimes, i'd play a Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth over this here. The tomb comes in untapped and makes sure all your lands tap for black just in case.
Also with only 5 islands and 4 swamps (6 and 5 if you change the above) the chances of you having three of either to get Witch's Cottage or Mystic Sanctuary to enter untapped and give you the benefit is unlikely. These are both better in mono colored decks or deck that are running a lot of basics. Both can easily be basics instead.
You have 13 lands that HAVE to come into play tapped. Thats way to many. if you make the above changes that brings you down to 9 that have to come in tapped... still a lot.
So, I know why you run Vesuva but I don't think you really need it in a two color deck. It would better suited in something three or more colors so it can help you fix. Our group doesn't run enough powerful lands to really want to copy anything super crazy. I would swap for Exotic Orchard. You may or may not get access to the colors you need with it but the way i see it is its an untapped dual land more often than not.
I would swap Frost Marsh for Underground River. I know that 1 damage may look scary but 9 times outta 10 you'll only need to tap it for colorless, the colored mana is there as a failsafe. And like I mentioned before 1 and 2 life is really nothing in commander. Jwar Isle Refuge could be Fetid Pools, yes it still comes in tapped but has the ability to cycle if you draw it late in the game which can be huge.
Lastly Dismal Backwater should be Polluted Delta if you can afford it. Again, don't be afraid of one life loss to fix your mana, the delta doesn't search for basics it searches for Swamps or Islands which means you can search up one of you lands that has the dual typing like Watery Grave or Sunken Hollow.
If you really don't want to spend the 25 or whatever it is though you could run run River of Tears instead.
After all that you have 6 lands that HAVE to come into play tapped. Which is only 1 more than I usually try to stick to at 5. Its not a perfect system but its worked for me.