|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Myr
When Myr Retriever is put into a graveyard from play, return another target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||xXThormentXx , , buildingadeck , ironax , Lucretian , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , xpsychovampx , richardmv , Azdranax|
Myr Retriever Discussion
5 days ago
1 week ago
I think you could go down some of your copies of Scrap Trawler for Foundry Inspector or Implement of Combustion. because you are always returning you artifacts with trawler and Myr Retriever there is no longer a consequence for your opponents to take the damage from Pia's Revolution and Athreos, God of Passage. If you make the artifacts themselves of more consequence then the opponents will actually need to take the damage. Otherwise you can just cut Athreos and Pia's and put in more artifact recursion.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Can you explain, or can you direct me to an article/ video, that fleshes out the Scrap Trawler, Myr Retriever, Krark-Clan Ironworks + Mana Rocks Combo? I'm trying to piece together how it works and I don't think it works the way I think it works.
1 month ago
If I have this correct one of the main combos of the deck is netting infinite mana (Just as an example) Mox Opal, Mana Vault, Myr Retriever, Scrap Trawler, and Krark-Clan Ironworks then Goblin Cannon or draw the deck with Staff of Domination and Goblin Cannon. Is that right? I've been wanting to fiddle with more eggs pieces and Reckless Fireweaver for safety.
1 month ago
I wish Panharmonicon worked with Jhoira but sadly she triggers on cast, not on ETB. I agree that it's very much a glass cannon build that relies heavily on getting fast mana early in order to actually threaten anything at all. As for graveyard recursion I don't think it's all that bad since we have access to Myr Retriever, Scrap Trawler, Goblin Welder, Daretti, Scrap Savant, and Scrap Mastery. Thought Vessel is actually not a bad idea as the deck is in desperate need of untapped rocks.
1 month ago
- Any cmc 0 artifact or artifact creature + sac outlet + any creature that returns artifacts from graveyard or battlefield to hand.
- Lotus Petal + Restoration Specialist/Salvage Scout + sac outlet = infinite loops. Do this with Blasting Station/Altar of Dementia/Altar of the Brood on the table and you win.
- If you have Mishra's Bauble or Urza's Bauble as your cmc 0 artifact to recur but no win con in hand you can loop both indefinitely to draw as many cards as you want on your opponents next upkeep. If Spellbook is out on the table there is no punishment for hand size reduction (buzz off jin gitaxis!). If you have to discard to a wheel you still have access to looping creatures from the graveyard by playing Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle + any artifact on the next turn.
- Oblation on your own permanent, Ichor Wellspring, cycling Forsake the Worldly, all will draw you cards in a pinch.
- Probably best way to draw a ton of cards on your turn is to have a mana combo going and abuse it with something like Phyrexian Furnace or Scrabbling Claws, paying 1 extra each time you sac them in order to draw until you find what you need.
- If you are using Filigree Familiar as your recurrable creature be careful. The card draw is not a may ability so you can deck yourself if you get over zealous!
- Recur Burnished Hart. If you have any kind of mana combo and insert this in you can typically get all the lands you want out on the field.
- Knight of the White Orchid as a recurrable creature will get you lands into play untapped
- Recur Solemn Simulacrum via Myr Retriever or Junk Diver and Ashnod's Altar/Krark-Clan Ironworks. (Also gives you card draw.)
- Infinite mana into a Walking Ballista
- Storm with an Aetherflux Reservoir out/have soul warden out and recur creatures until you have infinite life then play the reservoir.
- Have Blasting Station or Altar of Dementia as your sac outlet for looping
- Have Ashnod's Altar or Krark-Clan Ironworks out as your sac outlet with Altar of the Brood on the board.
1 month ago
- Ashnod's Altar + Lotus Petal + Myr Retriever/Junk Diver/Leonin Squire = infinite mana. Leonin Squire makes it infinite colorless and the other two make it infinite white and colorless.
- Krark-Clan Ironworks + Lotus Petal + Myr Retriever/Junk Diver = infinite mana
- Ashnod's Altar + Mox Amber + Aviary Mechanic/Emancipation Angel/Glint Hawk/Kor Skyfisher/Stonecloaker = infinite mana
- Any sac outlet + Aviary Mechanic/Emancipation Angel/Glint Hawk/Kor Skyfisher/Stonecloaker + Mana Vault/Mana Crypt/Sol Ring = infinite colorless mana. Tap the artifact, play the creature to bring the artifact to hand, sac the creature, play the artifact bringing the creature back in, before the creature comes into play tap the artifact to float the mana. Repeat.