Search your library for a card and put that card into your graveyard, then shuffle your library.
|Have (2)||lorddarkstar ,|
|Want (6)||Chaosfalcon , blindabe , wkli6 , OukenMarzz , Flashdog22 , UnknownSlink|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Entomb occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
3 days ago
TrEndKillHerEsy, I tested out Underworld Breach briefly and wasn’t impressed how it worked in the deck. I’d personally rather load my graveyard with silver bullet answers and the creatures I specifically need to win the game. Cards like Entomb and Buried Alive don’t dump enough fodder into the graveyard to get more than one, maybe two cheap spells off, and it usually means exiling creatures I’d like to keep available in the graveyard in addition to expendable cards like fetchlands. I have found great success in appearing to have a relatively “floundering” board state with the deck, where only I know how the one or two key demons I have in the graveyard will work with my cards in hand to steal the win. 20 cards in my graveyard screams that I am a serious threat, and this deck does not play enough protection to weather the combined assault of 3 opponents for very long.
Regarding Altar of Dementia, if I’m going to sacrifice my creatures, I want it to be to Sacrifice and Burnt Offering effects. Living demons are a source of mana investment that aren’t sacrificed when I swing with Rakdos, and the deck uses every shred of alternate mana sources it can get. Sacking a creature just to fill up my graveyard is not worth it to me. If you want to aim for a more all in graveyard strat in the deck, I could see Underworld Breach and Altar of Dementia being very effective.
Lastly, honestly I think you’re right about Yawgmoth's Will. The deck plays enough cheap reanimation, wheel effects, and rituals that it would be very effective even with a limited board state. I’ll have to think about a good cut for it. Thanks for the great suggestion!
1 month ago
I dunno, there are easier ways to blow your opponent out with Soul of Eternity's raw size. Just as a straightforward example, if you're running , on the first turn you can play Dark Ritual, Entomb for Soul of Eternity, Shallow Grave and attack for 40. The type of thing that's more likely in a 60-card deck, sure, but the Soul's sheer size seems easier to abuse if you cheaply reanimate him rather than wait until you have enough mana to pay for his Encore cost.
1 month ago
Yeah, Entomb is about the only card I'd be willing to break from my "Budget Theme" on. So far this year I've been pretty good about not ordering singles (saving money and all due to world circumstances), but this one tempts me. It does. It's such a ridiculously good fit for this build; apart from not even being close to a Budget card. A playset of those is easily equal or greater than the entire rest of the cost of the deck! Haha
1 month ago
Thank you! I like the aura deck and I've saved it for future reference. He's trying a wonky Griffin Canyon strategy so we'll see how it goes! I just did a little digging and found kind of a fun card that probably is too slow to help the build, but could both tutor and put something in the yard: Divining Witch. Realistically, though, I should just save up for Entomb haha.
1 month ago
I like that Entomb on a stick with the Reito Lantern backup that posted. In case something messes up the combat damage step for Ghost of Ramirez DePietro then the lantern can let you get another shot at the card you entombed.
1 month ago
1 month ago
I would have never thought to find such a comment like this, it's A M A Z I N G. I really like your support on this project and I would love to create a competitive deck together.
Unfortunatly I don't work yet, so I can't really have a deck with Moxes, 15 Fetch Lands and OP Mana Artifacts, but we can build one not caring for the price just to see if it will be competitive or not
Others, instead, need some explanation:
-Witchbane Orb is needed in my deck because in my playgroup people will 100% try to Bojuka Bog or try to Flash in a Tormod's Crypt when the Commander is being casted ( happened to me once when I was trying to cast a Kathril, Aspect Warper who was going to become a 26/26 with 13 different abilities....)
-Blood for Bones has one of the most intricated rulings I've ever seen, with it you can sacrifice a creature and then return that same creature you sacrificed back to the battlefield, creating a card that can "Blink" in Black and that also returns a creature into your hand from the graveyard
Another thing, I don't think that attacking with spiders is a good idea, my Deck can create a bunch of them in a turn, but i would rather win with them with a combo then wait for a full rotation (and all my friends at the LGS have at least 2 boardwipes per deck) to attack.
This deck doesn't draw, you're right, but it mills itself and then returns to hand important combo pieces from the graveyard, but we can try to put in a Shamanic Revelation and other cool drawing cards and see what happens
Let me now what you think, I'm really excited about this project
1 month ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.