|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Hedron Archive: Draw two cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||Hootiequack , Mousemke , TheRealPeaches , Joblaska , buildingadeck , Psycheretic , meowCat1234 , MagnaAura , Kravian , GoldGhost012 , silvereh , ninjasupahsquid , LTmiller , brentkc49 , duff87 , chrishuffman95 , rikertchu , nakni , bakeraj4 , metljoe , philktoken8998|
|Want (43)||THP88 , LurchenGamer , Synchlor , kovellen , Lokotor , SmallSailor , sleepy104 , Ariumlegion , adb_slayer , loganbowers , B4rberblacksheep , , Pyromaster6425 , , obitus , Elphane , Falco101 , xcman380 , starkzero , eastly , DonRosenberger , Esquire_ , drubacka , Talonisnthavingit , snoopywashere , Hakira , ryuzaki32667 , ColtPale , TiredTofu , chrishuffman95 , VampiricJace , golgariizzet , Turtlelover73 , Chaospowers , rikimaru188 , xander025 , Jokulmorder1 , Arcan52 , imlinuxgeek , coadster , mlouden03 , kvfd1719 , itheoryz|
Hedron Archive Discussion
2 weeks ago
I have one really big problem with this deck! Where's Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker? If you are going for control or turning people against them nothing says that better than him! "Oh you played a Ulamog, that's cute. Now I played YOUR Ulamog! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
So I understand your theme, but I think you are going a little heavy on the theme and a little light on the execution. You have all these super expensive creatures with no way to cheat them out and not enough ramp in the deck.
Also just some card cuts I'd suggest:
- Thraximundar: Great commander, otherwise it's just too expensive
- Quicksilver Gargantuan: Just play Phyrexian Metamorph it's much cheaper and copies anything
- Prince Of Thralls: People will always pay the 3 life for any creature that is actually worth you bringing back
- Blood Tyrant: Too expensive
- Diluvian Primordial: I get it... But your assuming you're going to have a good target with this.
- Dragon Tempest: you don't have enough dragons to get value out of this
- In Garruk's Wake: Great card, too expensive, just run Damnation
Some card suggestions:
- Bribery: Just a better version of Primordial
- Disciple of Bolas: oh the flavor! Besides flavor, this is a solid card in your deck
- Wheel of Fortune: This is gonna be a much better card than Windfall because if you have no hand you still draw seven! Plus this can help you put a creature in the grave to Scarab God into play
- God-Pharoah's Gift: if you decide to play with all these high casting cost creatures the best way to cheat them out is grave recursion, and this is a free Reanimation every turn
- Liliana of the Veil: If you are going to play discard she is the best.
- Memnarch+Liquimetal Coating: Great combo and it would let you steal any permanent you wanted.
- Leyline of Anticipation/Vedalken Orrery: Since you are playing control, meaning you are holding up mana for turns on end, you should always be able to respond with any kind of answer including permanents not just counters
- MORE REMOVAL, LESS COUNTERS: what about the one time you tap out and you can't counter something? You need cards to deal with threats. Ex: Hero's Downfall, Vraska's Contempt, Doomblade
- MORE TUTORS!: You can't be a schemer(insert joker meme) without ways to make your schemes unfold when you want them too!
Just a few cards for ramp:
3 weeks ago
In a gist, less removal, more ramp, creatures and lands.
This is a solid deck. It really has some power in some places. The trick is getting it to be cohesive. Right now there doesn't seem to be a real solid theme or focus which makes the deck unwieldy during play. It wouldn't take much to fix this, though. I think it would be a good idea to focus on getting Athreos out and then playing value creatures and forcing opponents to make the decision on whether or not you get to play those creatures an additional time.
Cards to pull: Removal - You have more than enough in here so you can cut some of the less effective (more restrictive) cards like Divine Verdict, Pillar of Light, Ghostly Possession, Reprisal, Murderous Cut, Arrest, Suppression Bonds, Doom Blade or Armament of Nyx. (I put the cards in order of what I would think is best to pull to worst to pull). I would generally stay away from creature based removal here because you want to increase the number of creatures you have in the deck.
Other - These are cards that kinda just take up a slot. They're generally not bad, but they kinda pull this deck in directions that don't help the deck win like it should. These include Raise Dead, Baneful Omen, Edge of the Divinity, Cutthroat Maneuver, Erebos's Titan, Nighthowler, Pontiff of Blight, and Hopeful Eidolon. I hesitate to put the creatures on here cuz I think it would be best to have more creatures than fewer but these ones are good things to cut if you're looking to make more room.
Cards to add: Generally, I'd try to slot in some more ramp cards like Sol Ring, Orazca Relic, Orzhov Signet, Commander's Sphere, Solemn Simulacrum and the like. Also you could do with more card draw. For instance Dusk Legion Zealot, Ambition's Cost, Read the Bones, Hedron Archive, etc. And then put in some more quality creatures. Maybe they should have etb or death effects like Merciless Executioner, Fleshbag Marauder, Demon of Dark Schemes, Elenda, the Dusk Rose, Blood Artist, and more. Or maybe they're just solid creatures like Bontu the Glorified, Cataclysmic Gearhulk, Crested Sunmare, Urgoros, the Empty One, or Vona, Butcher of Magan. Maybe even a couple more board clearers like Crux of Fate, Bontu's Last Reckoning, Fumigate, or Hour of Revelation
Essentially, this deck has the structure to be real strong. It just needs some focus and a few upgrades to really get where it wants to go. Hope this helps.
4 weeks ago
My recommendations for cuts are as follows:
- Captivating Crew
- Grove Rumbler
- Scute Mob
- Seismic Elemental
- Woodland Wanderer
- Natural Connection
- Scour from Existence
- Crash Through
- Gaea's Blessing
- Hellion Eruption
- Mob Rule
- Nissa's Renewal
- Primal Command
- Seek the Horizon
- Warp World
- 2x Forest
- 1x Mountain
- Domri Rade
- Blood Rites
- Bonds of Mortality
- Explorer's Scope
- Gruul Cluestone
- Hedron Archive
- Nevinyrral's Disk
- Slab Hammer
There are other recommendations I have for changes. For now I’ll start you off with that and if you want more suggestions, let me know.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Consider getting a Gilded Lotus. It just got reprinted so, it's $3 or so now, a Thran Dynamo, a Mind Stone, and a Hedron Archive, for rocks. For lands, Isolated Chapel, Dragonskull Summit, and Clifftop Retreat, to finish up your check lands, add some filter lands too(Graven Cairns and the like), for options besides the obvious fetch/shock/ABU duals. Definitely put in the Supreme Verdict. The deck has no boardwipes, in fact, the deck also lacks in good removal too. Anguished Unmaking and Utter End are auto-includes in any deck in Black and White, and so is Merciless Eviction. Other options include Go for the Throat, Cast Down, Settle the Wreckage , Decree of Pain, and Wrath of God/Damnation. As for other includes, the fact that Grand Architect in in the deck means that Pili-Pala should be as well. Darksteel Forge should be included as well as Arcum Dagsson, Thopter Spy Network for free thopters every turn(and free tutors with Arcum), Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle to open up new combo lines, extra card draw like Thoughtcast, also definitely include Jhoira. That's where I would start with improving the deck. I see the beginnings of a solid deck here though. Good job.
1 month ago
What about Jace's Erasure which let you draw 2 Cards each turn... it's a Rhystic Study with less CMC and much cheaper in price. Additionally I would recommend Hedron Archive for early Ramp and Carddraw in the lategame when you have enough mana to spare. Deranged Assistant and Millikin let you "draw" cards and ramp you early to get Muldrotha way earlier.
I would in fact think about playing no instants or sorceries at all to get more value out of your commander and nearly every instant or sorcery effect is now available on a permanent type - maybe sometimes not that good but good enough to want to abuse it.
Another card i would change would be Shriekmaw... Cards like Ravenous Chupacabra or Noxious Gearhulk dont have any restrictions and Gearhulk also gives you life and can hit enemies hard due to Menace. In commander, usually played as multiplayer, I think it is more important to be able to hit as many threats as possible. And I live and play EDH in the sense of "think BIG"... so I would pay 2 CMC more every day for the chance to hit that nasty Sheoldred or Grave Titan.
And one of the most underrated card-draw cards for Muldrotha imo is Jace's Archivist. It gives you alot of value and also cripples our enemies by letting them discard their precious cards they just tutored or drew...In my opinion much better and usefull in that deck than Fact or Fiction or Vessel of Nascency
1 month ago
So here are some suggestions, feel free to accept/ignore them as much as you want :).
1) I think the biggest issue your deck faces is that you are running a lot of cards that aren't terribly impactful in a 40 life, multiplayer format. For example, most of your card draw is either a one-off effect or tied to another spell that doesn't do a whole lot (i.e. Peppersmoke or Brainbite). I'd suggest adding card draw effects which either accumulate you more cards (i.e. Fact or Fiction, Stroke of Genius, etc.) or even better, are repeatable effects (i.e. Greed, Mystic Remora, Bident of Thassa, etc). Repeatable effects are key in EDH.
2) You are using a lot of spaces in your deck for effects that give your creatures evasion. I don't think you really need that much because most of your creatures already have evasive abilities. If you do want to devote some space however, there are much stronger options that you could consider like Whispersilk Cloak, Mask of Riddles, Sword of Feast and Famine and its siblings, Dauthi Embrace, Thassa, God of the Sea, Cloak and Dagger, etc.
3) Here is an obligatory promotion for Cyclonic Rift and Rite of Replication in any blue deck. Also, you probably want to run a couple more board wipes. Decree of Pain, Toxic Deluge, and Black Sun's Zenith are great. You also might want some more ramp. Talisman of Dominance, Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, and Thaumatic Compass Flip are all really great options.
4) Alongside repeatable effects, flexible cards are extremely powerful in EDH. You are going tribal here, so a card like Vanquisher's Banner would be amazing. It boosts your tribe and provides card draw. Herald's Horn is another option.
5) I think you could be running a stronger removal package as well. Instead of running tap effects, why not just run straight kill spells like Hero's Downfall, Silence the Believers, Vraska's Contempt, Attrition, etc.?
Lastly, I'll leave you with my deck Pocket Sand. Feel free to take ideas from it. It isn't a rogue/faerie tribal deck and it plays a more political game than yours, but it is similar to your deck in that it likes to use small, evasive creatures to out value opponents to eventually win the game.
Good luck deck building! +1
P.S. Some of the cards that I suggested aren't very budget friendly, but there are tons of cheaper replacements that do almost the same thing.
1 month ago
Also I count Zero ways to draw cards besides sac'ing your Hedron Archive. You should fix that: