|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition II||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Dance of the Dead
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature card in a graveyard
When Dance of the Dead enters the battlefield, if it's in play, it loses "enchant creature card in a graveyard" and gains "enchant creature put into play with Dance of the Dead." Return enchanted creature card to play tapped under your control and attach Dance of the Dead to it. When Dance of the Dead leaves the battlefield, that creature's controller sacrifices it.
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
At the beginning of the upkeep of enchanted creature's controller, that player may pay (1)(Black). If he or she does, untap that creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Dance of the Dead Discussion
19 hours ago
Thanks, etapollo13! I have the infinite combo in there for playing against more competitive decks. If i'm playing more casually I will avoid that route and seek to reanimate and just out-value my opponents.
Villainous Wealth is such a fun card - was in this deck for a long time! I only took it out recently as I was trimming down substantially ready for some more competitive matches. I might side it in sometime! I haven't really though about the other two - they would certainly work though!
I had a look at your deck and it looks good. I think putting in some reanimation would be really great - you have some great curve toppers in there so cheating them out early with stuff like Entomb and Dance of the Dead etc seems pretty powerful!
2 days ago
De un, tu as trop peu de lands. Monte le nombre total 37. a serait ma premire suggestion.
Deuximement, tu joues vert; o donc est le ramp? Tu veux avoir un dbut un peu plus explosif pour avoir Meren sur le board le plus tt possible, ou du moins, t'assurer d'avoir assez de mana pour toujours la caster. Je ne te dis pas de mettre toutes les cartes, mais deux-trois a ne serait pas mauvais. Golgari Signet c'est quasiment un must pour te corriger dans tes couleurs si jamais tu fais une btise.
Il y a des meilleurs sac outlets qu'Altar of Dementia. Personnellement je runnerais plutt Carrion Feeder ou Yahenni, Undying Partisan. Ce sont des cratures gnantes/para-tonnerres et c'est dj plus synergique.
Living Death je l'utilise comme un anti-wipe. Si je viens de me faire clear le board, a me permet de tout ramener, Meren incluse, tout en liminant le board d'un autre (potentiellement). N'importe quel reanimator deck devrait le jouer selon moi.
Mimic Vat c'est juste fun. a te permet de ramener non seulement ton stock, mais aussi celui des adversaires, sans pour autant nuire Meren. Je pense toujours des cratures comme Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof, Hornet Queen qui ont des gros ETB. a te permet une certaine flexibilit si jamais Meren n'est plus sur le board.
On en parlait d'ETB. Je mettrais dfinitivement les 3 ici. Acidic Slime te permet de controller le board de l'adversaire, mme chose pour le Gearhulk, quelque chose que ton deck ne fait pas assez selon moi. En 1v1 c'est pas trop grave, mais en multi, a va te manquer ne pas avoir rien pour grer tes adversaires. Mycoloth te permet de trigger Meren tout en gardant un board impressionant. Pas MVP, mais il peut faire des dgts en pompant Meren, ou mme juste seul.
Control. Grer le board state pour qu'on vienne pas dtruire le tien. Quelques cartes qui peuvent faire la diffrence en empchant un joueur de devenir trop gros. Tu as besoin de flexibilit, Putrefy que tu as dj est un bon exemple.
L on tombe dans de quoi que j'adore avoir en tant que reanimator. Des mass draw. Tu veux que ta main soit pleine en tout temps. C'est pas grave si tu as trop de cartes, tu discarderas tes monstres pour les ramener avec Meren de toute faon. a te permet d'avoir tes rponses si jamais quelqu'un tente de prendre le dessus notamment. Quelques uns l-dedans ont une particulirement bonne synergie avec Meren. Momentous, un instant, magnifique, je l'utilise gnralement pour en profiter du fait qu'on vient de dtruire mon commander. 4MC pour 4 cartes si tu sac une Meren qui s'en va dj au cimetire, pas un mauvais trade. Reprocess te permet de trigger Meren. Greater Good te permet de trigger Meren en plus d'alimenter ton graveyard avec des cratures. L'ide c'est d'avoir de la synergie avec ce que tu joues.
L on tombe dans le malheur d'avoir un deck qui est trs focus sur un commander troublant. On a deux choix, soit tu dvies de Meren en jouant plus de cartes qui reanimate (ex. Animate Dead, Rise from the Grave, Dance of the Dead,etc) ou tu joues plus de protection. Si tu peux faire les deux, tant mieux.
Je pense a couvre pas mal toutes les ides que j'avais pour ton deck. C'est sr qu'il y a plein de cartes que tu pourrais rajouter, mais c'est quoi enlever qui finit par tre le problme.
Moi j'ai quelques cartes que j'enlverais de ta liste :
Sensei's Divining Top
Triumph of the Hordes (drle quand a marche, mais il y a mieux selon moi).
Altar of Dementia
Evolutionary Leap (y indiqu 2 fois)
Song of the Dryads (cool quand tu joues contre quelqu'un qui ne run pas du anti enchantement, ce qui est trs rare. T'as accs du noir. Joues un vrai anti-crature tant qu' y tre)
Vow of Malice (mme chose que Song).
3 days ago
Hi Herbysmoke, sorry missed your message there.
1) Far too dangerous, with Worldgorger Dragon ETB on the Stack, the Worldgorger Dragon is removed from play, either a targeted removal like a Swords to Plowshares, Terminate, or a Cyclonic Rift, basically anything that triggers his LTB onto the stack before the ETB resolves. In this case, you return nothing first, then exile everything.
2) Worldgorger Dragon on his own doesn't do anything. He needs a Piranha Marsh or something with an ETB Damage triggered ability, or he needs something to do with the Infinite Mana, like an Aurelia's Fury. You also probably want to stack a Necromancy and maybe a Dance of the Dead with him as well. My guess is 5 cards to make Worldgorger Dragon a viable option. Significantly changes the deck, would lose some of my Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker pieces.
3) On his own, he's not really that viable. As a combo, he's great, without the combo pieces in place, he's not that great. That's what finally led to the demise of Maralen of the Mornsong in the deck too, hate cards that are a dead draw on their own without the necessary combo pieces in place yet.
He's a viable win con, and if you have the Unburial build in for him, you can gear your deck around the Animate Dead/Necromancy type build, and be very effective. Chose not to go that direction with my take on Kaalia of the Vast
5 days ago
@elephantambush Hi there, just saw this list up on reddit (I think I've seen this list before?) and I'm quite interested in some of the card choices:
- I see you have the black rituals but why none of the red one? (I'm talking about Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc) the deck seems to have enough red cards for these to be solid inclusions. Also why Inner Fire? I understand how you want to have a decent hand size via TSG, but you're only getting about 1-3 red mana so wouldn't the rituals be better?
- I'm not a fan of giving your opponents resources, but Mana Flare can backfire extremely hard (trust me, there's always someone who'll benefit more from this than you) I would replace it with Braid of Fire (bit slow so might not be the best choice tho) or with Caged Sun, or just another red ritual.
- TBH I think the first outlet should be replaced with Walking Ballista, I mean you've already got half the mike combo (NB: since ur at infinite TSG acts a sac outlet) in there, Exsanguinate and Walking Ballista can both be countered but rakdos has more ways to get back creatures from the graveyard than opposed to sorceries (red has some janky ones).
- for board clear Fire Covenant can do work here (life is just a resource) its acts as a one side clear or removal for threatening targets.
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth > Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
- you'll definitely need more than just reanimation spell, just having Animate Dead isn't really enough (especially since there are bearly any tutors, and this deck relies too heavily on drawing into the combo) Dance of the Dead, and Necromancy should be included in case animate dead gets countered or exiled (trust me it more often happens when your opponents know you're going for worldgorger).
- This is list seems to require TSG on the field to function, so adding in protection (eg Imp's Mischief) for the commander would be a must.
- Faithless Looting and Cathartic Reunion?
Either way, I'll leave my list if you're interested in looking for some things to improve or add (it's more of a competitive list but includes many ways to protect TSG which I think your list lacks) Scorpion god combo (CEDH)
1 week ago
Natural Order and Pattern of Rebirth are cards I run in my own Ghave build and they're phenomenal at tutoring out Protean Hulk. You have enough small dorks that any sac outlet on board + Order/Pattern wins on the spot by tutoring out Hulk, which between these and reanimation is basically as fast as Hulk can get without running Flash (which you can't, since Abzan). You can tutor Pattern with Academy Rector, which I've had to do, sometimes, so you can chain straight into a Hulk with Rector if you have a sac outlet.
To make room, I'd suggest removing Skyshroud Claim (way too slow when these other 4 mana cards enable a win) and Phyrexian Arena (also too slow, if aiming for t3-t4 wins. Library, Necro, etc., are absurdly better and having tutors that can let you straight up win seems better).
Other, random suggestions:
Seems odd to have Exploration/Oracle of Mul-Daya and not Burgeoning. Is the additional three mana cost of Oracle really worth being able to see/play your topdeck? If aiming for t4s, I'm of the mind that he's too expensive.
Why Phyrexian Delver over Dance of the Dead or Necromancy? At 5 mana, Karmic Guide does it better (so you have a reanimation method you can Pod into already, and having 2 at competing mana cost doesn't seem to make a huge amount of sense, IMO).
Love the deck though. Enjoy that Hulk!
1 week ago
This is Bean.
- Counterbalance (price for this on here is wrong, it's like $5 on tcgplayer. In fact, a lot of these prices are wrong)
- Frozen AEther
- Mana Maze
- Leyline of Anticipation
- Animate Dead
- Dance of the Dead
- Copy Enchantment
- Aura of Silence
- Arcane Laboratory
- Tainted Remedy
- Oblivion Ring
- Banishing Light
- Sphere of Safety
- Spirit of the Labyrinth
- Aegis of the Gods
- Eidolon of Rhetoric
- Supreme Verdict
- Rhystic Study
- Mystic Remora (Combos with Solemnity, as does any cumulative upkeep cards)
- Phyrexian Etchings
- Mind Harness
- Enlightened Tutor
- Dance of Many
- Pendrell Flux
- Vile Consumption
- Mana Web
- Praetor's Grasp
- Oppressive Rays
- Aqueous Form
- Suppression Field
- Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top + Etherium Sculptor or Helm of Awakening = draw you whole deck
- Stasis Snare
- Temporal Isolation
- Spirit Mantle
- Starfield of Nyx
- Phyrexian Unlife (play this first) + Ad Nauseam = Draw your whole deck. Unlife says: you can't lose the game for having 0 or less life, and all damage to dealt to you when below 0 life is instead dealt in poison counters. Ad Naus doesn't deal damage to you, it's loss of life and so you can pay as much life as you want, draw your deck, and not gain any counters. Works fantastically with all the Propaganda/Sphere of Safety effects, if you run them. Worst case scenario, just put Solemnity out and you can't gain poison counters :D
More expensive options, or later upgrades to the deck:
- Show and Tell + Omniscience (can allow you to potentially cast any number of game ending combos, i.e. Enter the Infinite + Laboratory Maniac + draw)
- Serra's Sanctum
- Dark Depths (combos with Solemnity)
- Idyllic Tutor
- Runed Halo
- Greater Auramancy
- Bitterblossom + Contamination
- Leyline of the Void, can also combo with: Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension, infinite combo while it exiles opponents libraries since Leyline of the Void is out.
- Leyline of Sanctity
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Good land ramp
Remove two counters and it's a power 1 or less creature that draws you a card!
Scry is almost carddraw!
Protection for your commander.
Good land to add
Makes daemons. Nice right?
Makes people think twice
you have a lot of black symbols
I think you might need more carddraw.I recommend 6-8 drawcards
one of the better draws
draws you a card every turn
multiple per turn if you're feeling it.
Drain a lot of people so you can fuel your carddraw
If you have too much mana, carddraw!
a really annoying card for your opponent.
Free token every turn?
Bring creatures back. then kill them, them bring them back!
bring big creatures back!
You like killing your own things right?
You can kill your own creatures and get carddraw