|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
T, Tap an untapped creature you control: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||TehDelta , Regulus1010 , cryptoplasm , philktoken8998 , darthnuchi , JAT0 , DudeMan1031 , bakeraj4 , MoJoMiXuP , Spinalripper , golgarigirl , buildingadeck|
Springleaf Drum Discussion
6 days ago
You could do with fewer lands, since you have low mana cost, cantrips, and non-land mana sources. About 16 lands would be ok. You could make space for a whole set of Signal Pests in your mainboard that way.
Also: Why Paradise Mantle over Springleaf Drum? The one time during a game where it is really important (turn 1), mantle is a turn slower than drum (since mantle gives the creature it attaches to an ability, and has to wait for summoning sickness, whereas drum taps a creature as a cost for its own ability).
1 week ago
Every Affinity deck i have ever seen in any bigger tournament always played 4x of Springleaf Drum just saying...
Other budget friendly deck is Storm. I put together my list for around 200e and it's not anyway budget deck, it's just meta deck. (I know some people like playing fetches in Storm, but i would never put fetches in my Storm deck i don't like them at all in Storm.)
Storm just as a deck is not simple at all, it takes sometime to learn.
I don't like idea of Affinity as budget deck, cutting best cards takes off so much of the decks potential to kill fast. And affinity is super easy to disrupt after all, almost every deck plays hate against it.
For budget, Mono Red Burn is alright, but with 250$ budget you can put together Boros burn too which is much better, Storm is Tier 1 meta deck, someone mentioned Blue Steel it is another spicy option too, Hatebears can be budgeted pretty easily and it is probably still after that decent deck.
There are surprisingly lot of choices for this, but if you want to play aggressive deck Burn is easy choice for you, but still Storm is just a better deck though it's combo deck and everyone doesn't like to play those.
And Storm might get banned in next B&R announcement so that is one thing to remember.
In case you are interested i leave my own Storm list in here: Storm a Day keeps Grixis Shadow away
1 week ago
I threw this together because a few people are suggesting Affinity, this fits the 250 dollar budget and really sets you up for building it up to the Tier 1 deck.
1 week ago
Looks pretty good. +1 Some ideas to think on:
1 week ago
Yes and Yes.
Summoning sickness only applies to attacking or abilities that cost or . And this is very specifically those symbols, effects like Springleaf Drum can be used by tapping a creature with summoning sickness.
And when an ability says "activate this ability only once each turn" it means just that, not once per "round" of turns, once per turn.
2 weeks ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
3 weeks ago
hey guy's it was really cool to see my deck featured om this channel. i took it to an fnm shortly after i posted it and was just devastated by eldrazi tron and death's shadow and basically anything control, so it was cool to see it win. i admit that i would be stoaked to see it make flashback and if it did i found a couple of clear upgrades,(if this is annoying to read you can just delete it i like you channel and wouldn't presume to tell you how to do your job, i just feel strangely attached to this particular brew) the first clear upgrade is an addition of (or replacing Smuggler's Copter with) Springleaf Drum this makes the curve smoother and help's activate Duskmantle Guildmage the other is Welding Jar over Spellskite the lack of manna cost means it can hang out in your hand until it can be the shield it needs to be the card. before i forget Remand sucks, i hate that card it does nothing, absolutely nothing basically any other counter-spell or draw spell is an upgrade. another strong option i didn't see in the initial build is Glint-Nest Crane or collected brutality but the card that really blows this deck open is Whir of Invention it plays really well with the addition of Springleaf Drum and Welding Jar making getting whatever combo your going for a lot easier to get to or protect what you have or disrupt whatever your opponent is doing because it's at instant speed! i had a lot of fun watching atkst pilot the deck and thanks again for featuring it
4 weeks ago
Hey I notice that you are running some creatures that I think are sort of questionable. These creatures dont seem to do anything that you want to be doing if you are running trostani(i.e make tokens.).
Filigree Familiar ( I know you gain some life and draw a card but the life gain is not really doing much for you.it may be card draw buy you need something more reliable or soemthing that draws more cards.)
Pelakka Wurm (Same deal it gains you life but only once and dosn't do too much else other than be a big body)
Victory's Herald(dosn't seem to do too much for you and isnt on either side of your win plan. Which i assume is gain life or make big creatures.)
cards that might be good to add.any of the soul sisters. you are going to be making lots of creatures and if your win plan is based on gaining life they are a small mana investment that will pay off every turn that you are making creatures.
Desolation Twin. its big, its bad, it brings a buddy.
Any bit of ramp. You have green there are tons of green ramp cards better than Wayfarer's Bauble or Springleaf Drum in the case of spring leaf Cryptolith Rite wich is the budget version of Earthcraft any of the green ramp staples would be good to add.
Over all I think this is a cool deck you just need to focus on what your win cons are. Is it enchantments? Is it life gain? Is it beat face?? I think once you have a set win con it will be easier to pair down what cards are helping and what cards are just mediocre.
here are some good cards for the deck just to look over.
Also I made a Trostani deck in the past. It isnt my most recent build but here it is if you want some inspiration A Token of my Gratification