|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Myr
When Myr Retriever is put into a graveyard from play, return another target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Myr Retriever Discussion
5 days ago
I have an Artifact + Black deck with Silverskin Armor, Skeleton Shard, and two Myr Retriever. If I were to attach Silverskin Armor to Disciple of the Vault and it goes to the graveyard, can I use Myr Retriever or Skeleton Shard to bring Disciple of the Vault back from the graveyard to my hand?
1 week ago
1 week ago
I really like this deck and I may be shamelessly steeling some of the combos in this deck for memnarch :D I just have one question atm why do you have Junk Diver rather then Myr Retriever unless I've gone mad they do the same thing but the retriever is 1 mana less.
1 week ago
Looking at your deck, I can see there's 6-7 card that cost more than 5, and in modern, even with ramp like Palladium Myr or infinite combo of mana you can't base your strategy on it. I like myr as you do, I had a deck similar times ago, but this deck is more casual than modern, you won't win with that.
If you want to play it modern, considering the infinite mana combo is your win-co, you should get rid of Herald of Anguish, Hellkite Tyrant, Chief of the Foundry, everything that cost more than 5 basically (you don't play tron, you won't have enough mana). Then here comes the new stuff.
Ramp like Birds of Paradise would help but prioritize artefact base ramp, especially on myr. Etherium Sculptor is a favorite of mine. Then, you should board in tutor because you prefer Myr Galvanizer over anything (Enlightened Tutor is not cheap, but it's good, Fabricate is more in your range I presume). Clones could also work (Phantasmal Image could be nice, it would also be versatile, copying creatures from the opponent, Voltaic Key could also mimic Myr Galvanizer). Cheaper draw engine (Ancient Stirrings or Thoughtcast considering you would have a shit load of myr and Darksteel Citadel) is a most. Counter-spells or tax engine to slow the opponents down naturally (punishing anything other than artefact being played). You should also board in protection for your creature like Heroic Intervention or Myr Retriever in case you lost something important. FINNALLY, 4x Walking Ballista as your win-co, doing infinite damage. You won't have a lot of win-co thought, that's why a tezzeret or 2, whatever it is, ultimate is interesting.
The deck won't be tier 1, but you could perfectly have fun with it, and pretty cheaply. It would also become G/U, splashing W or B for Tezzeret or tax stuff. And one or 2 Master Transmuter, cause it's OP. It cost a lot but recycling a Walking Ballista who came too soon for anything better for the board state is just incredible.
If you want to see what a list would be like with my suggestion ask me, will take me a minute. Hope you have fun :)
4 weeks ago
Change Log 01/05/17
Added colored artifacts for the Dimir artifact archetype. Thought it would be a good idea to include some Dimir/X artifacts as well for some added variance.
- Executioner's Capsule (artifact removal)
- Scepter of Fugue (cross archetype artifact. could work in punisher?)
- Sharuum the Hegemon (Gives us a reason to splash white)
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept (good blocker, does stuff when it connects)
- Noxious Gearhulk (bomb)
- Sphinx Sovereign (decent top end, gives orzhov drain a payoff for splashing blue)
- Sphinx Summoner (value fliers. can't say no)
- Tidehollow Strix (this card is probably too shitty... BUT it's a nice rattlesnake in Dimir, which is good in multiplayer, and it's an artifact. Thoughts?)
- Cranial Plating (duh)
- Bident of Thassa (messes with opponents' combat and is an artifact. seems like other decks might want this, which is why i like it)
- Courier's Capsule (it's possible that this card just sucks, but I wanted to cast a wide net)
- Etherium Astrolabe (need sac outlets for Spine etc.)
- Etherium Sculptor (cost reduction)
- Ethersworn Adjudicator (good beater, another reason to splash white)
- Filigree Sages (this actually seems kinda bad now that I think of it. what do you think?)
- Inkwell Leviathan (duh)
- Mask of Riddles (maybe this sucks, but it's a good way to sneak in some damage and get cards while being an artifact)
- Master of Etherium (duh)
- Master Transmuter (duh)
- Sharding Sphinx (good top end)
- Skill Borrower (possible terrible, but could be fun. We need to see if there are enough activated abilities in the archetype to justify this)
- Thopter Foundry (need sac outlets, card is just value. we will not include the combo I don't think)
- Bastion Inventor (seems decent, but maybe a bit underpowered in multiplayer)
- Herald of Anguish (duh)
- Reverse Engineer (draw that rewards artifact decks. maybe too specific? probably better for the cube to just put some other draw in this slot)
- Sly Requisitioner (good way to get value from your sacced artifacts. also lines up nicely against the grave pact deck)
- Whir of Invention (duh)
- Wurmcoil Engine (duh)
- Spine of Ish Sah (duh)
- Solemn Simulacrum (duh)
- Scrap Trawler (duh)
- Treasure Keeper (duh)
- Filigree Familiar (duh)
- Epochrasite (i'm not super sold on this, but I like recurrable creatures in multiplayer, so this seems nice)
- Lodestone Golem (possibly too annoying)
- Scarecrone (duh)
- Foundry Inspector (duh)
- Palladium Myr (duh)
- Trading Post (duh)
- Myr Retriever (duh)
- Ichor Wellspring (duh)
- Mycosynth Wellspring (duh)
- Pristine Talisman (duh)
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (not sure actually whether this is the right tez for this archetype. both of the ones from kaladesh seem spicy. what do you think?)
OVERALL THOUGHTS: I'm a bit worried that this archetype as it is now builds itself too easily. I would prefer to have more cross-pollination among archetypes and less "this card is only good in the artifact deck". There is a risk that having both goblins (which are basically junk cards if no one is in the archetype) and artifacts (many of which are only good in the Dimir archetype) dilute the cube too much, making the less archetype-driven decks worse off due to fewer playables. What do you think?
1 month ago
Look at the classic Enduring Renewal decks for wincons. I'd reccomend the traditional Atog (which is modern legal) and Bloodthrone Vampire to enable a stable sacrifice core to the deck. 12 non-artifact creatures at max, but more likely 8. Myr Retriever is a traditional part of these combos alongside things like Altar of the Brood, but something as simple as a Semblance Anvil or set of Foundry Inspectors are usually used to enable things. I'd consider Genesis Chamber and Myr Sire to add some more threat to the pia/aetheros threat, and Myr Moonvessel if you want a self-casting option. Glaze Fiend is an interesting replacement for salivating, and is an artifact itself, similarly Salvage Slasher and Salvage Titan are also options.Good luck with the testing!
1 month ago
I know it's tempting in this kind of deck, but seriously, cut the Sol Rings. It's probably the dickest move you can pull in a casual deck out side of writting Mox [_] on a land with sharpie. Also, it literally means you can't play this under any formats rules. Even Vintage has it restricted to 1 per deck. Having played against two people who had a set of Sol Rings in their deck because "it's casual", I can tell you there is no greater impulse than to play as sharp as you can and kick the ever-loving cardboard out of them.
Play . Seriously, have some sort of black mana source (there are several cheap options like Spire of Industry or Springleaf Drum). Reason for it is Cranial Plating. Trust me, you want this if your goal is mono-artifact. Nothing says !!SURPRISE!! like swinging half your dudes and then killing someone because they didn't block Ornithopter. Ditch Coat of Arms and Door of Destinies for a playset. They're dirt cheep in comparison and offer far more flexibility. Reason being you can pay and move it at instant speed. It also functions as a lightning rod for their artifact removal; if they don't kill it, then it will kill them.
If you're wanting to go for as many lords as possible Master of Etherium is your man. I'd say its probably worth it to cut Adaptive Automaton for it at 1v1. Partly because Master is a bigger beater, but also because it buffs all your creatures so long as they're artifacts, thus freeing you from construct tribal. (Though, if you're going construct tribal, then ignore this.)
Cut the Scuttling Doom Engine. It's a fine sideboard card for when you know your opponent is low enough to the ground to make it a threat, but unless you're packing Fling or even better Shrapnel Blast, then its not worth it. What you want instead is an old standard favorite, Hangarback Walker. Shit gets beastly fast and when they finally kill it you get to swarm them for their trouble.
I'd also advise cutting Nahiri, the Harbinger simply because the deck currently lacks graveyard synergies to get the most out of her looting ability and there's nothing in the deck that is worth her ultimate that could actually close out the game. Maybe if you had Blightsteel Colossus as a 1-of it would be worth it, but even then you'd want something to fetch back your pitched artifacts. Maybe Myr Retriever or its ilk.
Ultimately, all this depends on what you want to do with the deck. I suggest some form of interaction like Galvanic Blast, the aforementioned Shrapnel Blast, or Dispatch. The last place you want to be is having lethal on the board and loosing because you couldn't stop a threat from coming through. Hell, even minimizing the amount of damage you'll take on the blowback from an alpha strike is worth running some removal.
on Hecking Heck
1 month ago
If you're going to stay mono-blue then no, I can't think of any. At least none that are modern legal. I can think of plenty of creature combos, but they're white and green. Possibly black if you want to do the Heartless Summoning infinite combo with Myr Retriever.