Tempt with Discovery
Tempting offer — Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Each opponent may search his or her library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. For each opponent who searches a library this way, search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then each player who searched a library this way shuffles it.
|Have (3)||Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (7)||Sier53 , NMJohn , Hakenaani , DarkKnifer , CertifiedBronzie , BeowulfBjornson , Kongtwenty12|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Tempt with Discovery occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
Tempt with Discovery Discussion
2 days ago
Field of the Dead (if you don't run this you're dead to me)
2 weeks ago
Nyxbloom Ancient puts a huge target on your head without actually winning the game on its own. Dryad of the Ilysian Grove is a card I was initially excited for, but I think I have enough extra land effects and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth is better for me than the dryad's second ability.
Some recent edits!
3 weeks ago
I am planning to build an EDH deck with Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis as the general, so I would be very interested to hear any ideas for such a deck that anyone here can offer to me.
The purpose of the deck will be to ostensibly assist the other players and influence them into attacking each other while avoiding attacking me, until I have sufficient resources to defeat everyone, or, more ideally, for the other players to eliminate each other until I have only one opponent, whom I can then defeat.
Cards such as Edric, Spymaster of Trest, Gahiji, Honored One, or Gisela, Blade of Goldnight shall encourage my opponents to attack each other and discourage them from attacking me. Cards such as Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, Sphere of Safety, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, and Windborn Muse will make it unprofitable to attack me. Cards such as Collective Voyage, Minds Aglow, or Tempt with Discovery will make other players wish to keep me alive for as possible, so that they can continue to benefit from my presence.
What does everyone else say about this? What are some ideas or suggestions for an EDH deck with Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis as its general?
3 weeks ago
Interesting build. If this is really a Hydra deck, then Gargos, Vicious Watcher is probably the better general but Nylea, Keen-Eyed is a cool choice. Also, there are a few interesting picks in here. First off, I would cut one of your two Genesis Waves for a Forest or some other green non-basic or utility land. I'll stick with non-creature spells for now. I'd for sure take out Tempt with Discovery in favor of a Skyshroud Claim, Circuitous Route, or Explosive Vegetation. Other than that everything in non-creatres looks pretty good. If you're looking for cuts I'll list the top few cards I think could get cut. Nissa, Vital Force doesn't seem at her best since you don't have too much landfall synergy. Bow of Nylea isn't an amazing card, but it is a super utility piece and it's very flavorful. I'd also say you could try slotting in a Kenrith's Transformation or a similar green removal enchantment. Return to Nature, Krosan Grip, or Reclamation Sage (Since you're running Woodland Bellower) could also warrant a slot for additional removal. You also seem a tad bit short on card draw. You've got a little bit, but I think it could be bolstered a bit. Harmonize, Zendikar Resurgent, Guardian Project, and Lifecrafter's Bestiary are all good options. Just a couple other ideas here: Rhonas's Monument, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Shared Summons, and maybe a Triumph of the Hordes or Overwhelming Stampede.
4 weeks ago
Made these changes because I didn't have the original cards
1 month ago
Thanks for checking out the deck and for giving me some the tips! I gladly answer your questions:
- Tendershoot Dryad has been on the maybeboard for a long time, and I agree it would fit the deck perfectly. I really tried to add it, but I couldn’t find a good spot for it in the end :/. I kind of stopped trying after Field of the Dead satisfied my desire to add another token maker :).
- It is true that the deck wants to keep a low profile. However, that’s only until we are ready for a big explosive play! Omnath and baloth both provide that ability for explosiveness that I want with this deck. On average you should be able to get 2 lands out the turn you bring them out, which is already decent value if someone should indeed take it out. But their ceiling is pretty high combined with something like Scapeshift or Traverse the Outlands. So those 2 landfall creatures are not going anywhere :).
- I wrote about why I did not include Elvish Reclaimer in my M20 update. Short answer: it takes 3 turns before you can use the land you want, and that is too slow for what I want with this deck. I don’t think it compares that well with crop rotation, which gives you any land right now, untapped.
- Nissa's Pilgrimage is a bit too taxing for this deck as I only run 9 basics, and I don’t like that it doesn’t fix. In a similar vein, I valued Blighted Woodland over Myriad Landscape in this build, and there are no lands I want to cut for it atm.
- Castle Garenbrig is useful, but not necessary in this build. And unlike most other decks, every landslot here is super contested, so “useful” isn’t good enough to make the cut unfortunately :). Also, I don’t run that many creatures here.
- I don’t think Living Twister is all that good tbh. I agree that a commander deck should also function well without the commander, but that doesn’t mean it should always be able to do what the commander does. This deck has many paths to victory that do not require Mina and Denn.
- I got asked about Tempt with Discovery before. It is a fun card, but I personally don’t like that it is not reliable. Sometimes you might get lucky and get 4 lands, but most of the time I would get only one, ór my opponents do what they shóuld do and search for a strip mine and destroy the one land I actually wanted to get. The point is that there is no way to tell what you will get and I prefer reliability in my tutors.
- I used to run Kessig Wolf Run for a long time, but I removed it to test other lands. I assure you, the deck has plenty of staying power late game ;), but I agree it is a strong card to have access to. Maybe it will find it’s way back someday.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts! I’ve been thinking to add a section to the primer to talk about cards that I did not include. Maybe I will start that soon :). I will also have a look at your modified deck list at a later time.
1 month ago
HeyBeebles awesome deck and primer I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
I was thinking if the goal of the deck is to be unassuming would Tendershoot Dryad be a better fit than Omnath, Locus of Rage or Rampaging Baloths (I know blasphemous right) which are traditionally kill on sight targets for any land deck opponent. In addition the lack of haste or sac outlet enablers it feels like omnath is a sitting duck.
Another question would be why isn’t Elvish Reclaimer in the main board, yes it takes a turn to get going but a Crop Rotation effect is invaluable to up the consistency of the deck (especially during draw go turns)
Is there an argument to add Castle Garenbrig green ramp since most of your creatures are green, Living Twister a commander deck should be able to function without its commander and this mirrors M&D’s bounce ability, Tempt with Discovery vs Traverse the Outlands any land into play seems huge, Kessig Wolf Run Gives the deck late game staying power when even Dryad Arbor can swing for lethal
I’ve got an edited version on your list on my profile if you’re interested in taking a look
Thanks for the awesome deck!
1 month ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.