|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tap two untapped creatures you control: You may put a creature card from your hand into play that shares a creature type with each creature tapped this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||Supremespeed , MyTotoro , Skydra2 , Big-Foot , sonnet666 , Forkbeard , Spinalripper , golgarigirl , Xue-Kaihua , Dr.Jackel , aeonstoremyliver|
|Want (3)||pskinn01 , Turtlelover73 , Fergernuggets|
Cryptic Gateway Discussion
2 weeks ago
This deck needs Cryptic Gateway. Such a broken card with this deck.
3 weeks ago
Cryptic Gateway let's you just play spiders from your hand for free.
Everything else looks pretty good
4 weeks ago
Dinosaur Tribal is one of the more difficult decks to build and I have not built it myself, but if it runs anything like a Mayel Beast Tribal the only real glaring omissions are Defense of the Heart and Wild Pair to replace some of the more vanilla creatures like Bonded Horncrest
There are some other nice cheat and tutor cards Quicksilver Amulet, Rishkar's Expertise, Tooth and Nail, Natural Order, Deathrender, and Cryptic Gateway but a few land tutoring spells like Explosive Vegetation or Land Tax may work better with your commander.
With only 2 Basic Mountains in the deck, Dormant Volcano can be replaced with a basic land.
4 weeks ago
Cryptic Gateway is one of my favorite tribal cards. It can pretty much get all your slivers out with Sliver Overlord and Mana Echoes. Plus if you get Paradox Engine in there, you can cast just one sliver to restart the madness.
1 month ago
So i've been considering getting Cryptic Gateway and Sundial of the Infinite cause the shenanigans that this allows for is absolutely ridiculous. Gonna explain a few quick scenarios so that way this hopefully makes sense.
- **Opening Hand** 3 basic lands to pay for creature, Sol Ring, Goblin Electromancer or Harbinger of the Tides, Wanderwine Prophets, Cryptic Gateway.
- **Turn 1** Play land, cast Sol Ring.
- **Turn 2** Play basic land, durdle if you've drawn anything good. In the event you manage to draw a Sundial, this is the turn to do it.
- **Turn 3** Play basic land, cast Cryptic Gateway for 5
- **Turn 4** Play basic land, Tap 2 lands and pay for creature, pay 1 to make copy. Tap both copies of creature to cheat out Wanderwine Prophets. Pay 1 to make copy, Champion original, Move to Combat with the Copy, If attack succeeds, sac the copy, pay 1 to make copy again, move to end step, copy fizzles, pay 1 again to make new copy that lasts into next turn and then go infinite. In the event you got Sundial and played it, you can also pay 1 to end the turn instead of going to end step and it has the same effect.
- It's extremely situational but example of how this card can absolutely break games and be a stax piece honestly. I was test playing it against my Zombie Deck and had the weirdest stuff happen. I had Sundial and Intruder Alarm on the battlefield already, and I played Puppeteer Clique and copied it. I took Lich Lord of Unx and Gravespawn Sovereign from the graveyard and made 3 tokens with Lich Lord. Tapped the five of them and took every single creature out of both graveyards and suddenly had a field of about 20 creatures. Making copies of any wizards along the way.
1 month ago
I like the idea of the vivid lands, Brutal_B, but I need to go fast with this deck so I've tried to avoid lands that enter tapped where possible.
How does your Eldrazi deck do for tokens / bigger Eldrazi? When I first made this deck, I tried to incorporate both the big Eldrazi and tokens but found I was struggling to do well at either strategy. I ended up taking out most of the token-bits and shortly after that I removed Cryptic Gateway, too. Definitely a good card - I just often don't have Eldrazi out until I have big Eldrazi out.
Defense of the Heart, yes it's hard to argue with. Putting that on the table while playing Eldrazi typically means someone will take it out before it goes off, but then they use their removal on my enchantment and not the actual Eldrazi that come out. And the rare times DotH actually goes off, hello Eldrazi Titan Bros!
1 month ago
Have you considered running the vivid lands? Are you familiar with Cryptic Gateway? I have it in my 4 color Eldrazi edh deck and it works wonders if you have a couple scions/spawns out. Defense of the Heart is pretty ridiculous in the early game.
2 months ago
thank you for your message, really appreciate the offer
this is my current deck, as see the maybe list and the descripton, i have had some help and have been working hard on trying to make this a better deck
i have only been playing 8 or so months, still very new
discord sounds nice but i an a little people shy haha
if you could take a peek at my deck and see what's what and what you think might make this better
My LGS is sorta Competitive-Casual with Competitive decks. It's weird but basically we play commander to chill out and have fun, I have recently joined in at my LGS in the last few months but they run really tough decks as they have been playing for years, one guy I met has been playing since Ice Age, though it's pretty chill environment. Not sure percentage.
I have seen people running Jora of the Ghitu (suspend, eldrazi, mishna's workshop in this deck it's roughly worht $3,000), The Ur-Dragon, Progenitus, Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord etc.
People generally play chaos, tokens, mill, one guys runs an equipment deck with a 3 cost (two white, 1 colourless) cat not sure the name
I do get flattened constantly in multiplayer and on the rare occasion win 1v1
on the advice on someone i threw in, in place of what I removed (crown, scepter, throne of empires , coat of arms, rogue's passageway), Launch the Fleet, Decree of Justice, Boros Signet, Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, Swords to Plowshares
according to my page my competitive vs casual is now 50/50 instead of 34compet/66cas
from my research a truly competitive aurelia solider deck is a pipe dream but i ma sure that i can make this deck a serious threat and much stronger at going toe to toe
My main issues are I find it hard to recover from board wipes, I run out of gas, great mana ramp and then I just sit there, cause I am not drawing fast enough, even with my mana draw card, my other major issue is dealing with flying, and hitting them before they hit me and win
anyway this getting really long, have a peek at my deck and description and see what you think, I have been trying really hard to make a solid deck and willing to alter whatever I need too, 2 of the cards in maybe Stormfront Riders and Cryptic Gateway allow infinite soldier spawn but not sure if that's a good idea or not, not sure on equipment tutors as this ins't a Voltron deck (I know some terms, not many but some haha)
anyway rambling again let me know