|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana||Rare|
Combos Browse all
All creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn for each Swamp you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||ironax , Lucretian , DarkMagician , Mousemke , xpsychovampx , GoldGhost012 , bakeraj4 , raymaverick97 , Dr.Jackel , ZombieFood , EliGjerdingen , pskinn01 , Venser_the_Sojoner , RubyStrings , ericalt91 , Swamy , Sparky41 , miracle , golgarigirl , Va1mar , vashaclarens , TheRealPeaches|
2 days ago
Plague Wind costs way to much mana, Mutilate would be way more effective, same goes for Liliana Vess. Liliana of the Dark Realms has better effects in combo with your other cards. (Her Ult is great, and most ppl won't race to kill her.)
Bloodhunter Bat is also kinda meh, I'd swap it for some black 1 or 2 drop.
3 days ago
1 week ago
Some cheap, efficient sideboard option i like against burn are Gonti's Machinations, Pharika's Cure (which kills every creature burn plays) and Shadowfeed. Shadowfeed can also provide some graveyard hate, which you don't have, with Nihil Spellbomb.
2 weeks ago
Not Tomer, but I'm watching the stream! In a multiplayer format, focusing on abilities that hit multiple opponents will serve you much better than single shot effects like Bloodhusk Ritualist.
Earsplitting Rats, Miasmic Mummy, Rotting Rats, & Sibsig Icebreakers are more good ETB creatures. Since you're also running Merchant, a Conjurer's Closet can get you a lot of value. Stronghold Rats is nice consistent discard with damage. With your Commander, all this discard is not a hindrance at all to you.
3 weeks ago
Mutilate and Black Sun's Zenith add board control in addition instead of running mediocre creatures that wont do much add black burn like Bump in the Night and some overtime burn either from upkeep or draw like the card Underworld Dreams counterspells will also allow you to control the board more allowing for better set ups or for more drain
1 month ago
Been playtesting a lot and made already some changes which were suggested here:
Dreamborn Muse : Awesome card, even lategame just awesome. The mill is exactly what you need and even with a lot of GY hate there will always be stuff to exile an get back.
Illusionist's Bracers: Dropped Rings for this one cause it comes for free and often is forgotten because its just an Equipment. For me the cheaper and suprisinigly stronger card.
Shepherd of Rot: Had him online but he only puts a clock on the game cause I will drain myself with. Lost 2 games because of him because of some crazy Creature Pump on the other side with added up with my Shepherd. Went for Noxious Ghoul instead.
Bloodchief Ascension: In combination with Dreamborn Muse brutal card, ou will need a Counterspell for both to keep them alive a little bit. Can win games a little bit dirty but for the fun for it I will play it as long is I am allowed in my playgroup :D
And totally agree on Fleshbag Marauder - but I only like him at max turn 5. Otherwise they will be stuff there that people won't mind sacing (Tokens)
In my opinion the deck needs at least 2-3 cards of direct card removal to get little more control over the overall board situation. Mutilate / Go for the Throat // Barter in Blood may be worth a shot?
1 month ago
Hey there. Prepare for a wall of text, as I think you're on to something here but could benefit a lot from some additional information.
As I have been building and playing with a Demon deck for a few years now, and my group is transitioning from casual Legacy to Modern, I have a ton of suggestions, but I will try to keep them moderately priced, assuming you are operating on a budget.
The main reason that Demons aren't played by a wide array of people is that they cannot efficiently operate without mana acceleration. Your idea is to go the sacrificing route, but in its current form that is quite inconsistent, as there aren't many demons that you can push out quickly.
I see two main avenues you could go in order to push out Demons fairly quickly and with more consistency, and without having to play weak-ass creatures (That's not the point of a demon deck after all). Outside of Modern it would be considerably easier, but lets go the Modern route.
Route 1: Mana acceleration
The problem in modern is, that most mana acceleration engines are banned. Currently you don't have too many choices in this department and they rely on creature spells, which are prone to removal.
- Crypt Ghast Pretty good card, can let you push out any and all Demons in Turn 5, including Reiver Demon
- Nirkana Revenant 6 Mana is quite a lot, just to boost your actual mana-generation. Not recommended.
- Korlash, Heir to Blackblade Probably your best bet, as it can be incredibly powerful but likely not in your budget.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Again, probably not in your budget.
Route 2: Creature cost decrease
- Heartless Summoning Let this one sink in. It can be incredibly powerful and allow you to drop bombs as early as turn 5 and with consistency. If you rely solely on demons and other big stompers, the -1/-1 won't bother you in the slightest.
Specific card critique
- If you play Demons (which don't need any powerup) and plan to sacrifice your smaller creatures (they would die inevitably, the powerup would be wasted), there is no reason to play Unholy Strength.
- Tendrils of Corruption is probably better here than Consume Spirit
- It depends on the circumstance, but to keep you alive Tribute to Hunger can be better than Dark Banishing
- Larceny is just bad, unless multiples of your Imps survive until round 5, which is not a given.
- Oni Possession You might be trading three cards for one removal spell here. First, you sacrifice a creature, then you enchant your own. If the enemy casts a simple removal spell, you lost three cards, for +3/+3 and 3 mana.
Now, for the good part! More Demons, more powerful cards, a better mana curve and a stronger competitive focus!
- Desecration Demon Arguably the best Demon for a budget. He was even features in the duel deck, albeit a different one. And you really need more cards in the 4-mana Slot. With Heartless Summoning it can be played for 2, is a 5/5 flier and let's your opponents sacrifice creatures!
- Mutilate Boardsweeper, in case you end up being dominated before you can get out your fatties. As a bonus, if played early, your fatties will survive.
- Bloodgift Demon A 5-mana flying, demonized Phyrexian Arena. A total bomb.
- Read the Bones or Night's Whisper or Ambition's Cost Card Draw for a budget.
- Whip of Erebos Can be ridiculously overpowered in this deck.
- Lightning Greaves Haste and protection for 2 mana. Probably worth the investment, as it can be a powerhouse in most decks.
1 month ago
My wife wrecks me with a discard/life manipulation deck so there's some cards that make me rage particularly hard.
Mutilate might be preferable to Languish. Same CMC but it's -x per swamp. Since you're rolling almost exclusively swamps it will hit a bit harder than Languish on turn 5 or 6.
Megrim or Liliana's Caress is a big plus if you are rolling discard. They make Painful Quandry hit harder. Sangromancer lays down the pain and keeps you alive while your opponent hemorrhages their hand or gets their critters murdered. Quest for the Nihil Stone is a nice turn 1 that can sucker punch your opponent at the end, especially since you are considering spells like Funeral Charm to keep their hand empty.
Waste Not adds some goodies to your discard spells. That enchantment tends to be underappreciated.