|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Disciple of the Vault
Creature — Human Cleric
Whenever an artifact is put into a graveyard from play, you may have target opponent lose 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Disciple of the Vault Discussion
2 days ago
Steel Hellkite, maybe Thundering Spineback, Scavenging Ooze, Deadeye Tracker, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Soul of New Phyrexia, Soul of Ravnica, Soul of Zendikar, Soul of Innistrad, Fertilid, Cryptbreaker, Geth, Lord of the Vault, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Cemetery Reaper, Silklash Spider, Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief, Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet, Memnarch, Thrasios, Triton Hero, Polukranos, World Eater, Chameleon Colossus, Heroes' Bane, Viral Drake, Ant Queen, Champion of Stray Souls, Sphinx of Magosi, Stitcher Geralf, Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter
Deadeye Navigator would go infinite with a creature that produces 2 or more blue mana and a haste enabler, such as Concordant Crossroads. Kind of clunky as a 4-card combo, but it's on theme. ALso deadeye is just good to protect from removal.
Remember with these infinite mana combos that infinite mana means infinite Tasigur activations, so you draw your whole deck, and you can mill everyone out with infinite Reality Shifts, which is a good removal spell on its own.
4 days ago
Here's some ideas:
If an opponent has a poison counter, Throne of Geth can proliferate them to death. Throw in some planeswalkers for bonus points proliferating loyalty. Are there any energy cards worth proliferating?
Sending a Jinxed Idol to the opponent would encourage them to sacrifice their own critters to prevent the damage, but speed up the Treasure clock. Seems like it would be too casual.
1 week ago
If you're looking to add a little more consistency to your ability to go infinite, there are a few options:
- Nim Deathmantle is basically a second copy of Eldrazi Displacer that you can fetch with Fabricate.
- Ashnod's Altar / Krark-Clan Ironworks go infinite with Displacer/Deathmantle and Breya. They don't give you the infinite colored mana to steal the entire board with Memnarch, but the whole combo is fetchable with Saheeli.
- If you're running Pia's Revolution, it may be worth running Thopter Foundry / Sword of the Meek.
- You have the Sharuum + Sculpting Steel / Metamorph combo, but no payoffs. Those cards are an instant win with Blood Artist or Disciple of the Vault.
- Not sure what your budget is, but if you're running Disk/Forge already, you might consider Mycosynth Lattice / Vandalblast.
In terms of possible cuts:
- As weird as it sounds, Deadeye Navigator is a little awkward in Breya. You're 4-color, so the blue in its activation cost ends up being really awkward. It's not bad, but Breya is so packed with broken options that Deadeye ends up not actually being one of the best things you can do with 8 mana (casting cost + first activation).
- Training Grounds is probably worth watching. It seems right on the borderline.
- Hangarback Walker is likely going to end up a little awkward. You have a lot of recursion that puts things directly in to play, which it doesn't work with at all. It's also kind of slow. If you're looking to generate thopters, something like Thopter Spy Network might actually do more work.
- Vedalken Orrery is probably one to watch as well. Playing at instant speed is fun, but given that you're not running any counters or draw spells, it's largely just giving a modest amount of board protection. In most cases, you're probably not flashing in your whole combo, and if you lose a piece, there's tons of graveyard recursion. Might actually be better to just run 1-2 counterspells.
2 weeks ago
Looks good! Some comments by card:
Clock of Omens - Cool tech for tapping down Winter Orb, I might have to consider running that myself.
Elsewhere Flask, Ichor Wellspring - I ran these in earlier builds of the deck and they ended up getting cut. They always underperformed. Eggs that are just eggs and nothing else don't strike me as particularly valuable for Glissa.
Buried Ruin - Another early cut. Redundancy for Glissa's ability isn't worth giving up colored mana.
Forbidden Orchard - This is just a great idea, and I'm definitely putting it into my deck. Lets Glissa Mindslaver-lock any deck, even one that's not creature heavy.
Grim Backwoods - Another early cut. Maybe your build wants it as you're a bit more creature heavy, and it works well with your Junk Diver and Myr Retriever.
Temple of the False God - I'm not a believer in this card. Too often it's just a dead draw.
Disciple of the Vault - I'm not convinced that this guy's worth it here.
3 weeks ago
Delver stands out immediately to me. If you don't play it yourself, expect a lot of it. Probably some infect as well. The budget restriction will limit most people to only playing 1 colored decks. Perhaps death and taxes could be playable on a budget. Also affinity: Disciple of the Vault is insane.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Mikeyel16Liked the idea of adding Glimmerpost and Cloudpost but I had to lose some Disciple of the Vault and some other cards, so they could fit and I realy liked what came out at the end.I might add Skullclamp in place of Ichor Wellspring when playing casual.Thanks