Skip your draw step.
Whenever you discard a card, exile that card from your graveyard.
Pay 1 life: Exile the top card of your library face down. Put that card into your hand at the beginning of your next end step.
|Have (2)||, metalmagic|
|Want (4)||zachi , shpadoinkle , TanionTran , jasc5797|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Exiled (V09)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Rare|
|Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel (DKM)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 day ago
Evolution Sage > Lethal Vapors
The Elderspell > Tainted AEther
Oath of Gideon > Bolas's Citadel
Oath of Nissa > Oath of Jace
Vraska, Relic Seeker > The Chain Veil
Elspeth, Sun's Champion > Damnation
Sorin, Solemn Visitor > Teferi, Master of Time
Maze of Ith > Meekstone
Grim Tutor > Necropotence
3 days ago
In a word: spicy.
Consider swapping a swamp for an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth to maximize your Cabal Coffers, and adding in Geier Reach Sanitarium would play into your discard theme. I would replace Fabled Passage with it.
While your commander also give your cards, I would still get up to ten sources of card draw. For a repeatable discard engine, I would suggest Phyrexian Arena, Sign in Blood, Read the Bones, and Night's Whisper and the king of all black card draw, Necropotence. Necro might not play nice with your own discard, but I don't think you rely on reanimation enough for it to be an issue.
I really like this deck and hope this helps! +1
4 days ago
If you want to drop a bit more money, Sensei's Divining Top
2 weeks ago
Whip of Erebos -> Nightmare Shepherd The whip looks better than it actually is. I don't usually attack so the "lifelink" aspect is basically useless. The reanimation effect is too expensive, The Shepherd looks more efficient at what it is supposed to do.
Phyrexian Altar, Tombstone Stairwell -> Ashnod's Altar, Nim Deathmantle The point here is to include an infinite combo with creatures like Sengir Autocrat, Weaponcraft Enthusiast and Chittering Witch. Basically you can keep recasting the creature thanks to the Nim Deathmantle by sacrificing the tokens to the Ashnod's Altar. With a Blood Artist effect on the table is game over. Not the most efficient combo in here, but a solution that may become the backup plan.
This is the closest built from the final version of the deck i had in mind when i started building it. The last two changes would be Phyrexian Arena -> Necropotence and Necroskitter -> Contamination. I don't know If i want to get there because this deck looks pretty good imo as it is now.
3 weeks ago
A few suggestions:
- Erebos, God of the Dead for an additional Greed effect, plus life gain denial.
- Marauding Blight-Priest for a cheaper (or additional) Epicure of Blood effect.
- Sensei's Divining Top to complete the combo with Aetherflux Reservoir and Bolas's Citadel.
- Necropotence for insane card advantage.
- Deadly Rollick for handling indestructible creatures.
- Command the Dreadhorde for a cheaper Rise of the Dark Realms effect (plus planeswalkers!), since you can more easily offset the life loss.
- Black Market to capitalize on the creatures dying either to your aristocrat effects or simply the board wipes we experience in our play group.
- Deadly Tempest for a boardwipe whose downside is mitigated by your life gain. Obviously, things like Damnation are better, but it might be worth a slot to punish go-wide strategies.
- Defiant Bloodlord is an option for an additional Sanguine Bond effect, but I don't really recommend this one as the CMC is far too high especially considering you have the effect in the command zone.
- Pontiff of Blight can be wild if you have the mana and creature presence to abuse it.
- Vilis, Broker of Blood can be a back-breaking top end. Trading life for cards at a 1:1 ratio is wild, especially when attached to an 8/8 body with evasion. It also has the bonus ability of being able to get rid of indestructible creatures while garnering you card advantage.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions! I was looking for a few card to limit my opponents' draws but couldn't find any so Notion Thief and Narset, Parter of Veils are definitely going into the deck. I was going to eventually upgrade Mystic Remora to Rhystic Study but don't want to tatally break the bank on this deck yet. Necropotence is too synergistic for me to not put it in the deck though.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
You don't need mana to play things if you have citadel out; maybe I'm misunderstanding - but the point of top with citadel is to storm out with Aetherflux Reservoir. Redundancy is also a good thing in most cases unless you dispose linar game play. However, I do like your swaps but I urge you to give Necropotence a shot, being able to reload your hand each turn or using it as part of a combo feels fantastic.