|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Open the Armory
Search your library for an Aura or Equipment card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||acbooster , MythicMeadow , plof , Mousemke , Reliva , pskinn01 , rikertchu , MattN7498 , TheBl0b , , bakeraj4 , Vasbear1 , TheRealPeaches , MoJoMiXuP , Azdranax|
Open the Armory Discussion
1 week ago
You'll then want the soul sisters to counteract the damage with lifegain! Every token you get gains you a life, so you end up even on life and now have tokens! Soul's Attendant, Soul Warden, Suture Priest, and maybe Anointer Priest!
Cathars' Crusade will be really good!
Hope some of this helps!
2 weeks ago
@NensouHiebara - I hear you,
Board the Weatherlight leaves something to be desired in light of cards like Enlightened Tutor, Open the Armory, and Steelshaper's Gift. Though for argument's sake, there's currently 25 artifacts in your deck, with 6 other possible targets that are either legendary creatures, lands or planeswalkers that could be hit off of it. 31 total out of 99 isn't terrible odds to get something of value. White doesn't get to dig/scry without artifacts. It would be possible to whiff, but it wouldn't happen very often given the current density of possible hits.
Weatherlight is more of the same from the above mentioned point, it just has the benefit of being repeatable. I was just thinking that the vehicle would have been so much more playable if it had Haste in addition to Flying. Would that have changed your assessment of the card?
3 weeks ago
Thanks for your comments! Sorry this is such a late reply life has been busy recently so I haven't been able to dedicate time to my hobbies, but I'll address both your questions:
Nic44 Thank you for the support! Open the Armory has been a great addition, it was on my testing list for a while and is a vast improvement on Steelshaper's Gift. That is because of the reasons you listed, since that gives me more lines and allows the deck to run more fluently :) ! I'll keep Necromancy in for now as it is a dynamic win condition but I'll elaborate in this next part.
YourOwnFreeWill Thanks for the additional feedback I apreciate it a lot, and I apologise again for how long i've put off my reply. Yawgmoth's Will is a value card first and foremost. It allows us to recover from failed combo attempts later in the game and can pull together lines when we are trying to win the game. An example of this is it allows us to reuse our Dark Ritual effects and abuse Lion's Eye Diamond as well, we can drain this excess mana into Rolling Earthquake to kill everyone but by using Angel's Grace survive the damage and/or this can be coupled with Blood Artist effects and creatures to drain for additional damage. Another use for Yawgmoth's Will is it allows us to transfer our floating mana from rituals into 'static mana' (mana invested in permanents such as Sol Ring) to hold up the Leonin Relic-Warder combo for the next player upkeep with a combination of Entomb or Insolent Neonate, Necromancy and a Blood Artist effect. The Leonin Relic-Warder line can be supported by the use of doomsday to put cards back into our library or return them to our hands using a combination of Doomsday and Skullclamp or razaketh, the foulblooded , some cards worth returning are discard and interaction for the next upkeep. A side note, when attempting this line be sure to remove Faerie Macabre from opponent's hands as there is no way of recovering at instant speed to it's activation.
Thanks for spending your time commenting people, I'll attempt to be somewhat punctual when addressing comments and updates but it is getting harder for me to do so, but I will keep trying :D. Hope you all have a good easter!
4 weeks ago
Hello people! I've tested out my Firesong and Sunspeaker deck and it was a blast, so I've decided to start buying/trading for it!
I've updated my binder and am also willing to pay via PayPal if I get a decent price :)
What I want priority:
- Mistveil Plains, Scavenger Grounds, Buried Ruin, Clifftop Retreat, Command Tower
- Neheb, the Eternal, Sol Ring, Solemn Simulacrum, Primal Amulet Flip, Treasonous Ogre, Coalition Relic, Pyromancer's Goggles, Worn Powerstone, Marble Diamond, Fire Diamond
- Azor's Gateway Flip, Lightning Greaves, Swords to Plowshares, Expedition Map, Tithe
- Humble Defector, Well of Lost Dreams, Open the Armory, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- And any of the other < $1 stuff in the binder.
I prefer trading my one expensive card for lots a little ones :)
Stuff I got:
- Eldrazi Conscription
- Leyline of Anticipation
- 2x Gideon of the Trials
- Sulfur Falls
- As Foretold
And more stuff too!
Binder! I'm waiting on most of the > $10 stuff to make sure I really want them, but if you have a good deal I'll take em :)
Thanks in advance! Post here, in the binder, or enable chat and we'll talk!
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Cool deck, this is definitely worthy of a higher tier ranking imo.
Wouldnt Open the Armory be better than Steelshaper's Gift? Its only one more mana and has the added utility of snagging Animate Dead or Dance of the Dead, possibly even allowing for a cut of Necromancy.
1 month ago
I saw your mention of playing Karona on a different list, so had to hunt down your deck and give it a look!
Couple quick thoughts I had:
Instead, consider Armadillo Cloak, which heals you every time Karona attacks, even if by other players.
For your other free slot, I might consider Open the Armorya solid budget tutor which can find one of your more useful vows.
1 month ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!