|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
As Caged Sun enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures you control of the chosen color have +1/+1.
Whenever a land's ability adds one or more mana of the chosen color to your mana pool, add one additional mana of that color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Caged Sun Discussion
1 day ago
this deck is almost perfect but there are a couple cards you could add:
Caged Sun: creatures the color of your choice (cough cough Red) get +1/+1 and lands that provide said color produce an extra mana of that color.
Quest for the Goblin Lord: an easy way to give all your creatures +2/+0
Squee, Goblin Nabob: he just wont go away. so in a way he is reusable for sacking.
3 days ago
5 days ago
Hi and welcome on TappedOut !
Let me give you some advise based on what I see in your list. Did you consider these cards:
If I can be of any help on here, just give me a headsup on my wall. I am always willing to help people with their commander decks.
If you would like to check my commander deck, then click here. I always enjoy a new upvote :)
Have fun on here and with MtG!
6 days ago
Suggestions for your mana base:
Bad Moon, Eternal Thirst, and Lashwrithe are fine cards but your creatures are already so huge, I don't think you need them. I would just add more ramp instead: Ashnod's Altar (also serves as a sacrifice outlet), Caged Sun, and Expedition Map (to find Cabal Coffers).
Suggestions for draw and card advantage:
It seems like a great win condition is the interaction between your Commander and Maralen of the Mornsong so I recommend more tutor and dark spells to get the combo out. Maybe switch out: Cremate, Sanguine Bond, Unholy Hunger, Abyssal Persecutor, Visions of Brutality, and Vile Requiem for Night's Whisper, Dark Petition, Behold the Beyond, Ambition's Cost, Beseech the Queen and Viscera Seer.
Suggestions for removal spells:
Several of your removal spells cost alot of mana. To the Slaughter, Reach of Shadows, In Garruk's Wake, Dregs of Sorrow, and Annihilate could be replaced with Diabolic Edict, Hero's Downfall, Killing Wave, Malicious Affliction, and Grave Pact.
1 week ago
Livenoevil I would like you to play test this deck 15 times, use any deck you like to compare against it. This deck has been dominating in its random games against random players for quite some time as it is. I've found Caged Sun to be difficult to fit into the deck without losing key cards to help against opponent disruption. And each card has helped to improve the decks card flow and remain very consistant. The only card you suggested that I could consider is Myriad Landscape due to its ability to thin out the deck and put mana on my field. Great suggestions and thank you.
1 week ago
Notes: Recommend adding Caged Sun to improve consistency of the plan.
As i'm sure you know Snow-Covered Plains are extremely useful with Extraplanar Lens's global effect turning off the competitions normal Plains. I love Expedition Map and Weathered Wayfarer in the deck but I would recommend only using extremely high impact lands to go fetch with it. Try not to dilute your speed/ramp.
I would take out all non basics except Emeria, The Sky Ruin, Homeward Path (Only if your meta has creature stealing), Kor Haven, Strip Mine, (Only if your meta is colour greedy and you can mana screw ppl eg. Kaalia of the Vast) and Buried Ruin. Obviously replace with extra snow lands.
I would recommend Scrying Sheets (insane card advantage).
Notes: Most ppl recommend 38 lands for EDH deck with normal CMC commanders. You might want to add 1-2 extra snow lands.
If you are happy with my feedback I could take a closer look at the rest of the deck. Cheers.
1 week ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
Jwako on SPIDERS!!!!
1 week ago
Metallic Mimic or Adaptive Automaton seem way better than Caged Sun, i don't think the ramp matters much at turn 6 without a lot of card draw. The whole artifact setup seems kinda extraneous, maybe drop a bunch of those and add something like Overrun and/or maybe Collected Company? Maybe Tangle instead of- or in addition to Arachnogenesis, it kinda fits the flavour too and that 1 mana matters when there's a chance the opponent reads you and doesn't attack. If you're ok with straying from the "no non-spider creatures" idea, Elvish Mystic or Llanowar Elves would do wonders as a potential 1st turn drop to help get those 4CMCs on the board.