|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tap two untapped creatures you control: You may put a creature card from your hand into play that shares a creature type with each creature tapped this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||Forkbeard , Supremespeed , golgarigirl , Xue-Kaihua , Dr.Jackel , sonnet666 , Skydra2 , aeonstoremyliver|
|Want (4)||pskinn01 , Wiggins , Turtlelover73 , Fergernuggets|
Cryptic Gateway Discussion
1 week ago
Hi there, I was wondering if you have considered just a few stax cards since you will most likely have enough tokens to offset their effects? The cards I'm mostly thinking of are Smokestack, Small Pox and maybe even Descent into Madness? deathcloud and Pox might be too much though.
1 week ago
I LOVE ANGELS!
How about a Silver Seraph - EDH games tend to go long enough for 'threshold' to hit.
Cryptic Gateway is an easy way to slam your winged avengers into play.
2 weeks ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
3 weeks ago
I'm a huge fan of Mage Slayer in big beaty decks!
1 month ago
Four wonderful suggestions gdm1989! Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I really like the idea of Cryptic Gateway and Gishath, Sun's Avatar playing off of each other. Gishath attacks and puts some creatures onto the field then I tap those creatures to play the cards in hand for free.
Like the Archangel Avacyn Flip and Selfless Spirit abilities so I will def add them to the maybe board and try play testing those out. It started as a tribal dinosaurs deck obviously, but if I can abuse the indestructible creatures by adding these two, that will help me cast my Star of Extinction more often than not.
1 month ago
Quicksilver Amulet is a good way to cheat them out same with Cryptic Gateway I used my toshiro umezawa deck against Gishath but his deck were using angels to double attack and cheat them out. I would also maybe Archangel Avacyn Flip and Selfless Spirit
1 month ago
1 month ago
I'd say you have a lot of creatures and a bit heavy on the land (you could slim down mountains since you don't have much red in the deck currently). You have a half human/half angel theme going so you rock that if you'd like, but if the end goal is angels, make the focus angels. Slim down some of the filler humans and maybe replace some with tribal boosters like Adaptive Automaton, Metallic Mimic, Obelisk of Urd, Cryptic Gateway, Belbe's Portal to name a bunch. Or if you just want some other good angels, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight is just fantastic. If you want to go battle heavy, Aurelia, the Warleader or Anya, Merciless Angel are both solid choices. Maybe a few boardwipes since you can protect your creatures like Wrath of God. Or you could add some just EDH staples like Solemn Simulacrum or Lightning Greaves. Hope this helps! Pick anything you like, you don't need to throw all of this in your deck but it gives you an idea of what else is out there!
(Plus you might want to remove Karakas since it's banned in EDH)