Tap: Add (1) to your mana pool.
(0): Return Ghost Town to its owner's hand. Play this ability only if it's not your turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ghost Town Discussion
1 week ago
Lands to consider: Terramorphic Expanse , Myriad Landscape , Blighted Woodland , Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle , Ghost Quarter and/or Strip Mine (use them to create small combos), Thespian's Stage , Mountain Valley , Ghost Town , Jund Panorama , Naya Panorama , Ash Barrens , Wasteland , Drownyard Temple , Lotus Field , Cryptic Caves (a nice draw engine), Warped Landscape , Sunscorched Desert (repeatable damage), Command Beacon (nice way to avoid commander tax)...there's more, but you get the idea. Most of these produce some kind of mana so you won't be without it. You just need to keep the cycle of dropping lands going.
1 month ago
Hey, well done upgrading the precon on a budget.
Some advice is to lower the mana curve by cutting several high CMC creatures (5 CMC or higher). Aesi, Meloku the Clouded Mirror , Tatyova, Benthic Druid , Rampaging Baloths , Avenger of Zendikar , Murkfiend Liege and Serpent of Yawning Depths are your best high CMC creatures.
An advantage that Aesi has is able to draw cards on your opponent's turns, if you can put a land onto the battlefield. Creatures who can tap to let you put a land from your hand onto the battlefield let you at instant speed do this effect thus you can do it during an opponent's turn. Simic Growth Chamber , Guildless Commons or Ghost Town can bounce themselves back to your hand. You can keep putting one of these lands onto the battlefield and draw with Aesi.
These are low CMC creatures who can first help to cast Aesi by putting lands from your hand onto the battlefield for ramp. Then when you control Aesi they're enablers with lands in your hand to draw cards. Because these creatures tap then they have great interaction with Retreat to Coralhelm and most with Murkfiend Liege . You can untap them, then potentially keep putting lands if you have in your hand onto the battlefield and drawing with Aesi.
Meloku the Clouded Mirror can be fuel to put lands into your hand to then put them onto the battlefield. If putting a land that ETB untapped then you can tap it for mana before you bounce it to pay for the activation to bounce it back to your hand.
These creatures can combo with Retreat to Coralhelm and if you're interested I can explain more in another comment. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Ghost Town is super rad, in its own accidentally-for-landfall way.
3 months ago
I love statistics though.
I'm picking up copies of all these cards now lol especially these
I just want to mention Gaea's Touch , this card is criminally underplayed.
3 months ago
Seeds of Innocence is a great green alternative to Vandalblast that I've never seen anyone else consider, even though it's cheaper than Creeping Corrosion in mana. I'm using it in my cEDH Marwyn, the Nurturer deck, to blow up a lot of opposing fast mana very early. Getting rid of someone's Mana Vault , Sol Ring , Chrome Mox and Mox Diamond on turn 2 is amazing, and your opponent only gains 2 life for that.
In the same vein, Meltdown is an amazing card if your deck is light on artifacts itself.
My Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire deck is all about ramping out the commander fast, give it haste and have fun with the transformation trigger. Orcish Lumberjack and Tinder Wall are very overlooked and efficient mana dorks to help complete that goal.
4 months ago
Something else I just realized that I like about Springbloom Druid in this deck is that it provides 3 triggers for Kodama in addition to the two landfall triggers for other permanents with landfall effects. Also forgot to mention Elvish Reclaimer as a nice land tutor that can be activated during an opponent's turn to start the Ghost Town chain with landfall token generators.
Because of how quickly Kodama can chain lands onto the field I feel like you could add more cards that help put lots of land into your hand like:
I mean if you drastically shifted the playstyle of the deck it would be fun to run Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant Flip in the 99 for the exponential basic forest mana. I'd still use your partners as the commanders and have more basic forest in the deck with more effects to drop lands into play like Burgeoning
Also if you just want to really annoy your opponents.
- Collector Ouphe great if you don't have many artifact abilities.
- Hall of Gemstone green decks tend to just play stuff on their own turn so locking others down to a single color doesn't usually affect you.
- City of Solitude this can be good for you if you usually need people to leave you alone on your turn, but detrimental if you need to respond on an opponents turn. Note: this does not even allow people to tap for mana on an opponent's turn.
4 months ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.
4 months ago
You have enough landfall triggers you might consider Ghost Town .
But bc you already run crucible of worlds, i feel Strip Mine should be a good inclusion, and maybe Crop Rotation .
Anyway cheers and have fun!