As an additional cost to play Diabolic Intent, sacrifice a creature.
Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Want (12)||sageulf , Synesthetic , mvas , thebarbaron , night2 , Ender666666 , deman464 , happyxcamper1 , stepmanstep , patches9774 , Nog987456321 , Logic-Aside|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Diabolic Intent occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
WB (Orzhov): 0.69%
Diabolic Intent Discussion
6 days ago
Massacre Wurm and Sheoldred, Whispering One are nice cards for some removal that you can replay. Sheoldred is also nice cause its pretty much having two merens. I enjoy the massacre wurm cause it can also be another way you can win the game.
Pernicious Deed is one of the best boardwipes in the game.
These should be good for you
1 week ago
1 week ago
This deck looks really nice, I've got to say, and appears very dangerous if it goes off right. I do have a couple of ideas you could look into and consider adding, though. I dunno if you've looked into Spore Frog, but this can get out of hand if you constantly revive it, giving you near-immunity to combat damage. Another idea to throw out there is Altar of Dementia which can both help you sacrifice creatures and mill out opponents to win or hurt them. I noticed some shenanigans with reviving lands, so Strip Mine is a decent card that can serve excellent land hate or remove scary lands opponents have. Smothering Abomination can also serve you well, as all of your sacrifices can draw you cards off of their deaths, as well. A decent tutor you could consider is Final Parting if it interests you, allowing you to both put something into the graveyard and grab a card and put it in your hand. Diabolic Intent also works well for this kind of deck, too. Finally, if you really wanted some abusable combos and cheating things in Protean Hulk can really, easily get out of hand.
I hope this was helpful enough, and even if it wasn't you're deck is still really good looking so far!
1 week ago
Hey, you're deck seems lackluster to you because opponent mill is a lackluster strategy in multiplayer Commander. Unless you're playing infinite opponent mill combos that you do in a single turn with Altar of Dementia, Altar of the Brood or wheels then opponent mill not a very good strategy when you have many opponents. Self-mill is very powerful since it can lead to quick reanimation, mass reanimation of creatures or assembling combos from your graveyard.
Play to the strengthens of your Commander; if mill is what you want to play then Varina, Lich Queen is an enabler for self-mill not opponent mill. If you want to be different than the other deck then play more white since that deck isn't playing white. Karmic Guide + Reveillark + Altar of Dementia is an infinite combo for self-mill and it can also reanimate all the 2 or less power Zombies/creatures in your graveyard. Self-mill until you find Corpse Knight and he becomes the win condition. With the high budget here add tutors to get Dementia, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Demonic Tutor, Diabolic Intent, Beseech the Queen, etc.
Living Death goes well with creatures + self-mill being able to reanimate all the creatures in your graveyard for five mana. Varnia gains you life when you self-mill making Command the Dreadhorde an option for a mass reanimation spell. Wonder is powerful with Varnia since she can discard it giving herself, all your Zombies/other creatures, if you control just one Island, flying. Wonder is good with Island dual lands and you have a lot of them as well as ways to search for one of them.
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions on Ramunap Excavator and Diabolic Intent. I really looked into these, but at some point you have to draw a line for committing to a certain deck. However, I do have some issues with staying on curve, so probably the Ramunap Excavator might just be a perfect addition.
2 weeks ago
I would swap out Hierarch for Ramunap Excavator that card is an absolute lifesaver when it comes to fixing and staying on curve. You might also consider trying to get a copy of Diabolic Intent i know it is pricey, but it is truly very good.
2 weeks ago
If you want to take this deck to the next level, you should consider the following cards:
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Deafening Silence/Eidolon of Rhetoric/Rule of Law and Defense Grid: to slow down storm- and spellslinger-decks, to deny cardadvantage/ramp and to protect yourself against control and combodecks
- Lapse of Certainty/Mana Tithe/Burnout nobody expects white counters
- Your deck is lacking carddraw! Wheel of Fortune, Painful Truths, Necropotence, Heartwarming Redemption, Phyrexian Arena, Night's Whisper, Azra Oddsmaker & Dark Confidant (/Sign in Blood/Dawn of Hope)
- Toxic Deluge/Fire Covenant/Darksteel Mutation/Vandalblast/Grasp of Fate/Fiery Confluence(/Austere Command/Crush Contraband/Forsake the Worldly) - these are really good removals
- All the Moxes like Mox Opal, Mox Diamond etc.
- Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame to play your commanders on Turn 2
- Play some of the good 2 mana rocks like Orzhov Signet or Talisman of Conviction
- Land Tax & Wayfarer's Bauble (if you run enough basic lands, like now)
- Smothering Tithe - THE white staple and especially good with Wheel effects
- Imperial Recruiter, Recruiter of the Guard, Gamble or Diabolic Intent
- Play Stax to keep your opponents in check! Rest in Peace, Aura of Silence, Trinisphere, Cursed Totem, Hushbringer/Torpor Orb & Stranglehold