Crypt of Agadeem
Crypt of Agadeem enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Add to your mana pool for each black creature card in your graveyard.
|Have (3)||Tarzanovic , Stryfe_ , sepheroth119|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Crypt of Agadeem Discussion
4 days ago
Hey, figured I would return the favor and drop a comment on your Vito deck here, I also see a couple of cards that I had in my initial list that I took out that I thought I'd share my thinking on in case it's helpful!
I was initially running both Corrupt and Consume Spirit in my Vito build but ended up taking them out because they seemed to be taking up room without having the ability to put a lot of pressure on the entire board or close out the game in a pass. On the one hand they are attractive options because they allow you to potentially kill off a single player who might have a problematic board state but they would have to have low life or you would have to have a lot of mana to pull it off. I chose to run Exsanguinate instead as it has huge synergy off Vito by hitting every player, playing it for x = 5 returns 15 life to you and deals a total of 30 damage to group, with 20 focused on a single player. It is, admittedly, like $7 right now so if that's a barrier you could consider Blood Tithe, it won't win you the game but 4 mana for 9 life and 18 damage to the board is a decent trade or Smitten Swordmaster might be workable for big value if you fancy taking a knight tribal bend to your creature list, I think they're like $0.25 each.
If the X cost, single targets are appealing to you a bigger ramp package might be helpful which can be tough since Crypt Ghast is apparently $10 these days. For one shot mana Bubbling Muck can be helpful and is maybe $2, Crypt of Agadeem could work after a board wipe for like $4. Maybe...Phyrexian Reclamation x Burnished Hart and/or Wild-Field Scarecrow, has some synergy with other cards too. Ramp in Mono Black is tough on a budget!
Other thought was you have a lot of targeted removal in sorceries, there are always a million options for creature removal in black but you are limited in ability to leverage them if you can't cast at instant speed to respond to an attacker or to remove a combo from the board on another player's turn. Maybe consider Doomblade, Victim of Night, or Tragic Slip as low cost alternatives!
Good luck with the build!
1 month ago
Removed Army of the Damned
Added Living Death
2 months ago
I'd cut all the signets/mana rocks since you're trying to have a critical mass of creatures. I would also suggest you run cheap dorks like Birds of Paradise and Elves of Deep Shadow. + I'd also cut Cauldron of Eternity, I just don't like the shuffle effect. As for just straight cuts, Villainous Wealth is kind of useless here. It doesn't synergize, and it takes forever to get a decent rate, or you might just whiff and hit nothing. God-Eternal Bontu seems risky as you might find it hard to sacrifice anything if you aren't doing well on the board. Mikaeus is kind of a weird pick without Triskelion, as without the combo he kind of just sits there and is just an 'ok' reanimator target. You might also want to cut Crypt of Agadeem as you already have a pretty efficient mana base and crypt's activated ability won't always be useful. Going down to 33 lands (counting the mdfc) likely won't hurt. Tasigur is also a weird fit here since his ability is best when you have less cards in your graveyard (I am referring to both his delve and his activated ability), so it's a slight 'non-bo'. Acolyte of Affliction just looks silly compared to the other mill pieces in the deck.
Some cards that I might cut but I think are ultimately up to your preference (moreso than my other suggestions) are Whisper, Skull Prophet, and Stitch together. Gitrog monster also has the problem of royally screwing over your mana base every once in a while. I would also stop consider Blightsteel Colossus as you can't reanimate it.
Sorry if this long comment is intimidating, I just think this is a pretty cool list and I wanna see it's final form.
9 months ago
I see a lot of things that dont synergise very well or cost far too much mana, i would remove Meteor Golem for Artisan of Kozilek i know its slightly more mana but has more versatility and more power. Nirkana Revenant id say is a must because she gives you more mana and can one hit someone, Reanimate , Rise of the Dark Realms , Sepulchral Primordial , Puppeteer Clique , Geth, Lord of the Vault , Chainer, Dementia Master
Malakir Rebirth Flip has no real value in this deck id remove this for Sudden Spoiling or Tragic Slip or Entomb . you need some lower mana tutors at the like Diabolic Tutor , Vampiric Tutor , Exsanguinate would be good to help balance the life. board wipes like Necromantic Selection , Decree of Pain and Black Sun's Zenith . Nim Deathmantle . things like Grave Pact woundn't be a bad idea to add. Mortuary Mire and Crypt of Agadeem
sorry i feel like ive just ripped apart the deck
1 year ago
Hello there, fellowr Syr Konrad player!
You could check my own Syr Konrad, the Grim's deck: For the Void to see how I went with him, why did I chose the cards I chosen and maybe you'll see some cards you might like too. Some feedback and upvote would be very appreciated aswell! :)
First things first, type CMDR behind "1x Syr Konrad, the Grim" in your decklist to specify him as a commander.
Second, I would probably avoid discard cards like: Mind Rot,Cavern Whisperer when its not discard focused deck.
Same would go with Underworld Dreams.. yes, it can punish some decks for their big card draws, but doesnt really fit the idea of the deck that well. But you could always add Peer into the Abyss which pairs with Underworld Dreams really well.
Next cut would probably be some creatures that doesnt really do much and other cards:
1) Barrow Witches - your only Knight is Syr Konrad, which you will 99.9% times cast from command zone anyway.
2) Feral Abomination - for 5/5 deathtouch is kinda meh, something that generates tokens would be much better, with so many creatures, cards like Pawn of Ulamog and Sifter of Skulls are nice budget options (even when token creature dies, it goes to graveyard -> triggering Syr Konrad's ability, then insantly vanishes).
3) Squelching Leeches - this can grow fairly big if you play for a lot of turns, but without anything that ramps your Swamps out quick, its just slow dumb creature.
4) Vampire Opportunist - its ability is really expensive just to drain 2 life.
5) Im sure you could replace much more creature for something more usefeul, either a card draw, removal, sacrifice outlets or more token generators. 6) Merciless Resolve is worse version of Altar's Reap, which is now worse than Village Rites.
7) Pharika's Libation - Im personally fan of this removal, just because your opponent can choose what to sacrifice. Feed the Swarm is definitely a better option.
8) Kaya's Ghostform - Kaya's Ghostform is okay, cheap protection for only one . You could add more protection, like: Malakir Rebirth Flip, which works even better, because its an instant speed "protection" and can also be used as a land if needed.
9) Evolving Wilds - no need to run this at all. You would be better to switch it either for an additional Swamp or some other utility land. Also Myriad Landscape is cheap budget option to ramp a bit, but its quite slow.
Some cards you could throw in:
1) Cabal Stronghold - budget version of Cabal Coffers, which can tap itself for and adds a decent number of black mana later on.
2) Crypt of Agadeem - with so many black creatures in your deck, this could ramp you a lot. Costs few dollars, but is definitely worth it in mono-black decks like yours.
3) Some mana rocks and spells to help you with ramp, so you won't fall behind that much should help for sure. There is plenty of mana rocks you could use, starting with Sol Ring/Mana Geode/Arcane Signet, also something like Bontu's Monument, Charcoal Diamond. There is also Culling the Weak/Dark Ritual/Cabal Ritual to give you some fast mana, on top of Bubbling Muck and Songs of the Damned. If you browse some other decks and the internet, you can find plenty of mono-black creatures and/or artifacts that can ramp your super fast.
4) Again, with so many creatures in your deck, try to get Morality Shift - which could easily take out all your opponents at once with Syr Konrad on Board. More creature returning spells from yor graveyard could be: Gravepurge/Forever Young and Death Denied. Gravepurge and Forever Young works even better with something like Bolas's Citadel, enabling you to cast those cheap creatures right away and possibly even sacrifice them, triggering Syr Konrad's at least twice each time.
5) In my opinion, super strong card like Tortured Existence. It can easily trigger Syr Konrad's twice, getting big creatures into your graveyard to reanimate them later, get cheap creatures back into your hand to re-cast them again, save some creatures from graveyard hate and works well with Desecrated Tomb. All that at instant speed, as many times as much you got to pay! And its really $cheap.
1 year ago
With so many Rat Colony, you could add Thrumming Stone - its not so cheap, but you could get much more rats into play so much faster.
Mortuary / Haunted Crossroads - to put back rats that died back on top of your library. Some card draw like Necropotence, Phyrexian Arena, Dark Prophecy as enchantment card draws. Skullclamp since Rat Colony is 1 life anyway; Village Rites instant card draw for only for 2 cards.
Ayara, First of Locthwain - Ayara works really well with Rat Colony decks for card draw and pinging opponents down :D
Rise of the Dark Realms - to bring all the rats into play :D
Grimoire of the Dead - another big reanimator artifact.
The Cauldron of Eternity - could be pretty interesting in a deck full of creatures.
Victimize - sacrifice 1 rat to bring 2 rats back into play? Sounds like a good deal! :D Also, Blood for Bones is pretty decent.
Plunge into Darkness - sacrifice rats to gain some life, would work well with Mortuary/Haunted Crossroads to get rats out of the graveyard later.
Crypt of Agadeem, Songs of the Damned - could both give you a lot of mana into some card draws and/or more rats.
Cavern of Souls - probably not so needed, just a luxury to make your rats uncounterable.
Nightmare Shepherd - if you wont care about reanimating rats and your graveyard, why not make 1/1 rat colony token anytime when original Rat Colony dies? Sounds like fun! :D
Mortal Combat - not a fan of this card, but could be an easy win with so many cheap rats.
Dawn of the Dead - could be also pretty decent reanimator to bring a creature back, give it haste a swing for big damage.
1 year ago
You only run 5 other zombies to get Gravecrawler back, I would probabky replace those small artifact creature with some more zombies. Also, in my Syr Konrad's For the Void deck, I run Phyrexian Altar with Tortured Existence aswell, in addition with Desecrated Tomb for infinite loop. From the new Commander Legends set, Tormod, the Desecrator could be used instead of Desecrated Tomb too. It honestly works great, not only for Syr Konrad himself, but also for cards like Bitter Ordeal, Altar of the Brood, Ayara, First of Locthwain or simply Grave Pact as a creature board wipe.