Masterwork of Ingenuity
Artifact — Equipment
You may have Masterwork of Ingenuity enter the battlefield as a copy of any Equipment on the battlefield.
Masterwork of Ingenuity Discussion
3 days ago
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
multimedia making a habit of popping in on my decks :p
Thanks for the input. I'll look into my equipment and cut some. I addition to the ones you mentioned, I really like Masterwork of Ingenuity , it can nab me a sword if my opponent's have one. The Sycthe lets me steel opponent's creatures, the Flail serves as a Grand Abolisher , Trepanation Blade and the Sword of Body and Mind give me another win-con in milling. Dagger serves as a mana rock, Amulet is card draw, Kusari-Gama works as a single player board wipe. I can see Godsend and Argentum Armor leaving, they're really just removal. But you do make a great point with the Equipment. Maybe work it down to 10. I'll have to check out what I have lying around. Between this and my Angel deck, I have spent way too much money this month.
1 month ago
Removed Danitha Capashen, Paragon & one Plains.
Added Phyrexian Revoker to sideboard.
2 months ago
A primer has to go more in-depth and compare cards to other options imo. For example...
Why so many deathtouch equipments? Aren't Grappling Hook and Nemesis Mask too mana intensive for what they do?
Why are the other boardwipes better than Mass Calcify ?
3 months ago
Great, I have built it and it's lots of fun. I made some changes based on my matches.
Krosan Verge - put Mutavault instead.
Helm of Kaldra
Mask of Avacyn
Sword of Kaldra
Masterwork of Ingenuity - I don't have it, will buy.
Asceticism - I don't have it and put Privileged Position instead.
Leonin Abunas - Privileged Position can protect kitties' toys.
Prowling Serpopard - I haven't seen someone counter kitties, so I put other things.
Raksha Golden Cub - Too big, I put Taj-Nar Swordsmith instead.
Steppe Lynx - I prefer Loam Lion, Steppe Lynx needs landfall.
Hunting Cheetah - I don't have it, will buy.
Teferi's Protection - I don't have it, will buy.
3 months ago
Masterwork of Ingenuity is also not modern legal, so I guess that's two easy cuts right there.
3 months ago
Lots of good advice and options above, but I'll chime in anyway!
First, a shameless plug of my own Sunforger deck! Super Smash Boros | Firesong & Sunspeaker EDH
Notable ones already mentioned:
- Teferi's Protection
- Deflecting Palm: biggest "gotcha" card ever
- Enlightened Tutor: not only does it get Sunforger, you can can also get it with Sunforger
- Boros Charm
Options that I don't think were mentioned:
- Chaos Warp: good removal.
- Dawn Charm: flexible fog.
- Settle the Wreckage: havn't had much succes with this personally, but it's an option.
- Argivian Find: good to get some recursion, especially if sunforger get's blown up.
- Dispatch: basically a better swords to plowshares in an artifact deck.
- Intimidation Bolt: good for stopping attacks that you don't want to happen(think Narset, Jeleva, Etali triggers).
- Price of Progress: Most damage for 2 mana you'll get. In the late game it becomes fantastic.
- Sulfurous Blast: another wipe option.
- Rootborn Defenses: protection, populate.
Other sunforger support cards you might want:
- Relic Seeker: Cheap tutor
- Auriok Windwalker: re-equip shenanigans.
- Auriok Steelshaper: smaller equip cost.
- Sculpting Steel: more sunforger!
- Masterwork of Ingenuity: EVEN MORE SUNFORGER!
- Brass Squire: re-equip shenanigans.
- Sigarda's Aid: flash it in, free equip.
Hope some of this helps!
Masterwork of Ingenuity occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%